2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Pierce actually made the shot again - stunning! - just about .1 or .2 late.

Curry is a wizard with handles and long shots. When GS gets their game going it's nearly unstoppable and so fun to watch. The only thing that makes it better is Hubie Brown commenting on the game. So knowledgeable, respectfully honest, calm and down to earth; such a pleasure to listen to. I switch feeds when I know he's on. It just makes the experience all the better.

Changing of the guard this year...

That was seriously a really lousy basketball game - at least the first half was. The second half was marginally better. It was like neither team wanted to win.

The shot went in - we were all hugging - and then we saw they were reviewing it and we just knew it was over.

Ugh... at least I don't have to spend any more money on basketball tickets until next season. Gotta look on the bright side - right?

That was seriously a really lousy basketball game - at least the first half was. The second half was marginally better. It was like neither team wanted to win.

The shot went in - we were all hugging - and then we saw they were reviewing it and we just knew it was over.

Ugh... at least I don't have to spend any more money on basketball tickets until next season. Gotta look on the bright side - right?

I still say he was in shooting motion with a tenth of a second left. Bullshit that it did not count. It was a Lebron replay. But Washington stunk. Cleveland will destroy Atlanta. In 4, 5 tops. The East is a joke other than Cleveland. Prepare to get pounded Atlanta. Washington cannot shoot just like the Bulls. Overhaul needed.

Man the Clippers have my head spinning. How the hell do they allow that shit to happen? What say ye Strder? Can they win game 7? I know they can. Vegas has them favored if you can believe it. But that stupid ass Doc Rivers blew it too in my opinion. He needed to get a message out and he should have put a different combination out there. Also, give the ball to Chris Paul more. Tell Blake to stop with the dribbling and have Chris Paul, Blake, Reddick and Rivers do the shooting. Only exception is having Jordan do some inside damage when he is able. But Chris Paul must get more involved and he is the guy to shoot. Live or die with Chris Paul. NOT Barnes or Crawford or the other idiots that were missing all night.

Warriors FINALLY get it done! It's been 39 years since they got this far in the playoffs and no Lakers in sight!

Rick Barry, 1975, wins the title without a true center. In those days you needed a true center to win. Kareem, Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Bill Russel, etc. and while we are looking back lets never forget that Lakers team with Wilt, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Happy Hairston and I think that Elgin Baylor was still on the team but I might be wrong. But anyway, 33 wins in a row!!! I do not think that record will ever fall. Jordan's Bullls could not do it. They did beat the 69-13 record by one game I believe. But to me the Lakers had far tougher competition. Knicks, 76ers, Bullets and more. I hated the Knicks. Was happy as hell when Lakers won. They were my team until Buffalo got a team and then I did love Dr J. Rick Barry was something special. Just imagine if there was a 3 point shot in the day when he scored 70. I do not believe the 3 point rule had hit the NBA yet? The ABA and their flag colored balls did.

Go Clippers . Rip them apart tomorrow

Rivers is playing better than Chris Paul, Crawford and Reddick all put together. What the fuck is going on? Why is Doc Rivers allowing Crawford to shoot? If you are going to lose, lose with Chris Paul shooting the ball. Stupid fucking play. Golden State is going to kill the winner likely anyway

Rivers is playing better than Chris Paul, Crawford and Reddick all put together. What the fuck is going on? Why is Doc Rivers allowing Crawford to shoot? If you are going to lose, lose with Chris Paul shooting the ball. Stupid fucking play. Golden State is going to kill the winner likely anyway

I still see the Clippers as a bigger threat because the Warriors never seem to get their groove going when in the Staples center. Hopefully the Clippers figure it out, i'd like this game to go several through overtimes...

Reddick and Crawford suck cock. Rivers was the bright spot for the Clippers and Doc's son has a bright future. I get rid of Reddick and Crawford. Paul and Blake will get it done as Blake is young. Pathetic coaching at the end. I fire Rivers. No excuse to lose this series. Rivers is to blame letting these guys just go out and pump and not give the ball to the guys that got you there.

I take down my Clippers logo and now NOTHING WILL POST AS MY PERSONAL PHOTO? IS THERE A 24 HOUR WAIT?

Reddick and Crawford suck cock. Rivers was the bright spot for the Clippers and Doc's son has a bright future. I get rid of Reddick and Crawford. Paul and Blake will get it done as Blake is young. Pathetic coaching at the end. I fire Rivers. No excuse to lose this series. Rivers is to blame letting these guys just go out and pump and not give the ball to the guys that got you there.

I take down my Clippers logo and now NOTHING WILL POST AS MY PERSONAL PHOTO? IS THERE A 24 HOUR WAIT?

WAY TO GO HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!

It seems like a "personal defeat" for you from what you post about the teams you "want" to win and it seems that usually don't and lose.

From what I gather, you live in upstate New York and are an Orioles fan and a Clippers fan, no where near Baltimore or Los Angeles. The Clippers are done this season and by the way the Orioles are playing, you might want to consider cheering for another team that is closer to your locale. Maybe the New York Yankees or even the STL CARDINALS. If you are a gambling man, put all your money on the Cardinals. You might win. If you put your $ on the Orioles this year, you WILL LOSE.

WAY TO GO HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!It seems like a "personal defeat" for you from what you post about the teams you "want" to win and it seems that usually don't and lose.From what I gather, you live in upstate New York and are an Orioles fan and a Clippers fan, no where near Baltimore or Los Angeles. The Clippers are done this season and by the way the Orioles are playing, you might want to consider cheering for another team that is closer to your locale. Maybe the New York Yankees or even the STL CARDINALS. If you are a gambling man, put all your money on the Cardinals. You might win. If you put your $ on the Orioles this year, you WILL LOSE.

I'll answer on Rick's behalf ...The Clippers were based in Buffalo from 1970-78 as the Buffalo Braves. I can understand and respect him rooting for The Clippers.

My father loved The Atlanta Braves even though they left Boston in 1952. He would root for them unless they played the Red Sox. In fact, the last game he attended (with my 2 brothers and myself) was The Red Sox vs The Braves at Fenway Park in 2012, which was also Kevin Youkilis' last game as a member of the Red Sox.

The Baltimore Orioles are just a good solid team.

I'll answer on Rick's behalf ...The Clippers were based in Buffalo from 1970-78 as the Buffalo Braves. I can understand and respect him rooting for The Clippers.

My father loved The Atlanta Braves even though they left Boston in 1952. He would root for them unless they played the Red Sox. In fact, the last game he attended (with my 2 brothers and myself) was The Red Sox vs The Braves at Fenway Park in 2012, which was also Kevin Youkilis' last game as a member of the Red Sox.

The Baltimore Orioles are just a good solid team.

That, and the Rochester Red Wings used to be our Triple A affiliate. I think that's where Rick picked up his love of the O's. Which makes perfect sense to me!

We're #2! We're #2! We're #2!

Basketball is the sport you can rebuild faster than any other sport Strider. Case and point: Lew Alcindor/Kareem. Took Milwaukee to the top from the bottom. One year. Can happen. Because only 5 men on the court and they do not change like in hockey.

Whoo hoo! My friend just called me, I assumed to arrange our meet up at the bar to watch the Warriors' game, but he asked "Want to go to the game tonight?"

I have never been to a play off game!

Have a great time! It's an experience.

Archived