Jimmy Page featured in the April 2013 issue of Esquire Magazine

Cookie0024

He is cute, but the orange box gets in the way! You're welcome! :D Me too!

Haha! When I read that I literally thought "What box?" Had to go back and look! :D

The Danelectro in the bed is interesting. Why would Jimmy Page travel with it? That's not his house, it's a hotel room. Olympic cyclist Bradley Manning has seen Jimmy Page at the airport, and according to Twitter he's been all over the country recently. Recording an album?

I hope you're right!! :)

Yep, presumably it was taken at the same time as the Celebration Day press conference. He's wearing the same jacket and scarf as he did for the photos on the roof of the Riverton Hotel, so presumably that's where this photo is from.

I knew that, but I also hope that means he is recording. I am afraid to get my hopes up, I want it to be so much. :D

I couldn't get past Jimmy standing next to a large bed. :faint1: He knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

He's not cute. He looks definitely creepy.

Maybe Jimmy knows exactly what he's doing. Not sure the people at Esquire do.

The bedroom : Vanilla. (for JP???) And he looks cramped and goofy standing in that small space.

Selection of photos: a glossy mag like Esquire spends a fortune on photoshoots which it then airbrushes. I'm absolutely NOT calling for another airbrushed JP after that last one! - but that is a poor photograph : bad shot, plus - admit it, Pagettes - he can look a lot better than that ! Hecube, well said: he's not creepy, but you do have a point . For a high-end magazine, it looks a bit bargain basement / snapped on the hoof .. I haven't bought the magazine but if I did I'd fully expect to see a beautifully-crafted John Varvatos ad with a much cooler shot of Jimmy ..

And .. the guitar-in-the-bed thing . Did he actually re-use that "my wife and my mistress" quote in the Esquire interview ? ( quite possible... ) Or was it just someone's Startlingly Original idea to reference it. ?

Edited by truth and beauty

It does look rushed for sure truth and beauty, but it is afterall only for a one page interview. And they're not a music magazine so they probably don't care like we do! Of course I'd rather see a nice portrait like the AERA cover, but it's so nice to see any new photos :) I'm still really excited to get this!! :D 20 days to go....

Oh April, they're a STYLE magazine ! They should be trying superhard to care! Plus they have beaten their rivals to him - so should be time to show off with the swanky photography ...

The content sounds terrific and VERY enticing: can't wait to hear exactly what he's said especially about touring... it's just the photo I'm cringeing over !

And, just looking back at it , I think the problem is, they must have set up some randomised lighting thing behind him to cast "interesting" shadows .. and lost sight of the person they were actually shooting .

I think what I'm saying is something approaching "bring back Ross Halfin" .. or at least someone with equivalent quality control ..

Oh April, they're a STYLE magazine ! They should be trying superhard to care! Plus they have beaten their rivals to him - so should be time to show off with the swanky photography ...

The content sounds terrific and VERY enticing: can't wait to hear exactly what he's said especially about touring... it's just the photo I'm cringeing over !

And, just looking back at it , I think the problem is, they must have set up some randomised lighting thing behind him to cast "interesting" shadows .. and lost sight of the person they were actually shooting .

I think what I'm saying is something approaching "bring back Ross Halfin" .. or at least someone with equivalent quality control ..

Haha okay I guess I can see your frustration then! :D I've never looked inside an Esquire, sounds like they're maybe along the lines of GQ? I was assuming they were more like a "look at these girls" type of publication ^_^

Oh yeah!!! I didn't notice the shadows at all before!! I guess I was distracted by the foreground :P

Do we know who took this photo yet? I do like Ross Halfin ones...even his candid ones are phenomenal.

Haha okay I guess I can see your frustration then! :D I've never looked inside an Esquire, sounds like they're maybe along the lines of GQ? I was assuming they were more like a "look at these girls" type of publication ^_^

Oh yeah!!! I didn't notice the shadows at all before!! I guess I was distracted by the foreground :P

Do we know who took this photo yet? I do like Ross Halfin ones...even his candid ones are phenomenal.

From what I've seen, Esquire is similar to GQ. The cover of this issue seems to stand out.

I originally thought that it was a photo of Michael Winner when I saw it, guess it must be a bad scan!

Kenog said it wasn't Ross Halfin, so perhaps a photographer sent along by the magazine? That would make sense if it's a company guy since there's no photo credit overlaid on the image seen here.

