2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Heat at Spurs tonight--should I really care is the question, what with the Heat looking like they may fall off the proverbial cliff and fall out of the playoff standings. On top of that, I keep hearing about how old the Spurs are--and of course, those old ass Spurs may win another championship before it's all over...

Heat at Spurs tonight--should I really care is the question, what with the Heat looking like they may fall off the proverbial cliff and fall out of the playoff standings. On top of that, I keep hearing about how old the Spurs are--and of course, those old ass Spurs may win another championship before it's all over...

It will NEVER HAPPEN PAUL. No shot. Golden St is a monster at home. . Curry is just plain nuts this year. They are losing in Atlanta tonight but that is nothing to be ashamed of. That game was only set at 214 on the O/U. Went over as I thought it would. OKC is shocking. I do not get them. Last check they were hanging my ass out to dry. Going back to check scores

I have to think, it won't be long before the Heat fall out of that final playoff spot in the East...

smiley-sad006.gif

Does it really matter Paul? They are not going to beat the likes of Cleveland or Atlanta or even Chicago even if Wade comes back in full form. You got your title. I see an Atlanta vs Cleveland final in the East. Cleveland I think wins if Lebron and Love continue to find this chemistry. But Atlanta cannot be counted out. The West is far deeper. And has been for years now. I am disgusted with the Clippers and Doc Rivers who absolutely sucks. Fire that little shit now while they still have a shot. They are the only team that really has Golden States number but that will not last long. Curry right now is a monster. I say he is the deadliest offensive weapon in the game hands down. Not even close. OKC has not found their game. Losing that pathetic effort to the Pelicans was proof they are not there. Memphis I would rater higher than OKC right now. If the finals started tomorrow, I would say Golden St over any number of runner ups. If Howard comes back Houston is in the conversation. Memphis, Portland, and OKC and Clippers still must be mentioned and put in the mix as well as Dallas and maybe even Phoenix? But Golden st has their new Rick Barry in Curry. 1975 Golden st was able to win it all with Rick Barry and no true dominant Center and that was unheard of then. If you have enough talent you can get it done without a Kareem, or Wilt or Bill Walton or Bill russell type if you will. but you need a Lebron, Kobe or Curry to do it. Curry is the real deal. I saw him just set with a guy all over him in that Dallas game and put down some shots that were just crazy. Julius Erving,/Rick Barry/Jerry West type crazy. A Warriors vs Cavs final is very possible. And it would be a real war. Steve Kerr is one hell of a coach. And I think he has what it takes to get it done

Just as long as it's not the Spurs winning it all again, I'll be ok with whoever comes out of the West. I have to think the Western Conference champ will romp over any team from the East....

I am not so sure of that. Right now I say its Golden St vs Cleveland and Cleveland is playing very well

• 2 weeks later...

Clippers got me a nice two teamer with OKC beating up the overated San Antonio team without Blake. When they get Blake back they will be damn tough. Golden St is too. They have Curry who is the best shooter in the game right now.

Good chance Golden St hands SA their ass's tonight

Did the NBA All-Star weekend really come and go without a peep? I didn't watch one second of anything...wasn't even thinking about it. That's the way it seems to be these days...most All-Star games are afterthoughts.

Did the NBA All-Star weekend really come and go without a peep? I didn't watch one second of anything...wasn't even thinking about it. That's the way it seems to be these days...most All-Star games are afterthoughts.

The only thoughts I have about the NBA's All Star break is trying to decide which is more useless--the Slam Dunk contest or MLB's Home Run Derby.

Well he seems to have righted the ship for now

So, you're not concerned at all about DeAndre Jordan come playoff time? Shooting less than 40% from the free throw line would alarm me....

• 2 weeks later...

Got my arse on Golden St to win by double digits. To get to W7 on the Streak and cash $50 in parlays where I took Utah and Atlanta over Cleveland, already winners. Had Houston also over the Pistons. so I think the Warriors will destroy Dallas who played last night and were hammered by a Portland team that is not nearly as good as the Warriors. What say ye?

When do the damn playoffs start, not that it matters for me--even if the Heat squeak in they will get their ass bounced by whoever is the #1 seed....

I cannot believe you are even mentioning the Heat. NOBODY is going to stop the machine that are the Cleveland Cavaliers in the East. And the Clippers and Golden St should meet for the Western final to see who has the hellish task of trying to beat them. It will be very tough to beat them. If anyone can its either Golden St with Curry and Thompson or the Clippers with Blake, CP and co. The Clippers have had Golden St's number when Blake is in the lineup head to head. The Clippers and Golden st are my two favorite teams. But I must give the nod to Cleveland to win it all right now. But it will be a hell of a war regardless of which they play. And it will be either Cleveland vs Golden St or Clippers. There are no other teams capable in the West or East. Yes Atlanta is good. But not good enough to deal with Lebron, Irving and Love.

I went to the Warriors game last night and I'm finally convinced that they are the real thing, a championship contender! I could tell because, in the second quarter, when the Warriors had built up a small lead and were resting their starters, the bench just stretched out that lead. The team play was evident in the hot, quick passing which opened up shots; they had 39 assists on 45 baskets, that's 86%!

I believe!

• 2 weeks later...

OKC's playoff chances just took a huge hit. No Durant for rest of year.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12569813

Golden State and Houston are the two favourites in the West now.

Edited to add: Not that I am counting out those wiley old codgers, San Antonio.

Houston? What a joke. Golden st and Clippers for the West. Cavs win the East for fun

Archived