2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Cavs - Bulls. Game tied. Three seconds left. Inbound pass to Rose. He dribbles to the right side of the arc. Shoots. Banks a 3-pointer for the win. Amazing game.

Also, I love Noah for going at James. He never backs down, and always calls James out for his arrogant antics. His "Cleveland" response a while back is a classic (no offense to Ohio people here...it's just all part of the gamesmanship, and I like that he's got a chip on his shoulder and says what he feels, no PC answers. Refreshing).

Looking forward to the Wiz-Hawks game tomorrow. I'm sure we'll enjoy the pizza and wine. And maybe even a little of the basketball, although there's not much hope with the Wall injury.

Stranger things have happened though...

Looking forward to the Wiz-Hawks game tomorrow. I'm sure we'll enjoy the pizza and wine. And maybe even a little of the basketball, although there's not much hope with the Wall injury.

That really is a shame with John Wall fracturing his hand. I really thought Les Boulez had a shot to make it to the Conference Final. Tough luck strikes Washington again.

But I wish you a nice time at the game all the same.

Clippers and Bulls go up 2-1 in their series in drastically different fashion.

That really sucks. I had picked Washington to win this thing. I just can't see it now. But who knows. I still think Cleveland wins the East and I pick the Clippers to win it all. With confidence. Take care of Houston at home in game 4 and its over. Golden State should beat Memphis but it wont be easy. They may have trouble in the paint. Curry will have to be Curry at his best. I have no doubt he will. But I do not think they are deep enough to beat the Clippers and have no answer for Blake. If they get Blake and CP both clicking on all cylinders they will be scary. Rivers, Reddick, Crawford, Jordan, are all a great supporting cast for the big two. And Barnes. I am really impressed with Rivers game. That kid is playing great. The Clippers are loaded.

The one thing Doc has to do is block out Howard from easy baskets. I know they won by 25 but you cannot keep letting Howard slam uncontested

Huge game in Memphis today. I wonder if Golden st is up to the challenge? I would think so. I want the Clippers of course, but if someone else has to win I hope its the Warriors. So I am for a Clippers/Warriors showdown, and to me that will be the true finals. I do not count Houston or Memphis out but I do believe the Clippers and Warriors will find a way to win. Its going to be tough for the Warriors today. They need the split in Memphis

That really is a shame with John Wall fracturing his hand. I really thought Les Boulez had a shot to make it to the Conference Final. Tough luck strikes Washington again.

TK calls it The Curse of Les Boulez. As opposed to just calling the Caps Choking Dogs :D

I can't believe how Chicago sucked out on that Hail Mary shot!! Hung my ass out to dry. Had Rangers, Cavs and Clippers parlayed. See I come clean when things go South Sean.

I can't believe how Chicago sucked out on that Hail Mary shot!! Hung my ass out to dry. Had Rangers, Cavs and Clippers parlayed. See I come clean when things go South Sean.

Hey, I'm not your bookie (I'd be drinking Mai Tais on some Tahitian island beach if I was, hehe :suntan: )!!! You don't owe me any explanations about your wagers.

Lucky ass shot by Rose last night.

Hey, I'm not your bookie (I'd be drinking Mai Tais on some Tahitian island beach if I was, hehe :suntan: )!!! You don't owe me any explanations about your wagers.

Lucky ass shot by Rose last night.

Come on now. You told me to come clean the last time so I am coming clean. You might be drinking Shlitz in China Town

^^^You do everything I tell you? :P

I wish I was in Chinatown right now...but I wouldn't be drinking Schitz. I would be drinking Abita Purple Haze at the new restaurant The Little Jewel of New Orleans that just opened up down there.

LeBron complaining that Noah 'crossed the line' with trash talking. What'd I tell you? Hahaha suck it up, buttercup :D

Rose with a clutch bank shot 3 to win the game.

Pierce with a clutch bank shot jumper to win the game. In the post-game interview, he was asked whether he called, "Bank." "No," Pierce said, "I called 'game.'" Iced the game and the interview. WOW.

