That Metal Show

zepscoda

Season 12 starts tonight with Jason Newsted. ......here is the season line up:

6/01 Jason Newsted (former Metallica bassist/Newsted)

6/08 Corey Taylor & Josh Rand (Stone Sour)

6/15* Rex Brown (Pantera, Kill Devil Hill) and Sebastian Bach (*100th Episode)

6/22 Jake E. Lee (former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist / Badlands) and Rick Allen (Def Leppard)

6/29 Queensrÿche (Scott Rockenfield & Todd La Torre) and Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

7/06 Rob Zombie & John 5 and Tom Keifer (Cinderella)

7/13 Scott Gorham & Ricky Warwick (Thin Lizzy/Black Star Riders) and Neil Fallon (Clutch)

7/20 Buck Dharma (Blue Öyster Cult) & Kix (Steve Whiteman & Brian Forsythe)

I really like watching "That Metal Show".

Anyone who reads this may not agree with me, however, I personally think that Eddie Trunk and "That Metal Show" had a lot do with Rush finally being inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I believe Rush should have been nominated and inducted the very first year They were eligible (way back in 1999).

Also, I like it when there is always a Led Zeppelin mention/reference by either the cast, artist or audience member. There seems to be a LZ reference a lot in the past and even in the first episode of this new season.

It seems that they did away with the Top Five lists this new season which means that the very cool and Beautiful Jennifer only comes out during the "Stump the Trunk" segment. As much as I Love this show, I think that Jennifer should be part of the panel, right next to the guys.

Edited by kingzoso

I do enjoy the show also. Disagree about the prize girl being on the panel, but to each his own. Jimmy Florentine has always been a favorite of mine. Eddie Trunk does a great job at keeping information about rock/metal flowing, even when its not fashionable to do so. Haven't watched the season premiere yet, but I always catch it when I see that it's on.

:peace:

So far there has been a zeppelin reference in each of the shows this season. Last night Rex Brown was asked "what band would he want to be in other than Pantera, if he could have his pick" Led Zeppelin was his answer.

Edited by zepscoda

That Metal Show blows!

The only one I don't mind is Jim Florentine. Eddie Trunk is fat & annoying, and every time I see or hear Don Jamieson, I'd like to punch him in his face!

I hate the term "metal", and the whole "metal" genre. It's unfortunate bands I love - Black Sabbath, UFO, Cactus, Metallica, etc., etc., are lumped into this category by the buffoons that host this show. They also show too much love for the whole BS hairband scene! Don Jamieson made a negative comment once toward Soundgarden and the whole Seattle grunge scene. It was a statement made by either Trunk or Florentine about how Soundgarden and the grunge bands wanted to be like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc., and Jamieson's comment was along the lines of - "if I wanted to hear Black Sabbath, I'd listen to Sabbath, and not those bands trying to duplicate their sound." This was followed up by a gig applause from the crowd. It was the tone Jamieson used that really pissed me off. Here he has members from these fag hairbands on the show, talking about how they try to emulate the likes of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc., etc., and he kisses their ass, tells them how awesome they are. But when those great grunge bands of the late 80's/early 90's are mentioned, Jamieson spews criticism.

Fuck Don Jamieson and That Metal Show!

Edited by Amstel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

From Eddie Trunks web site :

"Thrilled to announce the official return of THAT METAL SHOW for 2014! Season 13 will premiere 1/18 on VH1 Classic. The show is moving its production back to NYC. We are also changing the way we do the shows for the first time. Instead of doing a bunch in a few days and then they roll out over time, we will now be doing a new show in NYC every Tuesday that you will see that Saturday. Also we will do more new episodes in a row per season. Instead of 8, we are now scheduled for 12 in a row."

I haven't made it through a whole show, of that metal show. Being a music fan, i appreciated they're appreciation for metal though, i found that interesting. But i am not a metal maniac, so i would only find particular guests interesting if i followed the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Good show Saturday night. The new set in NY looks cool. There are 2 murals painted on the wall, to the left of the cast is a painting of Tony Iommi standing with his SG and to the right of the cast is John Bonham standing with his symbol behind him.

Edit due to my dumb ass mis spelling Iommi !

Edited by zepscoda

• 1 month later...