2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Last I looked, the O's were up 7 to 3, but I'm guessing Oakland has Chen on the ropes. King Felix looks sharp tonight and as usual, getting very little in the way of run support...

He has bounced back but the middle relief is in. Thank God. Cruz has done nothing in this series. Brach is in and he has been great. A 4 run lead should be enough to work with.

Love this kid Brach. He is mowing them down. Now just leave him in. At leat until the 9th. 7-4. Would like an insurance run. I see the king is out and its still 1-1 in Anaheim. Seattle has the best bull pen in the league statistically. When we go to Anaheim should be interesting. Just walk Trout.

The Saint Louis Cardinal are now tied with the Milwaukee Brewers for First Place in the National League Central Division. I really Believe that the Cardinals will win the National League Pennant and will return to the World Series again this year. As someone (sarcastically) mentioned, the StL Cardinals are Nuclear and are Very Hard to Stop.

I realize that there is a whole half-season to be played, but MY TEAM, always seems to Excel in the later half of the season and makes Their way into Play-Offs (and usually to the Championship and/or World Series).

If LedZeppelinfan77 reads this (and I know he will), and cares to respond, am I am factually wrong?

Seems like Detroit has the same issues they have every year--the back of the bullpen & more specifically, the closer situation. I don't know if I can trust Joe Nathan in the pressure cooker of trying to close out October games; but we still have long way to go before we get there...

The Saint Louis Cardinal are now tied with the Milwaukee Brewers for First Place in the National League Central Division. I really Believe that the Cardinals will win the National League Pennant and will return to the World Series again this year. As someone (sarcastically) mentioned, the StL Cardinals are Nuclear and are Very Hard to Stop.

I realize that there is a whole half-season to be played, but MY TEAM, always seems to Excel in the later half of the season and makes Their way into Play-Offs (and usually to the Championship and/or World Series).

If LedZeppelinfan77 reads this (and I know he will), and cares to respond, am I am factually wrong?

There is alot of baseball left so how can I say if you are wrong yet? Too soon to tell. I do not think the Cardinals have much to beat in that division even though I took a stab with the Reds and that is to me the team that will give them the biggest fight when all is said and done. But winning the NL pennant is a whole different story. I still like the Dodgers because they have the best pitcher, Kershaw and Puig and enough talent to get there. I think the Nationals have a big shot also. You certainly cannot count Washington out of the conversation. Nor can you count my Orioles out either. Proof enough last two nights. Tillman pitched way better than Chen yet Chen got the offensive support again. And Fresh off the All Star game, Zach had a rare blown save. We had them dead to rights and they got a walk off. Pay back came as I predicted yesterday before the game. Today should be a tough one. Then we get a trip to Anaheim and Seattle. As for your Cards, they are good but not as good as many of their past teams. And I do not think they play half as difficult as schedule as the Orioles do. We have a dog fight on our hands. Not only do we have to go out west and face Oakland and the Angels and Mariners then we must hold off a very hot Tampa team and to me, they scare me far more than the Yankees or Boston or Toronto in the long run.

Ok, I know you're not supposed to talk about this stuff until it actually happens--but since it's my team it's about to happen to, what the hell. The Padres starter--who's name escapes me at the moment--has no-hit the Mets through 6 innings.

And as I'm sure you all know, the Padres have never twirled a no-no in their history, so here's hoping the trend continues today...

:wizard:

Edited by paul carruthers

^^ Yeah, I think the O's were getting no-hit for a few innings in that game. It's going to be a tough road trip, you just got to hope you can break even & come out of it still on top in the East division....

Exactly. It's 10-1 now, so I've switched over.

Great set up in Anaheim. Blind the second baseman with that sun coming right in. Shcoop never saw the ball and Hardy gets the error. BS. Paul, did you stay up to see the Mets? You must have MLB? You cant get the Mets down there. I cant get rid of them or the Yankees up here. Look at the yankees. They have been sucking out every night and now Texas comes in and I figure they cannot lose to Texas and it looks now like they may. 4-2 in the 9th at last check for Texas. The team that has fallen apart big time. Norris looks good so far. Got Trout to ground to 2nd and the error cost us a run. A rare infield error caused by the sun. We have to score now. I far prefer having Joseph in than this Hundley. Of course Matt Wieters could have sealed the deal for us IMO. Now we may have a dog fight on our hands. We do out West for sure.

