Your Cell Phone

kingzoso

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Yeah and now 5G is here to make it worse, people will have their faces glued to those tiny screens even worse. Such rude devices. Nowadays when I go to a grocery store or anywhere else and someone is on their cellphone they actually take up TWICE as much space, so if I have to walk around someone I don't just have to walk around them, I have to walk around them AND their cellphone. It pisses me off every time. End of rant.

We've come a long way from the days when the only people who had mobile phones were poser businessmen and drug dealers.

I'm always bringing up the rear when to comes to technology. I cancelled my Comcast TV but kept the internet after they wanted to up my bill by $55 a month. I also had an old land line phone with an answering machine.They talked me into a new I-Phone 2020 for $17 a month and unlimited calling. The hell of it is that Apple doesn't even supply a charger with the phone. Jesus H. Christ. How cheap and greedy can you be? The phone was $400. So, once I get 'charged up' I then have to have them walk me through getting the damned thing going as I don't know shit about these phones and have never had an Apple product.

5 hours ago, redrum said:

I'm always bringing up the rear when to comes to technology. I cancelled my Comcast TV but kept the internet after they wanted to up my bill by $55 a month. I also had an old land line phone with an answering machine.They talked me into a new I-Phone 2020 for $17 a month and unlimited calling. The hell of it is that Apple doesn't even supply a charger with the phone. Jesus H. Christ. How cheap and greedy can you be? The phone was $400. So, once I get 'charged up' I then have to have them walk me through getting the damned thing going as I don't know shit about these phones and have never had an Apple product.

Sorry but I prefer the Apple phone to any.  I have had an I phone and I have no problem with it other than the scam artists that harass me. But that comes with any phone. Verizon is more greedy than Apple IMO.  Apple care is worth the money if you buy a new computer and need the support. They helped me alot.  I am thinking of getting an I-12.  The latest from Apple unless the 13 has come out while I was a sleep?  My I-7 that is paid for still works. I put a new battery in it.  I would have to add $5 a month to the contract that is now about as good as if I went and bought that Walmart phone, that you have the headache of adding minutes to every month.  Smart Talk? I think that is it?  That would be my second choice. I am soooo fed up with Spectrum.  The bastards have a monopoly on the wi fi industry up here. Green Light is taking forever to come out here. If you live in the city you can get it.  Someday they will likely make it here and so will sports gambling.  When I have a walker and cane and a visiting nurse and cant type my own name any longer or remember what I did 5 minutes ago. Covid does not help with any of these causes.  

It's all a bunch of bullshit. They sell these phones for $400-$1,200 dollars you should get everything for that insane cost PLUS free coverage and insurance. Their cost to produce these in Chinese slave labor facilities is maybe $70 a phone and they mark them up to such an extent and then have the nerve to tell you a charger is not included? Same with Apple Care. You drop 2k on a laptop and then make you pay for coverage? If your product is supposedly so good why are you charging for Apple Care? What a scam.

I hate cell phones, hands down one of the worse inventions ever. Now we are expected to be 24/7 employees while getting paid for 8 hours. Then when you call or text someone and they don't pick up or reply you know outright they are intentionally ignoring you as those phones are virtually surgically attached to most peoples hands these days. At least with land lines you could lie to yourself and assume the person was out.

Forget em! Once I retire I will toss my i-Shitphone in the trash and buy one of those cheap-ass talk & text flip phones. Good enough for Pookie, good enough for me 😉 

Edited by BobDobbs

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Does anybody hate it when your Cell phone gets a stretch on the screen?  

I don't have too many scratches considering My phone is over a year and a half years old.

It does make Me want to get a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10.

Regardless of the  $1000 Price.

I manage to keep all of my mobile phones scratch free (current one a little over two years old). My phone when I am out and about goes in my left hand trouser pocket all on it's lonesome, no keys, no coins, nothing, just my phone.

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Does anybody hate it when your Cell phone gets a stretch on the screen?  

I don't have too many scratches considering My phone is over a year and a half years old.

It does make Me want to get a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10.

Regardless of the  $1000 Price.

I have an I phone.  I like apple products.  The new I-12 is out and I still have my I-7.  Is been paid for but of course I would like the upgrade, Verizon who is my provider is offering it for an extra $5 a month so I may bite  soon. Scratch's?  Just buy the damn cover.   I have the protective screen cover as I am sure you do?  It seems most either have the I phone or the Galaxy.  I love Samsung TV's.  But their computers are not so good. Ill stick with Apple. Ill never go back to windows after having my macbook pro laptop.  Dont have the problems that come with windows. 

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have an I phone.  I like apple products.  The new I-12 is out and I still have my I-7.  Is been paid for but of course I would like the upgrade, Verizon who is my provider is offering it for an extra $5 a month so I may bite  soon. Scratch's?  Just buy the damn cover.   I have the protective screen cover as I am sure you do?  It seems most either have the I phone or the Galaxy.  I love Samsung TV's.  But their computers are not so good. Ill stick with Apple. Ill never go back to windows after having my macbook pro laptop.  Dont have the problems that come with windows. 

