Robert's high voice

joeboy

My theory is the tight pants helped him hit the high notes from 1968 to 1972. Constant pressure in the lower regions helps in this regard. Starting in Japan 1972 this trick didn't work as well and Robert had to throw everything at the problem. Vocal cord nodules began to appear in early 1973 due to the abuse of screaming during concerts. These nodule obstructions cause hoaresness and problems in vocal range.

My theory is the tight pants helped him hit the high notes from 1968 to 1972. Constant pressure in the lower regions helps in this regard. Starting in Japan 1972 this trick didn't work as well and Robert had to throw everything at the problem. Vocal cord nodules began to appear in early 1973 due to the abuse of screaming during concerts. These nodule obstructions cause hoaresness and problems in vocal range.

Excuse me but WTF are you talking about? :blink:

Seems legit.

Funny coincidence you mention Japan '72 as I'm listening to Thank You live at Nagoya 10/5/72 ;) even though the sound quality isn't great his voice sounds flawless here, not as high as before (as you said) but more perfect IMO. But no idea if caused from tight pants, I think that's just in cartoons when someone puts on tight clothes and talk all squeaky haha :)

I don't wanna be disrespectful or anything but come on..... tight pants??? No, I don't think that's the real reason for his voice back in the 70's. I think it's just practice and a natural talent. Or, as someone has said before, if I wore tight pants I could sing like him? Really? That's cheap, I mean a pair of tight jeans is how much? maybe a few dollars? If they'd make me sing like Robert, I'd like to buy the whole store:))) Unfortunately, the "recipe" for that kind of singing is not at all that easy to get... otherwise we would all be Plant(s):))

I was at a baseball game when I was young and my pelvic region unfortunately simulated a catchers mitt. I was in a daze but once I recovered my voice sounded like my fair lady. Everyone was laughing but my theory about pressure on this tender region was proven. All I needed to do was develope my songwriting skills and Bob was my uncle.

I was at a baseball game when I was young and my pelvic region unfortunately simulated a catchers mitt. I was in a daze but once I recovered my voice sounded like my fair lady. Everyone was laughing but my theory about pressure on this tender region was proven. All I needed to do was develope my songwriting skills and Bob was my uncle.

Go away!

Archived