2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

It can only help Irving get better for Cleveland. I say Golden State wins in 6

It can only help Klay Thompson get better for Golden State. Or haven't you heard that Thompson suffered a concussion?

If Thompson can't go for the Warriors that puts a severe crimp in their plans, especially on defense. The Warriors need his help on Lebron.

Other than helping injured players heal, I hate this long a layoff...certainly one of the longest I can remember. Game One of the Finals would have been played this past Sunday if NBC still had the NBA. I don't know what ESPN/ABC is thinking with this 8-day layoff. It's stupid and allows the casual viewer to forget and move on to other things...The Belmont, Stanley Cup, baseball, NASCAR, French Open, US Open golf.

Is it just me, or is this a long wait before Game 1 of the Finals tips off--both teams should be well rested....

Very, very long wait. Excruciating to say the least.

But yes, the rest is needed. I want the Dubs at their best, hopefully beating Cleveland at Cleveland's best.

Lebron will be heard from but he does not have the supporting cast to beat this team. Not in my opinion. Warriors have too much. If K Love was in, it would be a mystery. I do not think Cleveland can beat them. Not unless they choke. And I do not see Kehr allowing that. Curry has been dynamite but still have to give Kehr a ton of credit

Well, after what feels like months of waiting, Game 1 tips off tonight. Can't say that I have any rooting interest--I know I'm not supposed to like Lebron after scurrying from South Beach to go back home, but if he does get that 3rd ring, I won't lose any sleep about it....

Cavs likely would have lost in overtime anyway, even with Irving, because nobody could hit a shot. But with Irving limping off the court, it's a huge advantage for GSW. Not that they couldn't otherwise have found a way to win, but this one was closer than I thought it would be, and going forward, it's a different game because of the adjustments Blatt needs to make now.

Great game, better OT.

Lebron learned that Golden st is too deep. that was the game Cleveland was supposed to steal. Forget it. This series will be over. No way can they count on Lebron to win this thing all by himself. When Golden st won in 1975 Rick Barry like Curry was a one man wrecking machine. could shoot your lights out. Even on an off night Curry had enough of a supporting cast to beat Cleveland, who are probably not as good as Houston or the Clippers. They will need big time production from Irving to stay in this thing. I do not see it. The loss of Kevin Love is now huge

Is it too early to call a 4 game sweep for Golden St?

I am not calling a sweep. I am calling a series win because Lebron cannot do any more than he did last night. Golden st cannot play any worse than they did last night. Result, NO CHANCE FOR CLEVELAND. Lebron cannot do it all. He is hell bent on trying. Curry will shoot their lights out on some of these other nights.

No NBA game until Sunday...and no Stanley Cup until Saturday. WTF!?! There should be a hockey and basketball game on alternating days for the playoffs. Having no action on a Friday night is just stupid. These long gaps have killed any momentum and my interest has waned. I want Golden State to win but I am not hardcore about watching the games of these Finals. It will be interesting to see if the Belmont Stakes horse race beats the NBA and NHL in the ratings.

Dywane Wade to Cleveland in 2015-16.

No way should the Cavs be this close. Gives them hope they can run home with a split. Dellavedova playing excellent D on Curry, who has to find a way to get his game going. 2-10 isn't helping. GSW better stop playing with fire by letting Cleveland stay in the game. GSW is the less experienced team, but have to simply play their game. If live by the three doesn't work, then adjust to an inside game. They've got the personnel and coaching smarts to do it.

Bloody fucking hellish bastard off shore hethons. I told them their system fucking kicked my flat bet to Cleveland plus 8,. i wanted GS minus 8. It appears I might get lucky? The best case scenario for me is a GS 7 pt win. Then I could catch this game both ends.

Pivotal Game 3 tonight--whoever wins may be able to take home the trophy...

Basketball1smiley.gif

Sorry Paul. You don't get to take home the trophy after two wins. If Golden State wins tonight, the series is all squared with Game 5 back in the Golden State.

First, Golden State has to locate their balls and stop playing like deer in the headlights.

Did y'all see Dywane Wade's postgame interview with Lebron James? I tell ya'...the wheels are being greased for Wade to sidle on over to Cleveland. Be prepared, Paul.

I agree, especially if the Cavs don't win it. I fully believe they will after watching game 3. GS seemed like they were ill equipped to handle the intensity of The Finals to me.

I missed most of the 1st quarter, but from what I have seen, the Warriors are firing on all cylinders. LJ hasn't been much of a factor--probably the way Golden St. wanted it--take Lebron out of the picture and force Cleveland to try and beat you with someone else....

GWS made important changes to the starting line-up with Lee and AI in, and going small seems to have worked for them. Much quicker pace is getting to the larger. slower Cavs. Plus GWS changed their D, trapping, doubling LBJ, keeping the ball out of his hands, gambling on his teammates not being able to carry the load. Cavs are using a smaller bench, so starters are more tired. I think the deep bench of GSW may prove to be the deciding factor in the series. Very impressed with the changes Kerr has made, and with the execution by the players given they're far less experienced in playing in the finals. Their coach Kerr has the most of it, and it's proving valuable in steering the ship in the right direction. Good game.

p.s. Plus the Joey Crawford effect is in full force.

Archived