2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Clippers pounded the Lakers last night and now it is official...the Lakers have lost more games this season than they ever had before. 56 losses...and counting. Oh how the mighty have fallen. :bagoverhead:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-clippers-106-lakers-78-hand-lakers-franchise-record-56th-loss-keep-pace-west-040515

Clippers pounded the Lakers last night and now it is official...the Lakers have lost more games this season than they ever had before. 56 losses...and counting. Oh how the mighty have fallen. :bagoverhead:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-clippers-106-lakers-78-hand-lakers-franchise-record-56th-loss-keep-pace-west-040515

There's some news that does a life long Warriors fan GOOD! Thanks Strider!

: There's something in my eye...

Very classy, Hawks :bravo:

Hawks sign 8-year-old boy with leukemia, awesomeness ensues

By Ben Rohrbach 3 hours ago Ball Don't Lie

The Atlanta Hawks (57-19) are on the verge of setting a franchise record for victories, but they're not done retooling their roster for the playoff run, as they landed a priceless free agent on Tuesday.

Hours before shooting for win No. 58 against the Phoenix Suns, the Hawks signed 8-year-old Kennesaw, Ga., native Lake Bozman, who suffers from Acute Myeloid Leukemia, to a one-day deal.

CCBEBQlWYAA9naW.jpg

As one of 14 children selected by nationally syndicated radio program The Bert Show, Bozman and his family were originally slated to visit Walt Disney World this week on an all-expenses-paid trip courtesy of Bert's Big Adventure to benefit children with chronic and terminal illnesses, but the boy fell ill.

So, instead the show coordinated with Hawks CEO Steve Koonin and coach Mike Budenholzer to help Bozman fulfill his dream of being on an NBA roster, per the team's press release. His contract stipulates that he will be paid in the form of "drinks and snacks" along with courtside seats to Tuesday's tilt against the Suns, a pregame visit to the locker room and participation in the team's shootaround prior to tipoff.

CCBF6wkWMAMnpmn.jpg

Asked how he intends to work Bozman into the mix, Budenholzer said he can play "whatever position he wants." With a shoulder injury sidelining Paul Millsap, perhaps there's an opening in Atlanta's frontcourt? As they prepared for Tuesday night's game, the Hawks snapped photos with their newest teammate and adoring fans lined up for his autograph. He even got his own nickname and hashtag: #LakeTheGreat.

Bravo, Hawks. In a season full of fantastic moves, this is just the best.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hawks-sign-8-year-old-boy-with-leukemia--awesomeness-ensues-224030310.html

I've just found the East team I'll be cheering for should/once the Raps get eliminated from the playoffs.

Don't look now, but NBA champs Spurs are clicking at just the right time - again. Nobody's giving them a chance - again. This is a dynasty, people. Never ever underestimate Pop and his experienced-in-every-level crew.

I haven't checked the standings and they may still change so I don't know if a Spurs/Warriors West final is even possible, but if it were, that would be epic. I'd love to see them win again. Preferrably against whatever team LeBron decides to be on come playoffs :P

Don't look now, but NBA champs Spurs are clicking at just the right time - again. Nobody's giving them a chance - again. This is a dynasty, people. Never ever underestimate Pop and his experienced-in-every-level crew.

I haven't checked the standings and they may still change so I don't know if a Spurs/Warriors West final is even possible, but if it were, that would be epic. I'd love to see them win again. Preferrably against whatever team LeBron decides to be on come playoffs :P

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/21732-2014-15-nba-thread/?p=786448

:D

: There's something in my eye...

Very classy, Hawks :bravo:

Hawks sign 8-year-old boy with leukemia, awesomeness ensues

By Ben Rohrbach 3 hours ago Ball Don't Lie

The Atlanta Hawks (57-19) are on the verge of setting a franchise record for victories, but they're not done retooling their roster for the playoff run, as they landed a priceless free agent on Tuesday.

Hours before shooting for win No. 58 against the Phoenix Suns, the Hawks signed 8-year-old Kennesaw, Ga., native Lake Bozman, who suffers from Acute Myeloid Leukemia, to a one-day deal.

CCBEBQlWYAA9naW.jpg

As one of 14 children selected by nationally syndicated radio program The Bert Show, Bozman and his family were originally slated to visit Walt Disney World this week on an all-expenses-paid trip courtesy of Bert's Big Adventure to benefit children with chronic and terminal illnesses, but the boy fell ill.

So, instead the show coordinated with Hawks CEO Steve Koonin and coach Mike Budenholzer to help Bozman fulfill his dream of being on an NBA roster, per the team's press release. His contract stipulates that he will be paid in the form of "drinks and snacks" along with courtside seats to Tuesday's tilt against the Suns, a pregame visit to the locker room and participation in the team's shootaround prior to tipoff.

