2. Cavaliers vs. 7. Celtics
3. Bulls vs. 6. Bucks
4. Raptors vs. 5. Wizards

Western Conference:

1. Warriors vs. 8. Pelicans
2. Rockets vs. 7. Mavericks
3. Clippers vs. 6. Spurs

4. Trail Blazers vs. 5. Grizzlies*
Poor Rick, the luck of the draw that the Clippers have the Spurs right out the gate. Personally, I would love to see the Spurs go down, but my head tells me never to bet against Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan--especially with a team like the Clips, who have yet in my recent memory, come up big during the postseason.
Again, I would love for the Clippers to prove me wrong--I'm sure Rick will have a different opinion about the Clippers and Spurs...

In case anyone did not know, these are the playoff matchups:

Eastern Conference:

1. Hawks vs. 8. Nets

2. Cavaliers vs. 7. Celtics
3. Bulls vs. 6. Bucks
4. Raptors vs. 5. Wizards

Western Conference:

1. Warriors vs. 8. Pelicans
2. Rockets vs. 7. Mavericks
3. Clippers vs. 6. Spurs

4. Trail Blazers vs. 5. Grizzlies*
Poor Rick, the luck of the draw that the Clippers have the Spurs right out the gate. Personally, I would love to see the Spurs go down, but my head tells me never to bet against Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan--especially with a team like the Clips, who have yet in my recent memory, come up big during the postseason.
Again, I would love for the Clippers to prove me wrong--I'm sure Rick will have a different opinion about the Clippers and Spurs...

I thought Toronto was eliminated? Thought I read it? Anyway, only one of these is a real series. And we know which one. Clippers and Spurs and yes I like the Clippers chances.

I'll get to the playoff matchups later but for now, I am shocked that OKC didn't make the playoffs. That's another year of Durant and Westbrook prime wasted with no championship to show for it. The window for athletes is short, so if I were an OKC fan I would be concerned.

Hang on, I thought you were referring to the Wizards, no? I'm missing something... anyway, game 1 is in Toronto against Washington this Saturday. I hope the Raptors can finally get past the first round.

No way Clippers go far. Golden State has been surprising this year. Steve Kerr has done an incredible job, but the real season now begins...

Spurs will play Portland, apparently...tough match-up for both. Too bad it's a first round series. Pelicans are into their first playoff in a long time. Although GS is likely glad that playoff-tested OKC with that freak of nature triple-double machine Westbrook is out of the playoffs, the Pelicans are hungry. Happy that New Orleans have turned it around. Great for the city. Houston - Dallas should be a great battle, not only because of players switching teams and trash talking, there's Mark Cuban. He can't help himself.

Atlanta and Cavs have as much of a cakewalk as you can have in the first round. Cavs have LBJ, Hotlanta have a better overall team. Should be interesting once the first round is over in the East. Every math-up in the West is intriguing...

I am referring to the Wiz! I should have been clearer though by saying we have tickets to Home Games 1 and 3. We can only hope there is a home game 3! :)

I had a small panic earlier when I misread when home game 1 was - thought it was the 25th which is the night I'm seeing the Lead Belly concert at the Kennedy Center. Fortunately, I can't read...the game is the 24th so all is well.

I am referring to the Wiz! I should have been clearer though by saying we have tickets to Home Games 1 and 3. We can only hope there is a home game 3! :)

I had a small panic earlier when I misread when home game 1 was - thought it was the 25th which is the night I'm seeing the Lead Belly concert at the Kennedy Center. Fortunately, I can't read...the game is the 24th so all is well.

Oh I see, ok lol. That's going to be an amazing Fri-Sat for you! I hope you have an amazing time at both :)

Turns out Toronto may have gotten into the second round - that one time wayyy back in 2001 or some such. Anyway, new era, new hope, nice feeling.

Well, game 1 is at 12:30pm on Saturday, also Record Store Day, so hopefully I get back in time to watch the whole game. And for those of you across the pond, Man U is playing Chelsea at the same time, big game, but maybe switch channels now and again for some great playoff basketball. I love the second season!

I thought Toronto was eliminated? Thought I read it? Anyway, only one of these is a real series. And we know which one. Clippers and Spurs and yes I like the Clippers chances.

Raptors have won the Atlantic division the last two years. Yes, it's the East, but we're on an upswing. All of the West battles will be great. Clippers have yet to prove anything in the post-season and their opponents are the reigning champs, a modern-day dynasty with 5 Larry O'Brien trophies since 1999. Just don't be so sure...

I'll get to the playoff matchups later but for now, I am shocked that OKC didn't make the playoffs. That's another year of Durant and Westbrook prime wasted with no championship to show for it. The window for athletes is short, so if I were an OKC fan I would be concerned.

Coach Brooks is on the hot seat. It's much harder in the West, but every team in that conference is in the same situation. Sure they were without Durant, but the rest of the team is still very strong. Perhaps all that talent hid the coach's deficiencies. It'll be interesting to see who they get to replace him. Spurs have Messina in the wings once Pop retires, and Cavs have David Blatt as head coach. So the two most touted coaches outside of the NBA have already been secured. In order to to keep Durant (pending free agency in 2016) and Westbrook in OKC, they have no room for error.

I see ebk's Wiz took Game 1--congrats!

Thanks. As usual, The Wiz tried to cough it up at the end, but somehow managed not to shoot themselves in the foot. (I love using cliches while talking sports :) )

The Pelicans showed some promise towards the end there, hope they can pull the upset. Golden State seems way too cocky, and their fans are annoying as hell.