I used to be a Mac guy with computers but switched back to PC due to Mac batteries crapping out after two years. Plus, Mac computer batteries can also start fire once they start to go. Of course replacement batteries cost as much as a cheap PC. So after the last Mac battery went bad I had enough. Found a slightly used, reconditioned HP laptop and have not had a single issue.

Then again, maybe Mac products just don't like me and decide hari kari is a preferred fate?

14 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I used to be a Mac guy with computers but switched back to PC due to Mac batteries crapping out after two years. Plus, Mac computer batteries can also start fire once they start to go. Of course replacement batteries cost as much as a cheap PC. So after the last Mac battery went bad I had enough. Found a slightly used, reconditioned HP laptop and have not had a single issue.

Then again, maybe Mac products just don't like me and decide hari kari is a preferred fate?

Well you mean the cell phone battery, about $50.  The laptop puts any HP to shame.  I mean the Macbook pro by Apple.  Ill NEVER GO BACK.  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well you mean the cell phone battery, about $50.  The laptop puts any HP to shame.  I mean the Macbook pro by Apple.  Ill NEVER GO BACK.  

Never had a problem with Apple's cell phone batteries, only the Macbook batteries seem to go after about two years. Plus, those Macbook Pro's cost Apple about $125 to make and import...marking up to $1,800 - $2,500 is highway robbery. Who knows, maybe I bought the Macbooks that were made on a Monday 😉 

That refurbished HP laptop I bought cost me $300 delivered. 

38 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Never had a problem with Apple's cell phone batteries, only the Macbook batteries seem to go after about two years. Plus, those Macbook Pro's cost Apple about $125 to make and import...marking up to $1,800 - $2,500 is highway robbery. Who knows, maybe I bought the Macbooks that were made on a Monday 😉 

That refurbished HP laptop I bought cost me $300 delivered. 

Thing is I’m not bombed with virus’s like with HP.  Of course they are killing us on the mark up.  But what do you think Bill Gates did?  Gave us a free ride? He shut down all flights near that Island in Hawaii for his damn wedding!  😆 

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thing is I’m not bombed with virus’s like with HP.  Of course they are killing us on the mark up.  But what do you think Bill Gates did?  Gave us a free ride? He shut down all flights near that Island in Hawaii for his damn wedding!  😆 

Yep, Gates is another thieving little magpie who made his loot off the sweat of others. I am still pissed off that jackass killed WordStar as a 1989 version of WordStar is still 1000x better than the latest version of MS Word.

19 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Yep, Gates is another thieving little magpie who made his loot off the sweat of others. I am still pissed off that jackass killed WordStar as a 1989 version of WordStar is still 1000x better than the latest version of MS Word.

I wonder what the latest version of Microsoft Office costs  and what year it came out?  I am sure its off the charts expensive.  I know before you could pretty much share it with maybe one or two other users?  Not sure?  The next thing I need to buy is a new printer.  My 3 in one HP crapped out.   I got rid of it as the printer unit died.  The ink cartridges were very expensive. Back to Gates, I wonder if he stil has his house on the Puget sound in Seattle?  A bit surprising that he chose that area to live

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I wonder what the latest version of Microsoft Office costs  and what year it came out?  I am sure its off the charts expensive.  I know before you could pretty much share it with maybe one or two other users?  Not sure?  The next thing I need to buy is a new printer.  My 3 in one HP crapped out.   I got rid of it as the printer unit died.  The ink cartridges were very expensive. Back to Gates, I wonder if he stil has his house on the Puget sound in Seattle?  A bit surprising that he chose that area to live

Oh, MS Office has turned into quite a scam. You can either buy it outright for $150 for the welfare version, or pony up $60 - $100 a year for a "subscription." BTW, trying to find the purchase version in a store is near impossible, subscription only. On-line you can still find the purchase version but you have to look for it because the place the subscription version front and center.

My printer crapped out as well and I bought an Epson 3 in one for $100 out the door, shipping included. Works great, no issue with having to reset the bluetooth like with my prior printer...always works.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:09 AM, BobDobbs said:

Oh, MS Office has turned into quite a scam. You can either buy it outright for $150 for the welfare version, or pony up $60 - $100 a year for a "subscription." BTW, trying to find the purchase version in a store is near impossible, subscription only. On-line you can still find the purchase version but you have to look for it because the place the subscription version front and center.

My printer crapped out as well and I bought an Epson 3 in one for $100 out the door, shipping included. Works great, no issue with having to reset the bluetooth like with my prior printer...always works.