CCBF6wkWMAMnpmn.jpg

Asked how he intends to work Bozman into the mix, Budenholzer said he can play "whatever position he wants." With a shoulder injury sidelining Paul Millsap, perhaps there's an opening in Atlanta's frontcourt? As they prepared for Tuesday night's game, the Hawks snapped photos with their newest teammate and adoring fans lined up for his autograph. He even got his own nickname and hashtag: #LakeTheGreat.

Bravo, Hawks. In a season full of fantastic moves, this is just the best.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hawks-sign-8-year-old-boy-with-leukemia--awesomeness-ensues-224030310.html

I've just found the East team I'll be cheering for should/once the Raps get eliminated from the playoffs.

What a beautiful thing! I'll cheer for them, too, as soon as Les Boulez bite the dust (which should be after their first 3 games...)

What a beautiful thing! I'll cheer for them, too, as soon as Les Boulez bite the dust (which should be after their first 3 games...)

Right?!

I think if the standings hold, ebk, our teams are meeting in the first round. We have home court advantage at this point, but have never gotten out of the first round. You have Paul Pierce, perennial Raptor killer. No hard feelings either way, eh? :beer:

Sath, holy shit! From your mouth to God's ears. Oh to see LBJ lose again. There's not much I go all out Schadenfreude about, but this is unabashedly one of them :D

Sath, holy shit! From your mouth to God's ears. Oh to see LBJ lose again. There's not much I go all out Schadenfreude about, but this is unabashedly one of them :D

Yep, if you go back to the beginning of the season, you'll find two areas of agreement:

1. Nobody was counting out the Spurs.

2. Nobody wanted Lebron to win.

Meanwhile, the Lakers lose again to the Clippers...57 losses and counting. They're making history, but not in a good way.

Right now, the Spurs are the #6 seed in the West, meaning they would play Memphis I believe in the 1st round & who here doesn't think that Popovich and company couldn't annihilate the Grizz in the 1st round. Yep, father time certainly appears to be catching up to the Spurs.... :rolleyes:

;)

Right?!

I think if the standings hold, ebk, our teams are meeting in the first round. We have home court advantage at this point, but have never gotten out of the first round. You have Paul Pierce, perennial Raptor killer. No hard feelings either way, eh? :beer:

:bubble:;)

I've counted the Spurs out too many times, I finally know better.

Right now, the Spurs are the #6 seed in the West, meaning they would play Memphis I believe in the 1st round & who here doesn't think that Popovich and company couldn't annihilate the Grizz in the 1st round. Yep, father time certainly appears to be catching up to the Spurs.... :rolleyes:

;)

Beating Memphis will take alot out of them. I still stand by a Golden st vs Clippers final and Houston is certainly a dangerous team if and only if Howard can contribute. Harden cant do it all. The Clippers are very deep. They have a good bench to go with Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and Riddick. And we know what Golden st has. Mr Curry. He can single handidly do what Rick Barry did in 1975. Remember that game against Dallas. They fell down 20 or more early and he came back an destroyed them. He can just plain shoot. Chris Paul needs to be on top of his game and so does Blake for the Clippers to be effective. But they have been hot and Jordan is a force in the paint. So can the Spurs run with the likes of Curry for 4 quarters? I say no. And I do believe Cleveland is still the team to beat in the end. But they have to resolve this ongoing feud with Kevin Love

So, is James Harden the undisputed MVP of the league or is there a case for someone else--I have still have my doubts about how far Houston can go in the playoffs, much like Sean is doubting the Clippers. Still think the eventual NBA Champion will come from the West--even if it's the damn Spurs....

^^^Congratulations ebk! May you have better luck at Les Boulez than you did at the Os game today. ;)

Curry certainly made a case for MVP last night against the Trailblazers. 45 points, 10 assists and he broke the record for 3 pointers in one season with 273!

Case closed! MVP!

Got our tickets to games 1 and 3 for the first round Les Boulez fest!!

Hang on, I thought you were referring to the Wizards, no? I'm missing something... anyway, game 1 is in Toronto against Washington this Saturday. I hope the Raptors can finally get past the first round.

No way Clippers go far. Golden State has been surprising this year. Steve Kerr has done an incredible job, but the real season now begins...

Spurs will play Portland, apparently...tough match-up for both. Too bad it's a first round series. Pelicans are into their first playoff in a long time. Although GS is likely glad that playoff-tested OKC with that freak of nature triple-double machine Westbrook is out of the playoffs, the Pelicans are hungry. Happy that New Orleans have turned it around. Great for the city. Houston - Dallas should be a great battle, not only because of players switching teams and trash talking, there's Mark Cuban. He can't help himself.

Atlanta and Cavs have as much of a cakewalk as you can have in the first round. Cavs have LBJ, Hotlanta have a better overall team. Should be interesting once the first round is over in the East. Every math-up in the West is intriguing...

Archived