Cookie, from memory, the photographer is named. Esquire is not as 'upmarket' a men's style mag as GQ.

From what I've seen, Esquire is similar to GQ. The cover of this issue seems to stand out.

I originally thought that it was a photo of Michael Winner when I saw it, guess it must be a bad scan!

Kenog said it wasn't Ross Halfin, so perhaps a photographer sent along by the magazine? That would make sense if it's a company guy since there's no photo credit overlaid on the image seen here.

Cookie, from memory, the photographer is named. Esquire is not as 'upmarket' a men's style mag as GQ.

What I meant is that if it was a photographer who doesn't work for Esquire who had licensed the image for print then his name would appear quite prominently on the page. Since I couldn't see it in the scan, I presumed it was magazine photographer who receives a smaller photo credit elsewhere in the feature.

Truth and Beauty,

I don't recall him doing the usual 'my guitar is my mistress' routine in the interview. :) BTW I bet all the Pagettes on the board would love to be where that guitar is!!

Maybe Jimmy knows exactly what he's doing. Not sure the people at Esquire do.

The bedroom : Vanilla. (for JP???) And he looks cramped and goofy standing in that small space.

Selection of photos: a glossy mag like Esquire spends a fortune on photoshoots which it then airbrushes. I'm absolutely NOT calling for another airbrushed JP after that last one! - but that is a poor photograph : bad shot, plus - admit it, Pagettes - he can look a lot better than that ! Hecube, well said: he's not creepy, but you do have a point . For a high-end magazine, it looks a bit bargain basement / snapped on the hoof .. I haven't bought the magazine but if I did I'd fully expect to see a beautifully-crafted John Varvatos ad with a much cooler shot of Jimmy ..

And .. the guitar-in-the-bed thing . Did he actually re-use that "my wife and my mistress" quote in the Esquire interview ? ( quite possible... ) Or was it just someone's Startlingly Original idea to reference it. ?

Just had a look at Getty Images and it seems that the Esquire photograph was likely taken on October 8th in his room at the Four Seasons Hotel. The Washington Post shot a few stills of him in his room for a piece, so I'm guessing that all the interviews were arranged on the day before the NYC press conference.

That's what I would have thought as well...I guess we just have to wait and find out! :)

BTW I bet all the Pagettes on the board would love to be where that guitar is!!

HELL YEAH!! :nuke:

Just had a look at Getty Images and it seems that the Esquire photograph was likely taken on October 8th in his room at the Four Seasons Hotel. The Washington Post shot a few stills of him in his room for a piece, so I'm guessing that all the interviews were arranged on the day before the NYC press conference.

Ah so it probably was someone they sent along then! Very nice detective work Cookie! :)

Thanks for sharing, Cookie.

When the issue comes out, I hope someone posts the interview/article here.

No worries. My understanding is that the subscriber-only edition has been released in the UK, so I'm currently looking for it on eBay and will post it in full when I get my hands on it.

Truth and Beauty,

I don't recall him doing the usual 'my guitar is my mistress' routine in the interview. :) BTW I bet all the Pagettes on the board would love to be where that guitar is!!

...Hi Kenog, no need for him to say this phrase...the photo says it all, from Miss P. to now the Guitar, Ever Dazzling Mr. Page sure knows how to cleverly (very) craft jealousies, I recall that historic moment, Bebe and Lori fighting over Jimmy, as he watched the "whole thing hilarious"...still after decades, The Coveted Mr. Page Remains The Same....

.... As for the Guitar, Pete Townsend resides in London you know!! :heartbreaker: I will look for this magazine, and send it to him, I bet he will crumble it to pieces :elvis2:

I think the problem is, they must have set up some randomised lighting thing behind him to cast "interesting" shadows ..

T & B,

Is it possible that there is a corner table with a lamp behind Jimmy? If so, it is not the most professional photographic lighting attempt.

T & B,

Is it possible that there is a corner table with a lamp behind Jimmy? If so, it is not the most professional photographic lighting attempt.

Yeah I'm guessing that's a lamp, but it should really have been turned off. Presumably what was arranged was an interview just before the Celebration Day conference, and the photo was a quick bonus for the magazine. If that had been a professional shoot, you would have seen smooth lighting. Check out the Washington Post article for shots that were likely from the same day, and lit much better.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/led-zeppelin-listened-to-each-other-and-found-rock-and-rolls-most-magical-formula/2012/11/29/4ba466fc-35ac-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html