2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I realize that, even though you do not know me personally, you seem to despise Me when it comes to this topic (and I am cool with that. I also do not resort to ignorant and lowly name-calling as you and ebk have called me. I mean how stupid and childish is that? Two Baltimore Orioles fans over 60 years of age resorting to calling a fellow Baseball and Led Zeppelin fan ugly, inappropriate and uncalled names. I am 43 years old but obviously way more Mature then both of you, despite your total combined age of 120+years). I know why both of you resort to childish, ignorant, stupid and inappropriate replies is because both of you cannot stand the fact that the Saint Louis Cardinals were (past), are (recently) and will be (future) the Best Team in Baseball.

I know that both of you children are adamant and die-hard Orioles fan (anyone who follows this topic knows that), and yes the Orioles are a dominant team in the American League this year. I am not one to deny facts, whether past or current.

However, to already discount the Saint Louis Cardinals because of your personal animosity toward me is, in My opinion, just foolish and stupid. I will say this once more, if My current history (and absolute fact) of the Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball Organization has not been made aware to you (or you are just to misguided/stupid to realize the truth/fact), the StL. Cardinals have been to the NLCS for the last 3 years in a ROW. The Cardinals were good enough to make it to the World Series 4 times in the last 10 years, winning 2 and losing 2. Even if a team, any team, makes it to the World Series and loses, it is still a Prestigious and Pristine Honor to beat all the other teams in your League.

The last time the Baltimore Orioles were able and capable of that was way back in 1983. Do I actually have to do the math for you? If I do then I would calculate and state, for the Record, that that was 31 years ago. Just a reminder, the Cardinals have been in the World Series 4 times in the past 10 years. Winning 2, losing 2. 4 times in 10 years, in MY opinion that kicks the Fucking Shit out a team that last won the World Series way back in 1983 (when I was just 12 years old).

Even if the Saint Louis Cardinals do not make it to this years Big Show, I will still be an Honest and Loyal FAN because I know that the chances of seeing them win ANOTHER World Series will not take 31 years.

Post. Script: I guess I would be mad, bitter, and envious, etc... of a team that has the second Most World Championship wins and is the better team past and present. However, I would never lower and reduce Myself to being so mad, bitter and envious, etc... to call the other fan lowly names just to justify myself. Think about that.

Remember, a "No Comment is More Incriminating than a Comment".

Long Live the Saint Louis Cardinals.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I still have the vulgar pms and e-mails from you and your cronies. Perhaps you'd like me to share them with the forum and the mods?

ebk has more class in her spit than you'll ever have in your entire life. It's obvious you're trying to egg Rick on to get him riled up in the hope that he says something in anger that gets him banned.

In other words, you're not really engaged in a discussion about baseball, you're simply trolling.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I still have the vulgar pms and e-mails from you and your cronies. Perhaps you'd like me to share them with the forum and the mods?

ebk has more class in her spit than you'll ever have in your entire life. It's obvious you're trying to egg Rick on to get him riled up in the hope that he says something in anger that gets him banned.

In other words, you're not really engaged in a discussion about baseball, you're simply trolling.

:bravo:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

All that little trouble maker does is post and run. He will come back with some more BS tomorrow morning. I think he gets up, has his coffee or God knows what else, and then posts his nonsense. I am really staring to hate the Cardinals

All that little trouble maker does is post and run. He will come back with some more BS tomorrow morning. I think he gets up, has his coffee or God knows what else, and then posts his nonsense. I am really staring to hate the Cardinals

He always posts in the middle of the night because trolls turn to stone in the daylight.

I know this news is a few days old, but the Adam Dunn Oakland deal is interesting. Dude can hit 500 foot bombs, but he also strikes out over 200 times. And after all their dealing, I have to wonder if the A's will be "one and done" in the postseason, again...

If they get Seattle in the one off I say YES. But it could be KC or Detroit? Who knows. Big series coming up. One is Detroit vs SF.

Orioles 4 Reds 0 bottom of first. With Hardy and Pearce sitting. De Aves from White Sox made his debut. Dang, no wonder St Louis has as many wins as they do getting to feast on this bunch of Redlegs. God awful bunch King Card

Thar she goes!!!! 5-0 in the 2nd. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Thank you Strider and Walter.

Dont worrry about him Esther I will deal with him. Yo Strider, Angels getting pounded by Houston. You called it. We are going to catch you guys. But them again, I wonder if we really want to? I do not know how this format will work. I would rather play Oakland than Detroit in the first round. I would only fear Seattle in a one off. Yankees lose again. Division title here we come. Just imagine how good the O's will be with Wieters and Machado back. And when they get another top notch pitcher to start with Tillman and Norris and Chen. Scary good. They are deep as hell now. They are resting Hardy and Pearce is out but I think about ready. Back to Detroit, they play SF and KC next.. Huge series for them. Could determine their fate? Here comes this De Aza again. Not sure what to make of this guy yet? His numbers are not bad with the White Sox Oh my God the dumb arse tried to steal third. And he is out.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Yes, please be My guest and share them with the forum and the Mods. I would like to see and read what vulgar pm's and e-mails I have sent you in the past. Please refresh My memory of what I sent you. You definitely raised My interest (and that of others who want this to be true). Start with My first vulgar pm to you and what that date was and then I might want to recall the rest of the things I never said to you. I would like a date, time and content for all these vulgar pms and e-mails that I NEVER sent you. How many did Me and My cronies send you? Please be specific.

