2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia

LedZeppfan77

US kicked some ass today. 7-1 over Slovakia. Russia up next for the U.S. on Saturday, I think. Who will be in goal for the US...Quick or Miller?

Now it's time for Figure Skating and my favourite event: What Will Johnny Weir Wear?

I think the score would have been the same today with Quick or Miller. Lets face it, they totally outclassed that team. Me and you could have been in goal and won. For Gods sake they had no pressure on the US net at all. But rest assured Saturday they will be coming in hoards. Russia will be a far stiffer challenge

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/russian-figure-skater-evgeni-plushenko-withdraws-competition-injury/story?id=22497432

That's a bummer. One of the few dudes I can watch skate a whole program. Most of the others appear to have checked their nuts at the door.

Plushenko's skating is not a personal favorite, but he is a skating icon.

USA's Jason Brown will skate in the final group - never thought he's be up that high. Hope Hanyu can keep his endurance up for the long program.

But rest assured Saturday they will be coming in hoards. Russia will be a far stiffer challenge

Really looking forward to Saturday's hockey game, going to be very loud in the arena!

Plushenko's skating is not a personal favorite, but he is a skating icon.

USA's Jason Brown will skate in the final group - never thought he's be up that high. Hope Hanyu can keep his endurance up for the long program.

Really looking forward to Saturday's hockey game, going to be very loud in the arena!

I am hoping they go with Miller but I doubt it

US kicked some ass today. 7-1 over Slovakia. Russia up next for the U.S. on Saturday, I think. Who will be in goal for the US...Quick or Miller?

Now it's time for Figure Skating and my favourite event: What Will Johnny Weir Wear?

I just got home and am watching the game now on the DVR......USA!

I just got home and am watching the game now on the DVR......USA!

I am really surprised the US is a one goal underdog in this game. Regardless of who goes Strider, it will not be the walk in the park that today was. We will see over 30 shots for sure. Hey Zepcoda, your boy Lundquist must be starting right? Are you going with the Swede's? They have the best defensive lineup for sure.

I am in on a little fantasy game and I have Backes, Kesler, who both scored today and Bergland. I took the Russian goalie Verlamov. Too much controversy in US and Canada to pick a goalie

Sticking my neck out for a underdog play tomorrow. Latvia

I am really surprised the US is a one goal underdog in this game. Regardless of who goes Strider, it will not be the walk in the park that today was. We will see over 30 shots for sure. Hey Zepcoda, your boy Lundquist must be starting right? Are you going with the Swede's? They have the best defensive lineup for sure.

I am in on a little fantasy game and I have Backes, Kesler, who both scored today and Bergland. I took the Russian goalie Verlamov. Too much controversy in US and Canada to pick a goalie

Sticking my neck out for a underdog play tomorrow. Latvia

Yeah , Hank is starting in net. He's already got his gold, I'd like to see him do well, Bronze maybe if that's possible to do with our neighbors to the great white north taking the Silver while we win the Gold.

Yeah , Hank is starting in net. He's already got his gold, I'd like to see him do well, Bronze maybe if that's possible to do with our neighbors to the great white north taking the Silver while we win the Gold.

I think its dead wrong for Bylsma or whatever his name is to put Quick in over Miller. He had better hope it does not come back to bite him. Miller knows Ovetchkin far better and has played against him far more times. Ovetchkin will go upstairs and quick is supposedly very good downstairs. I hope the US wins, but they may have to score 6 on Verlamov to do so

I think its dead wrong for Bylsma or whatever his name is to put Quick in over Miller. He had better hope it does not come back to bite him. Miller knows Ovetchkin far better and has played against him far more times. Ovetchkin will go upstairs and quick is supposedly very good downstairs. I hope the US wins, but they may have to score 6 on Verlamov to do so

4:30 am start time...oy vey, no sleep again for me tonight.

4:30 am start time...oy vey, no sleep again for me tonight.

I got up in time to watch the Slovakia vs Slovenia game......3.5 hours to go until Russia vs USA! ......I like Miller over Quick in this match up, but I do understand the decision to start Quick.

That's always going to be the case with the Winter Olympics, where you have heavy participation from the Nordic countries...Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc. Blondes as far as the eye can see.

Won't be getting much sleep tonight. USA vs. Slovakia in men's hockey at 4:30am PST...and Jonathan Quick is in goal for the US. Quick better be ready or Rick will never let me hear the end of it.

Um, Strider darling, is that racial profiling? Just checking. (Relax, you know Im only joking around right. <3)

Ah an equaliser. Still I'm not sure what's going on, just don't get ice hockey. Maybe I should try and watch a game or two more, but then there is very little TV coverage her in the UK.

Ah an equaliser. Still I'm not sure what's going on, just don't get ice hockey. Maybe I should try and watch a game or two more, but then there is very little TV coverage her in the UK.

It's soccer on ice with sticks and less players...and less flopping.

Archived