2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

Right now, I'd have to lean toward New England. Though I'm sure WW would gloat in exacting revenge. If NE played Denver today, I believe NE would've won. I don't get SD's lethargic first half offensive strategy today. Tomorrow is another day. I'll have to read yalls take before I commit my picks.

Wow, both of these games can go either way....

Denver. (Pats fan here, but don't want them in another losing SB, and don't think they can beat SF or Seattle. I have to imagine Peyton knows this is probably his last chance at another ring, so Denver should be very sharp. And too many holes in Pats offense and defense, sooner or later they will be exposed).

Seattle. (Harbaugh has been so close, but I just don't see them overcoming Seattle, unless they can rattle Wilson)

Both games are toss ups for sure. I believe the winner of the Seattle/SF game will pound the AFC winner. I want Seattle as they are the only team to never have won and I like Pete Carrol. I am not buying into Tom Brady's underdog act. Who does he think he is? Joe Namath playing for the 1969 Jets? Now they were underdogs. In case you were too young to know, as 19 1/2 ;pt underdogs in the Super Bowl vs a Baltimore Colts team that was 13-1 and the one loss to Cleveland 30-20 was avenged in the NFL title game 34-0!!!! They found a way to lose the Super Bowl 16-7. That was the end of the old format as the merger soon followed. In a rematch during the regular season the next year, with Johnny Unitas at QB, the Colts beat the daylights out of them like they should have in the SB. So there are no true underdogs in these games. That said my picks are

Seattle

New England

But I do not feel good about them

I am not buying into Tom Brady's underdog act. Who does he think he is?

Mr. Bundchen?

So there are no true underdogs in these games.

What else can you call New England? The "non-favorites"? (I know they are your "least favorite") :-)

Wow, both of these games can go either way....

Denver. (Pats fan here, but don't want them in another losing SB, and don't think they can beat SF or Seattle. I have to imagine Peyton knows this is probably his last chance at another ring, so Denver should be very sharp. And too many holes in Pats offense and defense, sooner or later they will be exposed).

Seattle. (Harbaugh has been so close, but I just don't see them overcoming Seattle, unless they can rattle Wilson)

Both games are toss ups for sure. I believe the winner of the Seattle/SF game will pound the AFC winner. I want Seattle as they are the only team to never have won and I like Pete Carrol. I am not buying into Tom Brady's underdog act. Who does he think he is? Joe Namath playing for the 1969 Jets? Now they were underdogs. In case you were too young to know, as 19 1/2 ;pt underdogs in the Super Bowl vs a Baltimore Colts team that was 13-1 and the one loss to Cleveland 30-20 was avenged in the NFL title game 34-0!!!! They found a way to lose the Super Bowl 16-7. That was the end of the old format as the merger soon followed. In a rematch during the regular season the next year, with Johnny Unitas at QB, the Colts beat the daylights out of them like they should have in the SB. So there are no true underdogs in these games. That said my picks are

Seattle

New England

But I do not feel good about them

Wow, I am surprised by both of your posts...well, maybe not Rick's, given how much he hates New England. But I don't understand why you feel New England couldn't beat Seattle in the SB, in_the_evening?

The Super Bowl will NOT be played in Seattle; it is outdoors at Giants Stadium in NY. In fact, I think either AFC team, whether it is New England or Denver, will be favoured over Seattle in the Super Bowl, and possibly San Francisco, too. Las Vegas loves Tom Brady and Payton Manning.

Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

Wow, I am surprised by both of your posts...well, maybe not Rick's, given how much he hates New England. But I don't understand why you feel New England couldn't beat Seattle in the SB, in_the_evening?

The Super Bowl will NOT be played in Seattle; it is outdoors at Giants Stadium in NY. In fact, I think either AFC team, whether it is New England or Denver, will be favoured over Seattle in the Super Bowl, and possibly San Francisco, too. Las Vegas loves Tom Brady and Payton Manning.

Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

I just see NE with so many holes on both sides of the ball. I love the Pats, love how they always find a way to win or at least be competitive, no matter who goes down and Blount is getting super hot at the right time. I remember the 2008 season when Brady went down, the Pats still went 11-5. So my heart

says they could win it all, my head says Denver is way too hungry and better staffed for players. I agree

with Rick, this is an NFC Superbowl, so either Seatlle or SF win the big game.

I just see NE with so many holes on both sides of the ball. I love the Pats, love how they always find a way to win or at least be competitive, no matter who goes down and Blount is getting super hot at the right time. I remember the 2008 season when Brady went down, the Pats still went 11-5. So my heart

says they could win it all, my head says Denver is way too hungry and better staffed for players. I agree

with Rick, this is an NFC Superbowl, so either Seatlle or SF win the big game.

I absolutely believe this, that the winner of SF and Seattle will win the Super Bowl. No way will they be the underdog Strider. No way. Seattle played a game vs the Giants in the stadium the SB will be in. The AFC teams do not have a defense that is even close to SF or Seattle's. That is the big point. Defense wins championships. NE and Denver live by offense. Their defense's are not as good as SF or Seattle's. The NFC representative will be favored, more if its New England than if its Denver. If its SF and Denver it could be a pick game. If its Seattle they will be favored.

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady vs. Kaepernick or Russell Wilson; looking at it from that perspective I have to go with the AFC....

Seattle has been the best team in football all year. Wilson does not have the fame that Brady, Manning and even Kaepernick have. But did Flacco? No. And Flacco won

^^ It's true that the best QB doesn't always win; the fact that Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien have Super Bowl rings while Marino and Fouts have none is proof of that.

Having said all that, I still think Peyton is on a mission, not that Tom Brady isn't, I'm just rooting for the Broncos in any event.

My picks are:

New England

Seattle

Unless I change my mind...

Off topic, (sorry) but I'm suprised Strider hasn't congratted me and the Tide Nation for Saban hiring Kiffin.

My picks are:

New England

Seattle

Unless I change my mind...

Off topic, (sorry) but I'm suprised Strider hasn't congratted me and the Tide Nation for Saban hiring Kiffin.

I went the same way you did but I sure do not feel good about either of them. I actually hope I am wrong on New England. But as long as Seattle wins I will be ok with it. I do not think Denver or New England can stop each other's offense. Could be a crazy 45-44 type of arrair. I jumped on the 5 1/2 pts with NE while I could and sure enough it has dropped to 4. San Fran can still feel the sting of losing last year but they got there. Seattle's defense can shut them down and Lynch, the ex Bill as I am so often reminded by a friend that thinks we messed up letting him go, should be able to pound out some yards and set up a few good pass's. Dante Whitner is another ex Bill that has been great. In the secondary for SF. But I cannnot say they did the wrong thing in either situation. We have Jackson and Spiller and we have a good secondary that will be great soon. The 12th man could be the difference in Seattle? One has to wonder what Peyton Manning would do if they do in fact lose? Does he call it a career? And then lets say Brady gets buried in the Super Bowl? Does he hang it up? All four scenario's are possible here. I sure do not want another SF and Denver SB. But it would not be as ugly as what Montana did to them 55-10 as I remember it? Well, time will tell folks.

Congratulations? Condolences are more like it. What would possess Nick Saban to taint his staff with that carpetbagging charlatan? :o Unbelievable. :bagoverhead:

Ok...I think I am ready.

New England

Seattle

I am nervous because those are the same picks as jabe and he's been terrible so far, hehe. No offense, jabe.

Archived