You are COMPLETELY LYING. I have NEVER sent you vulgar pms and emails because:

1). I have only pm'd 2 two people on this forum. A friend of mine from Saint Louis and another person I met at the 2000 Led Zeppelin convention in Cleveland, Ohio. I HAVE NEVER PM'D YOU ANY VULGAR MESSAGES, EVER.

2). I have never e-mailed you because I do not have your e-mail address and I have NO reason to ever e-mail you about anything. I don't even like you so why would I have reason to e-mail you. As for my cronies, who or what "cronies" are you referring too? I want specific name or aliases of these supposed cronies of Mine. The more you can name and state the stronger your case could be. Please names or forum names. If they are actually real, then My cronies would have to be listed in the official index. Who are they?

What you posted is slanderous and Slander is a very serious offense, whether in a Led Zeppelin forum and especially in a Real World situation.

And I consider this Both. If you have the proof and the gall to say what you say, then you have the burden of proof to back up what you say with actual proof and/or evidence. I would like to see or read your evidence. That is, words or anything that you can tie me to your Bullshit allegations.

Either you prove to Me what you posted about vulgar pm's and e-mails I personally sent to you or I expect a public apology because what you posted is factually not true and I do not see your point in trying to slander and defame My name (besides trying to make Me look bad by yours and your words alone). I demand Truth and Proof of your "alleged" evidence about My (non-existent) vulgar pm's and e-mails that I sent you. When were these "supposed" pm's and e-mails sent, what was the content of them and who or which of My cronies also sent you such?

As for Me trying to bait LedZeppfan77 into saying something to try and get him banned is another of your deliberately misdirected (or possibly calculated) inferences. I do not and have never wanted to get someone "banned" just because I do not agree with them or they do not agree with me. He knows that I Love My Cardinals and I know the He Loves his Orioles. This is America. We can Like, Love or Hate whoever or whatever We choose, and I do not Hate anyone. I don't even Hate you, strider, but I do not like you either. You are the true and real instigator by posting what you posted and knowing that it is completely not true. If, as you say, that I am simply trolling, then YOU ARE PURELY LYING!!!

If you do not, can not or will not prove the slanderous post that you made against Me, then I might be the one to share this with the Mods. That is how much I know that you are LYING. How about that? Lastly, why would you make up something like that when you and I know that what you are alleging is completely NOT TRUE? Believe Me, I am not weak or easily manipulated intimidated by false threats, especially threats that are complete falsehoods.

Back to the main topic at hand: My Cardinals are now 2 games ahead of Milwaukee. The Cardinals and the Pirates play an early afternoon game later today.

Edited by kingzoso

Brewers are folding up--no surprise there. Cards up 2 in the Central, again no shock there. You can't kill em....

Orioles lead in the East has swelled to 9.5 games, so Rick go ahead & pop that champagne. I think this race is all over but the singing... :toast:

I agree. I have to make sure Strider sees the above post so I will pm him. anyway, yes the East is Baltimore's FINALLY. I can see Buck resting guys like he has been. I sure know we need Hardy and Pearce come playoffs. We lost Machado and Wieters and still have a great chance. Who saw that coming. Is our starting pitching good enough? it is much better than when the season started but its not a four deep solid rotation. But the bullpen is so good it can compensate. Tommy Hunter is one guy that has disappointed me. He has been less than stellar and may be the weak link in a strong bullpen. Buck has to be very carefull putting Hunter out there. Last night it was 5-0 and they let those rat turds score 4 runs in the 8th. I had them minus a run. Sucks. Thanks Hunter. I am wondering who will come out of that KC/Detroit battle and if Seattle is going to make it? I hope Seattle does and KC does. Oakland no longer has an insurmountable lead in the wild card and they have lost the division to the Angels in my book. I saw that coming. CBS sportsline held no punches. They posted a front page "Yankees are done" last night. Ha. Music to my ears. Die Yankees!!!! We actually play them 8 times. Very strange. we are 7-3 vs them head up. This kid at 3rd base for the O's that they called up from Norfolk has been impressive. The outfielder from the White Sox has speed and could be used in running situations in the playoffs. I cannot see him cracking the lineup if Pearce is a go. Hardy is to play tonight supposedly. But you can never trust who he will put in these days and that is not good if you like to wager on baseball. Stop screwing around and put the big boys in. Dempsey was saying he would rather have his main guys out there just before the playoffs to keep them in sharp. Rest them early if you must, and that appears to be the plan. Those trades to me are very strange. The one for Kelly Johnson especially. Maybe they are going to give him a shot tonight? Either way they should hammer the Reds. Oakland is sending Lester vs the King this afternoon. Huge games for Seattle. The Giants are making a late run but they will not be playing Colorado forever. I just hope the Mets are not next on their schedule. Back to your battle stations.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/powerrankings

Power Rankings. O's at number two according to this guy. Angels number one Strider and attention King Cardiac: The St Louis baseball Cardinals are at number 6!!!! Notta bad,. Notta bad. Even with that dirty SOB Lance Lynn throwing pitches that could cut hair better than a barber. But I will say they played some very good defense lasta nighta.

I see the King was a winner today. I'm looking at the King's stats and the stats for Scherzer. Max has one more win, but Felix has the edge in ERA, although to my surprise, Scherzer has more strikeouts than Felix. Should be an interesting race between those 2 for AL Cy Young....

Whoa there Paul. Just a minute now. what makes you think its only a two man race? I mean, are there not a few others that could sneak in?