California Breed

I could hear Glenn last april at the Royal Albert Hall performing in the wonderful gig "Celebrating Jon Lord".

He was absolutely stunning. So I think that he is in great shape and his voice is at the top.

Jason and Andrew are really great too. In my opinion Cali Breed songs are really top songs.

Infact it is now at the 1# place in UK rock hit list.

On rockline Jason said the band would start a tour in September. Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing some youtube vids from their first concert tonight at the Whisky A Go Go. I was the second caller on rockline at the beginning of Clip 3 on rockline replay. http://rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php They were very nice.

Kind of wish the other thread could be combined with this one.

There seem to be two California Breed threads. I just got back from their concert at the Gramercy Theater, conveniently located 3 blocks from my apartment! Thanks for making it easy for me guys! ;) It was great! Jason was awesome! Andrew Watt is adorable. I am so sorry I don't have a smartphone and was unable to take pics/video, but many people were and I'm sure they will be on Youtube shortly. The shame is I was upfront and I would have gotten some great shots. I will buy a smartphone asap (Iphone or Android?) Jason made some remarks about how it would have been his father's 65th birthday. The band seems to have good chemistry.

There seem to be two California Breed threads. I just got back from their concert at the Gramercy Theater, conveniently located 3 blocks from my apartment! Thanks for making it easy for me guys! ;) It was great! Jason was awesome! Andrew Watt is adorable. I am so sorry I don't have a smartphone and was unable to take pics/video, but many people were and I'm sure they will be on Youtube shortly. The shame is I was upfront and I would have gotten some great shots. I will buy a smartphone asap (Iphone or Android?) Jason made some remarks about how it would have been his father's 65th birthday. The band seems to have good chemistry.

:yourock:

Wanted to add to my previous note about the NYC concert: During the break when Jason was speaking about how it would have been his father's 65th birthday, he also mentioned other drummers who had influenced him, such as Bill Ward. Thought that was interesting.

I did something I have not done since the release of Def Leppard's Sparkle Lounge album, I actually called Q104 in Halifax and requested they play California Breed. These guys are a lot of fun to listen to, I hope they stick together and I hope the guitar player keeps it together because this band has a lot to contribute in music and I believe they might push music to the next horizon.

• 1 month later...

California Breed members Glenn Hughes and Andrew Watt have chosen Joey Castillo (Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal) to play drums for the band for all upcoming dates when it became clear that Jason Bonham's professional commitments would prevent him from being able to tour with the group.

California Breed will support Alter Bridge in the U.S. before heading to Europe and will close out the run supporting Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators on their five U.K. arena dates.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/california-breed-taps-former-queens-of-the-stone-age-drummer-joey-castillo-for-upcoming-tour/

I agree! I was really looking forward to seeing them, probably in a small venue. I do like Castello and have seen him live. But, without Jason, I don't see this band being the same. What a shame.

So I presume the Phil Collins band drummer slot will be his and that's why the abandonment of this new band?

Archived