2013 NFL Thread

Strider

OK. So Miami is 2-0. They won at Indy so that one I will give them high grades for. We had New England on the ropes with a new QB in his first NFL game and a new coach in his first NFL game and exposed them as more than beatable. We then beat a good Carolina team that plays in arguably the second best division in the NFL. Manuel is way ahead of schedule on the learning chart. Far ahead of any QB in the division, Brady excluded. Better than Sanchez ever was already. I expect Spiller to have a big game Sunday. It seems to me that the Meadowlands is large field. My daughter who went to the Bills game with me is ten minutes from the place. Good thing I am not or I would be there again Sunday. This team has Western NY excited. And for good reason. Hey Strider, your Raiders seem to have a very good defense. That is why I love the Raiders/Denver game under the 49 pt over and under. I had Cincy and under last night and cashed. When it comes to these type of things I have been pretty good. The Raiders will have trouble scoring before a hostile Denver crowd but I believe their defense can limit Denver's output and keep the score down. I still think they have far too much and I think it will be about 34-9 Denver. Your D is better. Now if you get your offense going the Silver and Black may return to the mix by next year. San Diego to me is still better than people think and KC is overated just because of Smith. Ill take Phillip Rivers. They won in Philly, not easy. Lets see how KC fairs there.

Atlanta worries me, Andrew Luck was moving the Colts up & down the field on Miami's defense, but they stiffened when they had to & held them to field goals for the most part. I worry Matt Ryan & his core of receivers could have a big day down in Miami, but there's also a part of me who thinks the Falcons may not be as good as advertised.

Oh, and before I forget...

Atlanta worries me, Andrew Luck was moving the Colts up & down the field on Miami's defense, but they stiffened when they had to & held them to field goals for the most part. I worry Matt Ryan & his core of receivers could have a big day down in Miami, but there's also a part of me who thinks the Falcons may not be as good as advertised.

Oh, and before I forget...

You should be worried. They will be taking no damn prisoners when they leave there. I would not take the Bills over them now either. Atlanta is damn good and they are very experienced and in a foul mood losing some tough playoff games.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/18/trent-richardson-colts-browns-first-round-pick-willis-mcgahee/2834297/

The main reason I picked the Browns in the two prediction games so far this year. Fook!

Cleveland...it's been real, it's been fun... but it hasn't been real fun.

CBS sportsline has an arcticle on the Browns right now. They say Cleveland is stock piling their picks and are ready to cash in next draft. So it could be two or three years but in due time they should return to being a good team again. The NFL needs Cleveland to be a good team. There is alot of tradition there. When I was growing up in the sixties I watched them every week, had no choice really, but they had Leroy Kelly and a good team every year. Of course they lost the title game at home in 1969 34-0 to one of the greatest teams to not win the Super Bowl that year. Those Colts that were upset in Super Bowl III. Cleveland had beaten them in the regular season 30-20 in the Colts only loss. They were 13-1. Under the old 14 game format and the NFL and AFL were seperate leagues until the huge upsets of the Colts and Vikings ended that. The early sixties had Jim Brown and if there had been a Super Bowl I am sure Cleveland would have won. Unless they had the misfortune of playing the Bills and Jack Kemp. LOL

^^^

Welcome back to the land of the living, DAS. I must say I didn't expect KC to turn it around this quick. There's still a lot of season left, though.

Rick, tell me again why Buffalo didn't make more of an effort to sign Alex Smith?

I'm dreading Monday night.

^^^

Welcome back to the land of the living, DAS. I must say I didn't expect KC to turn it around this quick. There's still a lot of season left, though.

Rick, tell me again why Buffalo didn't make more of an effort to sign Alex Smith?

I'm dreading Monday night.

I do not know but so far EJ Manuel is looking pretty good

Chiefs could very well be 4-0 in several days, they have the stumbling, bumbling Giants next on their schedule in Kansas City. Could the Chiefs possibly challenge Denver for the division crown...

smiley-confused002.gif

Until they play them head to head and then most likely get beat. But I am sure their schedule has to have some tough games? Even though they do have a "last place schedule" based on how they finished last year

C'mon Paul.....if they didn't have those turnovers last night they probably would not have won. I know, they created some of those turnovers, but they cannot consistently get the ball into the end zone. They have no chance against Denver if they cannot get the ball into the end zone. Still, what an improvement over last year! Paul, didn't you pick them for a WC spot?

Chiefs could very well be 4-0 in several days, they have the stumbling, bumbling Giants next on their schedule in Kansas City. Could the Chiefs possibly challenge Denver for the division crown...

smiley-confused002.gif

The Chiefs and Denver will probably split the series. They do every year unless one team is a lot better than the other, and even then they usually split. Denver sucks at Arrowhead and the Chiefs do in Denver. Anyways, division games are always close. The Raiders could beat the Broncos this year.

C'mon Paul.....if they didn't have those turnovers last night they probably would not have won. I know, they created some of those turnovers, but they cannot consistently get the ball into the end zone. They have no chance against Denver if they cannot get the ball into the end zone. Still, what an improvement over last year! Paul, didn't you pick them for a WC spot?

Every game has "if it wasn't for..." moments. That's the game. Plus, the Chiefs do not need to consistently score touchdowns. The defense holds the other teams in check and the offense plays field position. You score when you can but you don't need thirty points a game to win. The idea that only high powered offenses can win in this league is ESPN talking head bologna.

I'm not Superbowl dreaming but we clearly have a turned around team here.

Walter must be happy...Dallas up 7-0 early. I barely sat down to my Sunday brunch and Cincy is already up 14-0 over Green Bay! What the fuck has happened to the Packers? This can't be the same team that won the Super Bowl. Cincy might be for real.

I tried to tell Rick, the Bucs ain't worth shit. I've got my thumbs down smiley for the Vikings, Giants and those fraudulent ass Houston Texans! :thumbdown:

My sentiments exactly, Paul. Save that thumb for San Francisco if the Colts upset them.

Archived