Good!

redrum

I avoid threads like that altogether, and I'm glad it's gone. Little good can come from such contentious topics, and our love for Zeppelin often fails to be the bond that ties in the long run. Our numbers were reduced by one, as we lost OzzyIsDio during that melee.

I'm glad they deleted the Gaza Massacre thread.

I avoid threads like that altogether, and I'm glad it's gone. Little good can come from such contentious topics, and our love for Zeppelin often fails to be the bond that ties in the long run. Our numbers were reduced by one, as we lost OzzyIsDio during that melee.

I couldn't agree more.

Whoa...I only just noticed that. Did I miss some fireworks?

Wait, what thread has gone? What was it about?

This was the last post that I saw:

Those are the same Muslims nurses, shopkeepers I saw dancing on 9/11. That's not hatred. That's the truth.

And the truth shall set you free.

911costume2.jpg

Kid's Purim Costume Idea: The Burning Twin Towers?

I remember Israelis dancing in the streets of New Jersey and New York as well. And they were promptly arrested, which led to information involving a spy ring. And information was gathered that some of these Israelis knew about the plot pre-occurance, if I'm not mistaken.

My father and 2 brothers worked for the Pentagon during 9/11. And regardless of the consequences I don't hate people from Palestine or Israel just because some of their countrymen were parading deaths.

Scarlet, are you a Palestinian?

Kiwi, this scarlet is a Muslim

mulims are all one and the same, they have no regard for life

Your quotes provide one of two thing:

1. A personal attack on Scarlet on your assumption that she is a Muslim.

2. Or you're attacking Muslims using religious discrimination.

Either way, I'm offended.

Your last statement leaves no doubt. One size does not fit all (except for liberals) You're stating it as absolute in your passing of judgment.

Or were you meaning that as sarcasm as well. If you wish to hate Muslims in private, fine. If you wish to "fix" Mexico, fine. Have your neighboring country spayed or neutered. But when you pass judgement as your statements above, don't expect that there won't be any scrutiny to go along with it.

And who am I to ask the poster of the thread to tone it down, just because I might not wish to see a different side of the conflict that I didn't know existed?

It's not about Muslims. It's about the senseless killing of the "people in Gaza".

I agree with Jabe. This is an interesting thread.

The thread is bigger than Scarlet, you, me, or anyone else.

How can such a small piece of land in the world, cause so much consternation? Beyond me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This was the last post that I saw.

It would be so great if we all could come together and learn from our differences. Hate is a learned behavior. It is such a shame that this is the legacy we are passing on to our children. No good could possibly come from it. That's why I found the pic above so very sad.

Although I started the thread, it was time for it to be deleted. It was deleted at exactly the right time, in my opinion. Although I believe the thread provided knowledge for some, there were individuals who were making remarks that were not just bigoted, but completely factually false. I have no problem with disagreements. I do have a problem with people whose only goal is to derail a conversation by providing misinformation. Ignorance is one thing and deliberately trying to derail a conversation is something else. I don't think that's why the thread was deleted, though. I think it was deleted because of the bigoted remarks.

I was not surprised at the bigoted remarks because our societies are full of bigoted individuals and this type of thinking is encouraged by several media outlets in the US and even abroad. I'm not going to speak about the particular individual who was banned except to say that I wondered if he really understood what he was saying and how it was heard by others.

Although I started the thread, it was time for it to be deleted. It was deleted at exactly the right time, in my opinion. Although I believe the thread provided knowledge for some, there were individuals who were making remarks that were not just bigoted, but completely factually false. I have no problem with disagreements. I do have a problem with people whose only goal is to derail a conversation by providing misinformation. Ignorance is one thing and deliberately trying to derail a conversation is something else. I don't think that's why the thread was deleted, though. I think it was deleted because of the bigoted remarks.

I was not surprised at the bigoted remarks because our societies are full of bigoted individuals and this type of thinking is encouraged by several media outlets in the US and even abroad. I'm not going to speak about the particular individual who was banned except to say that I wondered if he really understood what he was saying and how it was heard by others.

The individual wasn't banned; he resigned. The banned status followed his resignation, as it does all resignations. He had close ties to the World Trade Centre tragedy, and he resigned from here because of the frustrations that arose in the discussion that you started. I take no position on your opinions, or his, other than to clarify a comment that you made regarding his status. I agree with Anjin-San that we should let this topic die.

Archived