It's been YEARS of almost total futility, please forgive us for showing a bit of pride.

Go Warriors!

I don't begrudge you guys one bit for crowing, chef free. It has been a long time.

I took Washington with the points and really liked their chances to win straight up. I need Atlanta tomorrow and I also need the Clippers to beat SA. The Clippers have been good at home and must just go out and let it rip. CP has to come up big.

I didn't stay up to watch it, but the Clippers took Game 1 much to my surprise....

Beat them by 15 Paul. . So time to believe. The Clippers are for real. And to me Golden st's biggest obstacle

More than the "surging Spurs"?

I think it was obvious to all who follow the NBA that the Clippers needed to win Game 1 more than the Spurs. The Clippers had to win last night if they had any hope of winning the series.

We know what the Spurs can do come playoff time. We have seen them come back and escape dire situations time and time again. So a Game 1 loss is not an insurmountable obstacle to them.

The Clippers, however, have years of failure yoked around their necks, and last year's playoff failure weighs particularly hard on Chris Paul. All eyes are on Paul this year to see if he can rise to the occasion.

If the Clippers had lost last night, the Spurs would have been a lock to win the series. Now? It's even money.

I think it was obvious to all who follow the NBA that the Clippers needed to win Game 1 more than the Spurs. The Clippers had to win last night if they had any hope of winning the series.

We know what the Spurs can do come playoff time. We have seen them come back and escape dire situations time and time again. So a Game 1 loss is not an insurmountable obstacle to them.

The Clippers, however, have years of failure yoked around their necks, and last year's playoff failure weighs particularly hard on Chris Paul. All eyes are on Paul this year to see if he can rise to the occasion.

If the Clippers had lost last night, the Spurs would have been a lock to win the series. Now? It's even money.

I think the Clippers will wear them down in the 4th quarter of games. Only Leonard is young enough to cause trouble. Come 4th quarter their age will be a factor. Clippers in 5, 6 max. I say Washington wins the series over Toronto easily. I won on them in game one. Tonight I am not so sure about but Wash will win that series in 5 or 6. Golden St should win big tonight. The Clippers are their worst nightmare. Memphis has given the Clippers trouble but not as much this year. But I would like to see them avoid memphis. I am a bit disappointed Portland got drilled so bad in game one. I do not agree with one experts take that the Mavericks can beat Houston. I do not see it. What injuries is he referring to that would make Houston lose that series? Harden is unstoppable. But then again, so was Westbrooke

Well, the only thing I would add to this discussion is that it's just one game (obviously). If the Clips Win Game 2, I still might be skeptical with the series heading back to San Antonio. Basically, I want to see the Clips jump out to a commanding 3-0 lead before I start to really believe...

:D

Well, the only thing I would add to this discussion is that it's just one game (obviously). If the Clips Win Game 2, I still might be skeptical with the series heading back to San Antonio. Basically, I want to see the Clips jump out to a commanding 3-0 lead before I start to really believe...

:D

I want them to go up 2-0. Then get a split on the road. I stil think if they win tonight they have them. If they dont, I lose money and it will be a war. I needed one more lousy basket for Golden st to cover. At least the Reds and Padres came through for me

You know beating San Anton to me is not the obstacle so much as having to try and beat Golden st later

I want them to go up 2-0. Then get a split on the road. I stil think if they win tonight they have them. If they dont, I lose money and it will be a war. I needed one more lousy basket for Golden st to cover. At least the Reds and Padres came through for me

Good coaches win games, great coaches cover the spread!

Warriors 2-0!

As my Lakers are out and I am constitutionally unable to cheer for the carpet-bagging Clippers, I am giving my support and playoff-beard power to your Golden St. Warriors.

Man, when's the last time the Warriors had a player like Curry? Sleepy Floyd? Rick Barry? Or, as Bill Simmons mentioned the other night, maybe we should compare Curry to Pistol Pete Maravich.

It is amusing to go back to the 2009 Draft and hear all the boos when Golden St. picks Curry. Bet those people aren't booing now. Let us take a look at the top draft picks of 2009...

1. Clippers draft Blake Griffin. No shock or surprise there. Griffin has turned into a good player for the Clippers.

2. Memphis picks Hasheem Thabeet, now residing in the D-League after going thru several NBA teams to no effect. Definitely a bust pick for the Grizzlies.

3. Oklahoma drafts James Harden third. There's no question about the pick as Harden is a monster player. Instead one has to question OKC letting Harden go...maybe they should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook away.

4. Sacramento picks Tyreke Evans. Are the Kings in the playoffs? Didn't think so...bet Sacramento wishes they had picked Curry.

5. & 6. And now we come to the dumbest team in the draft...Minnesota. Even before we knew how great Curry would become, what Minnesota did in the 2009 draft made no sense. Drafting the absurdly overrated and over-hyped Ricky Rubio at #5 and Jonny Flynn at #6. Both guards combined wouldn't equal even one-half of a player of Curry's caliber. Flynn isn't even in the NBA anymore...he's playing in Italy...and Rubio can't hit 40% of his shots. BUSTS with a capital'B'. Minnesota were the major dunces of the 2009 draft.

7. Golden St. reaps the benefit of Minnesota's stupidity and drafts Curry. What I don't get are all the boos from the crowd...who did they want the Warriors to draft? If you look at all the players drafted after Curry, there isn't one stud among them. Jordan Hill? DeMar DeRozan? Brandon Jennings? Tyler Hansbrough? Nope, Curry beats them all by a mile.

Archived