I had the HP 3 in 1 that I got at Office Max or Office Depot years ago.  It crapped out. Trashed.  Need new.  Not sure what or when I will buy next.  If I survive the Coronavirus my wife wont have to deal with the wallet full of credit cards I juggle.  LOL.  I could go swiper my way around the planet if I wanted but you have to give the money back.  Too bad.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, redrum said:

Finally getting this phone working. Had to jump through some Apple hoops to make it work. First Apple product I've owned.

iPhone SE: A powerful new smartphone in a popular design - Apple

Is it the I-12?  Let me know how it works out?  I still have the I-7.  I use a Macbook Pro laptop which I love.  I'll never go back to stinking HP or any of that garbage. My I-7 is out dated.  I put a new battery in it for $50.  I have to reboot it sometimes which is good to do anyway especially if you are changing areas.  I am tempted to upgrade to the I-12, the newest version of Apple  cell phones. $5 a month on both of our phones. Right now the Verizon plan i have is good. I mean about $80 a month for two smart phones.  T Mobile I had years ago, never again. Their service is pure shit. Maybe they have improved but I do not wish to find out They have a good offer on an I phone if you jump in on their contract. But not I.  Ill stick with Verizon.  And I do not want to go to Walmart for that smart talk where I have to re up every month.  I have unlimited right now with Verizon.  Gone are the days of putting a dime in a phone booth like in the 70s,  But now you can take pictures, look up any info you are looking for, even go to Google Earth and do things they could only dream of 100 years ago.  Good luck with your phone. 

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Is it the I-12?  Let me know how it works out?  I still have the I-7.  I use a Macbook Pro laptop which I love.  I'll never go back to stinking HP or any of that garbage. My I-7 is out dated.  I put a new battery in it for $50.  I have to reboot it sometimes which is good to do anyway especially if you are changing areas.  I am tempted to upgrade to the I-12, the newest version of Apple  cell phones. $5 a month on both of our phones. Right now the Verizon plan i have is good. I mean about $80 a month for two smart phones.  T Mobile I had years ago, never again. Their service is pure shit. Maybe they have improved but I do not wish to find out They have a good offer on an I phone if you jump in on their contract. But not I.  Ill stick with Verizon.  And I do not want to go to Walmart for that smart talk where I have to re up every month.  I have unlimited right now with Verizon.  Gone are the days of putting a dime in a phone booth like in the 70s,  But now you can take pictures, look up any info you are looking for, even go to Google Earth and do things they could only dream of 100 years ago.  Good luck with your phone. 

It's not a 12. SE2020 ($400). Got it through Comcast at $17 a month. Now I can't get my pics from the phone to the PC. Buncha horse shit with competing technologies. Can't afford a MAC.

16 hours ago, redrum said:

It's not a 12. SE2020 ($400). Got it through Comcast at $17 a month. Now I can't get my pics from the phone to the PC. Buncha horse shit with competing technologies. Can't afford a MAC.

No.   You cant afford to keep wasting your money on the other trash that eventually crash and burn.  I am mulling this damn I-12 for $5 a month.  Gee. Whats $5 a month?  Times all of the other damn offers that are tough to turn down.  LOL.  I highly recommend the MacBook Pro.  You do not need any more than the smaller one. I think its a 13"?  Not sure.  Not the real big one.  But its about $2,600 if no sales.  But you might get lucky after Xmas?  

• 2 weeks later...

Put the battery in my 20 year Motorolla flip phone and turned it on the other day because I had a grocery delivery coming to the house and wanted it on in case the delivery person need directions . There were 127 messages when I turned it on, mostly just notification updates from various sources.  Pain in the ass listening to the phone beep and beep for 10 minutes, and if you try to make a call the beeps keep coming.

I hate cell phones.

I saw on the news today where the Governor of our state was saying there is some AP you can put on your cellphone which helps track covid people, especially people you have come into contact with. I guess it knows the location of where people are, and then tracks them and their health data.

Yeah sure, like I want the government tracking me and tracking who I am around.  This is very nefarious shit.  No reason to own a phone like that.

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Put the battery in my 20 year Motorolla flip phone and turned it on the other day because I had a grocery delivery coming to the house and wanted it on in case the delivery person need directions . There were 127 messages when I turned it on, mostly just notification updates from various sources.  Pain in the ass listening to the phone beep and beep for 10 minutes, and if you try to make a call the beeps keep coming.

I hate cell phones.

I saw on the news today where the Governor of our state was saying there is some AP you can put on your cellphone which helps track covid people, especially people you have come into contact with. I guess it knows the location of where people are, and then tracks them and their health data.

Yeah sure, like I want the government tracking me and tracking who I am around.  This is very nefarious shit.  No reason to own a phone like that.

1984 .  The book.  

I should take back the part in my last post about Apple.  They NEVER have anything on sale. 

• 4 months later...

I hate cell phones. Just got a new smart phone and have spent the last hour trying to reply to a text but it's too complicated so I gave up. Give me a hammer to smash this thing, piece of shit...

43 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I hate cell phones. Just got a new smart phone and have spent the last hour trying to reply to a text but it's too complicated so I gave up. Give me a hammer to smash this thing, piece of shit...

What type of phone was it?