2013 NFL Thread

Strider

RAIDERS! COWBOYS! TONIGHT!

Oh wait, it's preseason...never mind.

You know me....I'll be recording it for sure! ;) I don't watch much of the preseason, but when it comes to my 'boys I don't miss a down! Plus I like to watch the progression of the rookies and other guys I've been reading about.

Anybody watching Hard Knocks, with the Bengals, on HBO?

OUCH! Steelers just took a big hit...Plaxico Burress out for the season.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there's a lot more ACL tears and injuries in general this year, this early.

I didn't watch the Raiders vs. Cowboys, so I'm not getting excited over their win, either. What troubles me and had me blinking my eyes in disbelief when I looked at the game stats in the morning paper was our quarterback lineup: Pryor-Flynn-McGloin-Wilson! :blink:

A quarterback, a quarterback...my kingdom for a quarterback. Oy vey! These schmoes are nothing but journeymen backup fodder. There isn't a franchise-leading quarterback in the bunch. The Raiders are doomed...unless McFadden can run like a beast for a full season without getting hurt.

You're not getting excited about a preseason score are you Rick? My Dolphins smoked the Jaguars, but I'm not expecting to buy my playoff tickets. Just saying... ;)

My daughters boyfriend is a damn Fins fan. He thinks they will win the division. Anyways, any time Buffalo smokes another team it goes against the norm. Are you kidding? Those Colts fans felt like they got kicked in the pants. I know its only pre season. I have watched this game since the mid sixties. But the kid was good nonetheless. Time will tell. It looks like he may have a shot at winning the job from Kolb? Now, back to baseball

Another FAILED Redskins signing. Washington signs Devery Henderson in June; releases him in August.

Dan Snyder is a laughing stock.

Raiders lose starting LT Jared Veldheer to torn triceps injury. There goes our blindside protection. Another crucial injury in preseason.

Tom Brady is day-to-day...probably not as serious as first feared. But that'll mean more time for Tebow.

The Cowboys appear to have "fumble-itis" today. Wonder how Walter is taking in the game?

Not well at all! 6 TURNOVERS!!! On the bright side, the defense didn't allow a single TD - so that was good at least!

Sorry about Keller, Paul. I've never heard of anyone tearing the ACL, MCL AND PCL all at the same time. Tough loss.

Yeah, that Keller injury really sucks, heard he & Tannehill were really clicking in training camp. Now I believe it's all rookies on the depth chart competing to fill his spot.

Manuel was reallly clicking for the Bills. He is expected to be ready for the season. Week two or three worst case. I hope he is ready for New England because I believe he is going to be the starter. You just get the feeling between Miami and the Bills, one of them is bound to surprise and give New England hell. I think New England is finally on the decline. They have seen their better days. I am wondering about Minnesota? How good they might be? That west division is sure going to be good. Seattle, SF, St Louis and Arizona. Who would have thought two years ago this would be the best division. Go Bills!!!!

Tonight we'll get to see if Eddie Lacy has what it takes to make defenses take their mind off the discount double check's arm 90% of the time.

Hoping Lacy gets some one on one quality time with some linebackers and secondary tonight.

The Lions have sold out both preseason games. Who are these people ?

Our defense, especially the secondary, looks much improved. Reggie Bush should help out quite a bit once Megatron gets back in the lineup. Nick Fairley plays DT like an undisciplined street punk. The guy needs to get himself under control. Unfortunately the Lions have another schedule from hell.....one of the toughest in the league. I'll say 7-9, with a possible firing of Schwartz at the end of the year.

The Lions have sold out both preseason games. Who are these people ?

Our defense, especially the secondary, looks much improved. Reggie Bush should help out quite a bit once Megatron gets back in the lineup. Nick Fairley plays DT like an undisciplined street punk. The guy needs to get himself under control. Unfortunately the Lions have another schedule from hell.....one of the toughest in the league. I'll say 7-9, llswith a possible firing of Schwartz at the end of the year.

They have a ton of talent. I expect them to do better than predicted. As for my Bills, Matt Leinert is finally going to get a tryout. I hope it goes well.

Rick, you'd better hope he pans out. An injured rookie as a starter and a concussion-addled back-up is not a good way to begin the season. CJ Spiller and the defense are gonna have to carry the workload, it appears.

Rick, you'd better hope he pans out. An injured rookie as a starter and a concussion-addled back-up is not a good way to begin the season. CJ Spiller and the defense are gonna have to carry the workload, it appears.

But the rookie looks mighty good. Will use Leinert until he returns. Manuel may be the ticket

But the rookie looks mighty good. Will use Leinert until he returns. Manuel may be the ticket

So how did Leinart look, Rick? No matter, as it looks like Buffalo is going with the rookie Jeff Tuel for their opener if El Manuel cannot play. http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#1-9601766

I haven't seen any preseason football and I'm not about to start now, because the fourth-week preseason game is the least essential. Fear of injury means no starters will play much, if at all.

Going thru the scores over the weekend's games, my eyes did a double-take at the Detroit game. Did the Lions really thrash New England 40-9? :blink:

So how did Leinart look, Rick? No matter, as it looks like Buffalo is going with the rookie Jeff Tuel for their opener if El Manuel cannot play. http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#1-9601766

I haven't seen any preseason football and I'm not about to start now, because the fourth-week preseason game is the least essential. Fear of injury d. means no starters will play much, if at all.

Going thru the scores over the weekend's games, my eyes did a double-take at the Detroit game. Did the Lions really thrash New England 40-9? :blink:

Pretty on paper isn't it? Yes it happened. I expect Manuel to be ready. Leinert has not taken a snap yet. Would not count him out.

CBS Sportsline has posted their picks for divisions, and Super Bowl. Pete Prisco is picking the Cincinnati Bengals to win it all!!! Wow. Now for some other interesting predictions. 3 of 6 are picking my Buffalo Bills to finish 2nd in the AFC East. Yes. Jets last across the board. NE to win it across the board. I think they suspect the Bills could really shock, but they are not going to stick their necks out that far. I think Manuel has really impressed alot of people. I just cant believe our coach is naming this non drafted nobody to start opening day vs NE. I have to see to believe. What if Leinert comes out and really shines? I am hoping Manuel is ready. He is already running and working out. Lots of love for Seattle in the NFC west, rated the toughest division in football. The NFC South is pretty tough too. The Lions are picked 2nd by 3 of them. On some sites the Lions are given no chance. I do not see why. and Minnesota could be better than advertised. I think Green Bay is being over rated. Now another shocker. Three pick the Giants to win the East. Only one the Redskins. To me the Redskins should be the favorites? But this division is unpredictable. Dallas and Philly could both be surprises. Ill go out on a limb and give my picks now.

NFC East Washington

NFC Central Detroit

NFC West Seattle

NFC South Atlanta

Wild Cards San Fran, Tampa

AFC East Buffalo (ha-could there be any doubt)

AFC Central Cincy

AFC South Houston

AFC West San Diego

Wild Cards Baltimore Denver

Wow, going with the Chargers to win the AFC West, ballsy. Here's my prognostications:

NFC East: Washington (This all hinges on whether or not RGIII can stay healthy)

NFC North: Green Bay

NFC South: Atlanta

NFC West: San Francisco

Wild Cards: Dallas and Seattle

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Cincinnati

AFC South: Houston

AFC West: Denver

Wild Cards: Kansas City & Pittsburgh

Archived