2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia

LedZeppfan77

US vs. Canada and Sweden vs. Finland in the semis! Can't wait for Friday! Let's go!

American women did fairly well in the Ladies short program. All three made it to the Feee Skate tomorrow, and two, Ashley Wagner from Virginia and Gracie Gold from Massachusetts, made the last group. Poor Jenna McCorkle from Great Britain just missed the cut by one. I thought she got robbed...her program was cleaner than some who finished above her even though they fell and Jenna didn't.

But it's going to be tough to beat the top three from Korea, Russia, and Italy...they were pretty damn good. Especially Yuna Kim.

I had to laugh when the BBC presenter Clare Balding was reviewing the Russia v Finland ice hockey match which they lost. Balding reported that the one thing Prez Putin wanted more than anything else was a gold medal for Russia in the ice hockey. That led me to think that in different times the teams failure to do so would have had them all sent off to to the front line.

Upset in Ladies Figure Skating! The other Russian girl...the one not named Yulia...takes gold over South Korea's Kim Yuna, with a little help from some home cooking. Kim gets silver, and the elegant Carolina Kostner takes bronze for Italy's first medal in figure skating!

The US was shut out as Polina, Gracie, and Ashley couldn't skate clean programs under the pressure.

US women up 2-0 over Canada with a few minutes to go!

Nice choke by the US. Canada takes gold in sudden-death overtime. Congratulations Canada.

The American team didn’t choke, they simply lost to a better team. In the last 15 minutes of the 3rd, Canada stepped it up a notch and carried that forward into overtime. The Americans should be proud, they played a good game and won a silver.

The American team didnt choke, they simply lost to a better team. In the last 15 minutes of the 3rd, Canada stepped it up a notch and carried that forward into overtime. The Americans should be proud, they played a good game and won a silver.

Sure the Canadians stepped it up a notch, but the fact remains that the US was mere minute away from victory when the US goalie failed miserably on a clear attempt and basically assisted on Canada's tying goal.

Quick is in goal for the men today when the US takes on Canada for a little revenge in a few hours. Wonder what the crowd will be like now that Russia has been eliminated. Probably pro-Canada.

Putin hates Canadians, he had made that clear in past Olympics, and attempted to push Canada around vis a vie Arctic air patrol. For that reason, I believe they will cheer on the Americans, the Russians have a long history of playing against Canadian hockey teams, the rivalry is very tough between them.

1-0 Canada after two periods. US offense is struggling and they have twenty minutes to figure it out or it's goodbye gold...and silver.

Oh, and before I forget, congratulations to the Canadian women curling team for winning gold...and the Brits took bronze. Nice day's work for the old British Empire.

US loses 1-0. Will play Finland for the Bronze, while Canada and Sweden face off for the Gold and Silver. Good game Canada...they didn't let the US do anything with the puck. Canada had complete control of this game.

That blows! Congrats to Canada, go get that gold!

Thanks for the updates, Strider! :)

I am cheering for Sweden. They have a good rep of NHL guys I like. Go Sweden. And in case you did not know, the next games, winter, will be in S korea. To me a very unlikely place to have them.

I am cheering for Sweden. They have a good rep of NHL guys I like. Go Sweden. And in case you did not know, the next games, winter, will be in S korea. To me a very unlikely place to have them.

When is the gold medal game on ? The bronze just started.

Why? Seoul did okay with the Summer Olympics in 1988 and it gets freezing cold in South Korea Rick, so having the Winter Olympics there should be no problem. Unless you mean politically, and are worried about North Korea doing some sabre-rattling monkey business to disrupt the Games?

Hmmm, Sochi, Korea...maybe the IOC can use Syria next?

When is the gold medal game on ? The bronze just started.

Gold medal game is Sunday. As they say, check your local listings for time, depending on your time zone.

That's it.....USA is not putting 3 past Rask........Quick might have yesterday on his mind, it's time to put Miller in.

Why was Quick even starting? Miller should have started after using Quick yesterday. I thought they would alternate goalies during the Olympics but it seems Quick had to play most of the minutes, which is not what I expected or wanted. At leas he got through the two weeks without reinjuring himself...I hope.

GO SWEDEN!!!!

Archived