2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

I think the number is 13 for teams that have never won a Super Bowl. Seattle may cross themselves off that list...

The only other Super Bowl they made it to was in my opinion the worst two teams to ever play in the big game. I hope there is not a ton of snow. That could give Denver a slight edge due to their being used to it. Seattle weather is similar to London England to my knowledge? Does anyone dispute that? Seattle has by far a superior defense and a better running game. Peyton gets the edge in the passing game of course. But Wilson is not chopped liver as the 49ers great defense learned. SF had the 2nd best defense. Seattle should be able to move the ball well. If they can keep Lynch pounding them, they can eat the clock, keep the ball away from Manning and make his life a living hell if he has to play catch up vs that defense. I like Seattle big. This game is similar to the Tampa/Oakland game back when Rich Gannon was MVP. Remember what Tampa's defense did to the Raiders?

^^ I think this will definitely be the best defense Denver has faced all year. I was thinking a score in the high 'teens, maybe the low 20s. Got to wonder if Peyton will test Richard Sherman's side of the field, certainly the Denver receiving core is better than "mediocre." Denver's run game could be key in this game as well...

I think Seattle's defense is overrated. SF scored first, SF lead at the half. If Sherman doesn't intercept that ball with 30 seconds left, Seattle is not in the title game.

Either way, it is not gonna be some 36-0 game, at least I hope not!! Gawd, I remember SF vs Denver way back, 55-10. Painful (and boring) to watch.

I'm going with Seattle, but I think it's pretty much a coin flip.

In a sadistic way, I hope the NFL gets burned on this outdoor Super Bowl. Only in America could a bankrupt city be on their second domed stadium, while Chicago and New York City have none. Also seems to me that if Hawaii can host the Pro Bowl every year, they should be in a permanent rotation for the Super Bowl. At least earning a trip to the islands would be a reward worth talking about.

ITA, Bong-man. The SB should be held in an indoor stadium at least. It's one thing to make the players suffer through the bitter cold conditions, but the fans deserve a venue where they can enjoy themselves and not freeze to death after paying so much for a ticket. If they had the SB

today, attendance would be way off. Who knows what will happen in two weeks. Travel conditions

Could be in bad shape.

It's one thing to make the players suffer through the bitter cold conditions, but the fans deserve a venue where they can enjoy themselves and not freeze to death after paying so much for a ticket.

I'm pretty sure that Chris Christie had a hand in this stupid decision. :thumbdown:

It'll probably be Monday night at 9:00 - just to f*ck us all on the east coast!

Again, why this game isn't always played on Saturday night is beyond me! The parties would be bigger and better, plus most would have the next day off....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10346582/2013-nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-ticket-prices-continue-plummet

High/Low Temperature forecast for Superbowl Week

Sunday 19/19

Monday 34/4

Tuesday 18/3

Wednesday 21/7

Thursday 25/18

Friday 33/20

Saturday 34/25

For Super Sunday. TWC predicts:

High of 35, with a 60% chance of Rain/Snow Showers

Wind from the W at 8 mph

Low of 25

^^^

So about your regular Dec / Jan weather for us Northerners. The only prob I see if you are at the stadium, is everything is longer (TV timeouts longer and more of them, halftime is longer, regular timeouts are longer) so more time sitting in the cold....

They are wimps down there in the City. Upstate here in my region of NY its about 15 degree's colder on average. Lucky the game is not in Buffalo. LOL. If only one of those games in the early 90's were in Buffalo we would have our damn ring

This can't be an enjoyable experience even

If you are from the northeast and used to the cold.

The projected temp of 36 is almost tropical compared

to the 19 degree temps during next week.

Of course, the snow and rain will make it

perfect for all the "we're used to it, we can

take it" crowd.

^^^

So about your regular Dec / Jan weather for us Northerners. The only prob I see if you are at the stadium, is everything is longer (TV timeouts longer and more of them, halftime is longer, regular timeouts are longer) so more time sitting in the cold....

....and wet! Snow showers are much worse than snow itself - for the spectators.

I disagree with indoor stadiums only - football was meant to be played in the elements, IMO.

If the Superdome was an outdoor stadium

with a game played in late August/early

September and the temperature was

the usual 98 degrees with humidity at

80 percent we would not have a very

big crowd if fans came from the north.

This heat is hard to tolerate even for

the locals, it gets hard to breathe.

If the Superdome was an outdoor stadium

with a game played in late August/early

September and the temperature was

the usual 98 degrees with humidity at

80 percent we would not have a very

big crowd if fans came from the north.

This heat is hard to tolerate even for

the locals, it gets hard to breathe.

How do you think it is in Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, and used to be like in Dallas when they had the open roof Texas Stadium (so God could watch his favorite team)? College teams all throughout the south don't have domed stadiums, and they begin playing earlier than the NFL. Anyway, I was referring to the Super Bowl, only, with the initial statement - commenting on you saying all SB's should be played indoors.

Archived