2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I shook the wife out of a dead sleep to see the highlights!!!!!! :hurrah:

I'm sure she appreciated that :D

I'm letting my husband sleep. He has to get up in the middle of the night to catch an early train to NY for the day.

I'm sure she appreciated that :D

I'm letting my husband sleep. He has to get up in the middle of the night to catch an early train to NY for the day.

I am about to email her at work to see how much she appreciated that. She likes Davis alot. Thinks he is hot. I told her he is off the market with a new baby. To the poster below who went to the Jays game, I figured Toronto would be out for blood after being beaten in NY so often. I think they likely win again tonight. And I like my O's to win again because the the game I feared the most in this series was Sale pitching. He is tough. He did his job but I figured like with Tanaka, we hang in we can beat them in the late innings. Our bullpen has been good again. I just wish we had Wieters also. But we must go on without him. I took the King last night Paul. He has an entire section with fans holding up big K signs. Seattle beat the hell out of them. Now the rumour is the great pitcher in Chicago (Cubs) Sam something, cant spell it, is on the market. Why would the Cubs trade him? They are heading in the right direction. The damn Yankees bad better not get him. I am so sick of them buying their way in. I hope the O's buy him and go for it. I think we have enough to contend right now. But he would be some addition. I doubt we do it. We have lock alot of big names in this year.

^^ Jeff Samardzija is the Cubs pitcher you're referring to. Dude has a 2.53 ERA and a 2-6 record to show for it. I might imagine he's a little bit frustrated with the losing & perhaps the Cubs think they can get some value for him in a trade. No doubt, he could help a contender like Baltimore or dare I say, Toronto, in a pennant chase.

^^ Jeff Samardzija is the Cubs pitcher you're referring to. Dude has a 2.53 ERA and a 2-6 record to show for it. I might imagine he's a little bit frustrated with the losing & perhaps the Cubs think they can get some value for him in a trade. No doubt, he could help a contender like Baltimore or dare I say, Toronto, in a pennant chase.

But the Yankees always have the damn money. Baltimore could do it too. I do not know if it would make a huge difference for us. But the Yankees are in bad trouble with their staff. We have Gausman, and why the hell he would be sent back to AAA after going 3-0 with an ERA around 2 is beyond me. But one guy posted on CBS that Norris has a groin strain? Can you confirm this EBK if you happen to read this? If so, Gausman comes right back and amen to that. If we got a guy like Samardzijz we would win this division easily IMO

Another guy who could be trade-bait is David Price, but I don't see Tampa trading him within the division--that is, if they actually decide to move him....

I would not want him. Overated. I think we are regaining the Magic. And Hardy is coming around. I am fearing the Manny Machado outcome of suspension appeal

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I wonder what's taking so long with that Machado appeal? Wasn't he suspended back on the 8th of this month?

Stop it now! Ha. I do not want him out. But if we can survive without him its now. Tampa coming in. Good time to lose him. I think Miguel Gonzalez has earned a place in the dugout after last nights shananagans. I am fed up. Gausman is listed to start the double header tomorrow vs Tampa with Norris pitching the second game. But I wonder if Norris is truly ready? We need to beat the White Sox tonight and I expect they will. Jiminez has been unlucky. But he has not been as bad as his record.

Wow! Tim Lincecum is truly back from the dead...he just threw a no-hitter against the Padres. Congratulations on your boy, redrum! I don't like the Giants but I've always had a soft-spot for Lincecum...maybe it was his long hair.

Still can't get used to seeing him with a mustache.

I was so happy the Giants-Padres game was the free MLB TV game of the day. So much fun to watch that!!

I already know that you do not care for Me because I am a die-hard Saint Louis Cardinals Fan and as such. That does not bother Me in the least. However, I was watching the Cardinals-Rockies game at the same time as the Giants game. If your cable TV is like mine, you must have seen the Cardinals come back from a 5-1 deficient in the 5th inning to Rally back and win this game 9-6.

Never count out the "Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals".

I know you and LZfan77 will not like to hear this, but the St.L Cardinals have a more and better and historic chance than the Baltimore Orioles of making it to the 2014 World Series.

Say what you will and Denigrate, Disparage or Low Ball Me for MY Opinion, but when was the last time the Baltimore Orioles were in the World Series?

My guess is 1983... and that was 31 years ago. 31 years. I was only 12 years old WAY back then.

I am a not going to be very surprised by any negative comments to This post. I know that they are coming My way from you or the rest that want to denigrate the Awesome Saint Louis Cardinals.

As a reminder, Mike Matheny, the Coach of the Cardinals, is in Charge of the National League Roster for this coming ALL-STAR GAME. That, in itself, has ALOT of Clout in the MLB ALL- STAR GAME.

I will concede now that even if the Cardinals do not make it to the World Series this year or the next, They still have been in the World Series 4 times in the past 10 years (winning 2, losing 2) and for that and that alone I am happy to say that I am a Proud, Loyal and Dedicated fan of the SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS AND THEIR WORLD-CLASS ORGANIZATION!!!

Edited by kingzoso

I already know that you do not care for Me because I am a die-hard Saint Louis Cardinals Fan and as such. That does not bother Me in the least. However, I was watching the Cardinals-Rockies game at the same time as the Giants game. If your cable TV is like mine, you must have seen the Cardinals come back from a 5-1 deficient in the 5th inning to Rally back and win this game 9-6.