GS getting spanked right now. Memphis is imposing their inside game. GS can't defend the P&R and the Grizz bigs are getting all kinds of easy buckets inside. Memphis D lead by Tony Allen is disrupting everything GS is trying to do, so they're settling for quick contested J's and missing.

Memphis style is great for playoff bball. I thought the same of GS, but they look shaken. We'll see whether they can regroup and make it a game.

I sure hope the Clippers put a stranglehold on this series. And I expect Cleveland to come out and just hammer Chicago. A team that cannot shoot the ball on most days and only won on a 'Hail Mary" shot off the glass. I believe Golden state is too good to go down like this. I expect their coach to solve this.

Houston is making a fucking mockery of the game by fouling Jordan every time the Clippers get the ball. that shit head McHale is using up his fucking bench to foul him in the old 'hack a shaq" game plan. They fucking stink

How is it that Rose's game winner was a 'lucky' shot but LBJ's was a 'great' one?

Hack-a-Shaq is bad to watch, but Pop used it himself. The only it's part of the game is because professional basketball players are so bad at something so fundamental - shooting free throws. Now in Shaw's case, he simply didn't work on it enough, which is puzzling since it's, you know, his actual job. If Jordan sucks, too, then that's a weakness opposition will try to exploit. If it were my team hacking, I'd think it boring, but would get over it if they won.

How is it that Rose's game winner was a 'lucky' shot but LBJ's was a 'great' one?

Hack-a-Shaq is bad to watch, but Pop used it himself. The only it's part of the game is because professional basketball players are so bad at something so fundamental - shooting free throws. Now in Shaw's case, he simply didn't work on it enough, which is puzzling since it's, you know, his actual job. If Jordan sucks, too, then that's a weakness opposition will try to exploit. If it were my team hacking, I'd think it boring, but would get over it if they won.

Go see the score. Clippers are murdering the whining ass Rockets and their dumb coach McHale. Can't beat them bad enough for this poor gamesmanship. 79-58 Clippers as I type

De Andre is jamming them silly

Oh that's fine - but I thought we were talking about using hack-a-Shaq strategy in general. Obviously it has worked - it has it's own name! Of course, the caveat is that the game has to be close in order for it to have an effect. Not sure what McHale's doing (not watching the game), but just like the Clips, Rockets may need a good coach to get to the next level. That and get smiling underachieving dummy Howard off the team. He has no idea about the mentality and inner steel will it takes to win the championship.

Oh that's fine - but I thought we were talking about using hack-a-Shaq strategy in general. Obviously it has worked - it has it's own name! Of course, the caveat is that the game has to be close in order for it to have an effect. Not sure what McHale's doing (not watching the game), but just like the Clips, Rockets may need a good coach to get to the next level. That and get smiling underachieving dummy Howard off the team. He has no idea about the mentality and inner steel will it takes to win the championship.

Blake Griffin has the look of an MVP in these playoffs. He is on fire. Reddick is too tonight. McHale has made a hackass out of himself in this game. 27 pt lead for Clippers and counting. D Jordan is killing them on the boards on D and he is sinking some shots at the line. Enough to piss off McHale. Doc Rivers son has been just fabulous also. This team to me is the best in the NBA right now. Huge game tomorrow. Howard just got tossed and has fouled out.

Blake Griffin has the look of an MVP in these playoffs. He is on fire. Reddick is too tonight. McHale has made a hackass out of himself in this game. 27 pt lead for Clippers and counting. D Jordan is killing them on the boards on D and he is sinking some shots at the line. Enough to piss off McHale. Doc Rivers son has been just fabulous also. This team to me is the best in the NBA right now. Huge game tomorrow. Howard just got tossed and has fouled out.

lol this brought a smile to my face - same old Howard. Rivers Jr. has looked good after a not-so-hot start in the league. I think playing for his dad has really reignited him. Sometimes that's too much pressure, but he seems to be flourishing from it, so good for him.

Archived