Not to brag (or maybe just a little), but in yesterdays (7/21/2014) edition of USA TODAY there is a very good article in the Sports section that the writer of said article thinks that the National League Championship Series will come down to the Los Angeles Dodgers versus the Saint Louis Cardinals. A repeat of last years NLCS, in which We all know that the St. Louis Cardinals won.

As many have already said, yes, there is still a lot of Baseball left to play this season. However, I again say that I really do believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be very much in contention for the National League Pennant.

The Cardinals have been in the National League Championship Series for the Past 3 years (2011, 2012, 2013). Winning 2 and losing 1. How many other teams in all of Baseball can make that same Claim? Three years in a row.

Edited to add: Sorry LedZeppfan77 but even your Baltimore Orioles cannot even or have come close to this astonishing feat that the Saint Louis Cardinals have achieved in the last/past 3 years in a row.

Again, if this is a fact, I am wrong?

I must say that the Saint Louis Cardinals as a Team and Organization, will Always be Contenders for the World Championship Every Year. Aside from the New York Yankees, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the second Most World Series Winners. The Saint Louis Cardinals History is almost as Rich and Spectacular as the NY Yankees. Both of Their Histories are second to None (even though the Cardinals are second to NY). Regardless of this fact, I am and will always be a Saint Louis Cardinals Believer and Purist for the rest of MY LIFE (and their is nothing wrong with that).

Edited by kingzoso

Not to brag (or maybe just a little), but in yesterdays (7/21/2014) edition of USA TODAY there is a very good article in the Sports section that the writer of said article thinks that the National League Championship Series will come down to the Los Angeles Dodgers versus the Saint Louis Cardinals. A repeat of last years NLCS, in which We all know that the St. Louis Cardinals won.

As many have already said, yes, there is still a lot of Baseball left to play this season. However, I again say that I really do believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be very much in contention for the National League Pennant.

The Cardinals have been in the National League Championship Series for the Past 3 years (2011, 2012, 2013). Winning 2 and losing 1. How many other teams in all of Baseball can make that same Claim? Three years in a row.

Edited to add: Sorry LedZeppfan77 but even your Baltimore Orioles cannot even or have come close to this astonishing feat that the Saint Louis Cardinals have achieved in the last/past 3 years in a row.

Again, if this is a fact, I am wrong?

I must say that the Saint Louis Cardinals as a Team and Organization, will Always be Contenders for the World Championship Every Year. Aside from the New York Yankees, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the second Most World Series Winners. The Saint Louis Cardinals History is almost as Rich and Spectacular as the NY Yankees. Both of Their Histories are second to None (even though the Cardinals are second to NY). Regardless of this fact, I am and will always be a Saint Louis Cardinals Believer and Purist for the rest of MY LIFE (and their is nothing wrong with that).

All of your propaganda aside, today is a day I will cheer for the Cardinals for sure. And the next two as a very hot Tampa team visits your team. The only team that I really fear when all is said and done in the East. We got a pure gift with the Yankees finding a way to lose to Texas who is horrible now. The Yankees cannot hit. That will spell their doom. And their starting rotation is not that good. Boston is on fire all of a sudden. And Tampa has been so I am hoping your Cards can cool off Tampa. Last night Norris pitched a Gem vs a very good offensive team. Shut down Trout, 0-4 and had alot of big strike outs. We now know we can count on Norris in this rotation. Tonight Gonzalez, and he is walking into a hornets nest for sure. But we have bats too. Adam Jones showed his last night. A split would do the job, and anything above that is a luxury. On a West coast trip vs the 3 best teams in the West. We go from two great offensive teams to the best bullpen in baseball in Seattle. We have faired well their in the past but I took them on the contest for a reason. I figured they would be good and they are. They do not have a ton of offenes, but have pitching finally. Back to your Cardinals, lets try and keep the conversation to this year. The Orioles have not been in the league as long as the Cardinals if you want to go back in time. But who cares. We have had our greats too. And our World Series wins are not tainted with steroid use. And we had a guy named Ripken in case you forget. And Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer and alot more great hall of famers. Its been too long since the Orioles have been this good. And I believe they can beat anyone.

More managers chirping about the strikezone I see, watching the highlights. Meanwhile, the team Rick seems to be worried about, Tampa, has won 6 straight. Still 8 games back of Baltimore, but the Rays could be a dangerous team to play going down the stretch.

And my Mets seem to have caught a break, not having to face the King or Iwakuma in Seattle--but Iwakuma will be waiting for the Orioles Thursday night....

I thought last year was bad, can the Yankees have MORE injuries? Their top three starters out, no offense to speak of and a number of injuries on that side as well. At least they get a look at their minor league players....