Never count out the "Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals".

I know you and LZfan77 will not like to hear this, but the St.L Cardinals have a more and better and historic chance than the Baltimore Orioles of making it to the 2014 World Series.

Say what you will and Denigrate, Disparage or Low Ball Me for MY Opinion, but when was the last time the Baltimore Orioles were in the World Series?

My guess is 1983... and that was 31 years ago. 31 years. I was only 12 years old WAY back then.

I am a not going to be very surprised by any negative comments to This post. I know that they are coming My way from you or the rest that want to denigrate the Awesome Saint Louis Cardinals.

As a reminder, Mike Matheny, the Coach of the Cardinals, is in Charge of the National League Roster for this coming ALL-STAR GAME. That, in itself, has ALOT of Clout in the MLB ALL- STAR GAME.

I will concede now that even if the Cardinals do not make it to the World Series this year or the next, They still have been in the World Series 4 times in the past 10 years (winning 2, losing 2) and for that and that alone I am happy to say that I am a Proud, Loyal and Dedicated fan of the SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS AND THEIR WORLD-CLASS ORGANIZATION!!!

You have some agenda here? I mean, the Orioles and Cardinals are as far from being rivals as possible. They do play later in the year, a rare event. They are both right there in their divisions and you have to catch Milwaukee as we have to catch Toronto. Very very do able. We have far more all star votes than your team. More gold glovers and do not have the steroid scandal of Mark McGuire painted all over us. What a joke he turned out to be. Go think about that for a while before you stir the shit kettle again

Last Saturday the Tigers were 1.5 back and a sinking ship. A week later we've got a 4.5 game lead again, after winning 7 in a row....strange year. Streaks don't really matter until September. This J.D. Martinez is carrying our whole team, and Houston looks pretty stupid for giving up on him. He also took Torii Hunter's job, at least temporarily. KC is by far the best of the AL Central competition. I can't really get upset when Omar Infante kicks our butt. Not paying someone once is acceptable, but twice in a career ? I'd want vengeance too. Always liked the guy.

Porcello is coming into his own with 10 wins already, That should get him an All-Star appearance.

Last Saturday the Tigers were 1.5 back and a sinking ship. A week later we've got a 4.5 game lead again, after winning 7 in a row....strange year. Streaks don't really matter until September. This J.D. Martinez is carrying our whole team, and Houston looks pretty stupid for giving up on him. He also took Torii Hunter's job, at least temporarily. KC is by far the best of the AL Central competition. I can't really get upset when Omar Infante kicks our butt. Not paying someone once is acceptable, but twice in a career ? I'd want vengeance too. Always liked the guy.

Porcello is coming into his own with 10 wins already, That should get him an All-Star appearance.

In honesty you guys did catch a Texas team that is a complete mess and yes beat them but you are supposed to beat them. We will see how the Tigers fair against better competition. In the mean time the schedule will never get better for us so we need to make a move. We have Tampa two more games and then Texas comes in . Bad news on Norris. Hits the 15 day DL and was very hot. Now they have a hole there again. I do not know what they do but I am for demoting Gonzalez to the pen and making a move. The dream move would be to lure the pitcher from the Cubs but that is not only going to cost a fortune, it is not on the table with the O's as far as I know? I do not want Price. I think he is too on and off. He is coming off a monster game so someone will bite, maybe the Yankees if Sabathia does not look good? Your Tigers are still one of the teams that will contend but they are no cinch. I know we have a good team but are we deep enough at starting pitching? Tillman has become a standup pitcher. And Chen is good too. Gausman has been good. So now Norris being hurt leaves a hole. I would be for Britton starting a game but then we have to lose him as a closer. Someone will come up. I wish I knew what happened to Bundy. I hope we are going to pull the trigger on a deal and go for it. We need to sign Nelson Cruz for 6 years while we can.

I see the Tigers lost to the Astros last night--and Verlander was pitching that game. But no worries for Detroit, still got a 3.5 game lead in the Central.

The NL Least, as some folks are calling it, should be a dogfight between the Braves and Nats--and head to head, I like the Braves chances.

About a few weeks ago, I would have said there is no way the Giants piss away a 7 or 8 game lead in the division, but now I see it's down to 2 games. Dodger Blue is far from dead....

Edited by paul carruthers

I see the Tigers lost to the Astros last night--and Verlander was pitching that game. But no worries for Detroit, still got a 3.5 game lead in the Central.

The NL Least, as some folks are calling it, should be a dogfight between the Braves and Nats--and head to head, I like the Braves chances.

About a few weeks ago, I would have said there is no way the Giants piss away a 7 or 8 game lead in the division, but now I see it's down to 2 games. Dodger Blue is far from dead....

Yeah Paul because 3.5 game lead is just huge. LOL. Those pesky Astros are a pain in everyone's side. Any night they can jumpp up and beat you. We lost to Tampa yesterday. At least we won the night cap keeping us up on the Yankees and right on Toronto's butt. Today Toronto must face Sale. He is a bitch. Dat skinny motha fucka can pitch. We need to ream Tampa and then Mr Washington and his Rangers. I never thought Texas would fold like this. Big game between those big bad Red Birds and the Dodgers. Greinke and Lynn. My money is on the Dodgers to beat them.