2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

:lol: I wish no disrespect to the "O's". I'm a Nats fan, but I keep an eye out for the O's.

Iwakuma was fantastic. Game on! He deserves all credit due. This was the first thing I watched on television in a year, and I'm not sorry in the least. The O's were outmatched. They should have had a Suki Beer Fest afterward. It's a pleasure to see a no-hitter. It was a pleasure to see.

Well when you lose on a no hitter, which is likely the first time in Orioles history? Its not as painful. This upcoming home series vs Oakland is a must win. All 4

Well when you lose on a no hitter, which is likely the first time in Orioles history? Its not as painful. This upcoming home series vs Oakland is a must win. All 4

Not the first time. I was at Memorial Stadium back in 1991 when Wilson Alvarez no hit the O's. But we were terrible that year, so by the end of the game, everyone was cheering.

You know Rick, today is the anniversary of a Jim Palmer no-hitter. Not sure of the year, 1969?

My Jays win again, tomorrow is the test with the Yankees.

The Jays will whip their asses. My Yanks have hit their talent limit I'm afraid. Even the great Girardi can't get out there and be clutch for them....

The Saint Louis Cardinals got rocked by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1st inning, with the Pirates scoring 7 runs. The Cardinals came back to make it 7-5 before allowing Pittsburgh to score 3 more runs in the top of the 9th.

That's cool. At least the Cardinals did not suffer a No-Hitter like the Baltimore Orioles did the other day. The Cardinals are now just 32 games above .500.

I must say that it must be most embarrassing for a team to be completely dominated by one pitcher from the opposing team. So dominating that that team cannot even muster the will to get one hit out of at least 27 batters. Especially from a team that had World Series ambitions but is now currently in 4th place in the American League East and will most likely be watching the Post-Season and the World Series from the comforts of their own homes (again).

At least I can say that the Saint Louis Cardinals will win the National League Central Division (again) and will most likely make it to Their 5th National League Championship Series for the 5th time in 5 years (2011/2012/2013/2014 and 2015) and probably the 2015 World Series.

How many other teams can make that claim within the past 5 years?

Go Cardinals!!!

Edited by kingzoso

The Saint Louis Cardinals got rocked by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1st inning, with the Pirates scoring 7 runs. The Cardinals came back to make it 7-5 before allowing Pittsburgh to score 3 more runs in the top of the 9th.

That's cool. At least the Cardinals did not suffer a No-Hitter like the Baltimore Orioles did the other day. The Cardinals are now just 32 games above .500.

I must say that it must be most embarrassing for a team to be completely dominated by one pitcher from the opposing team. So dominating that that team cannot even muster the will to get one hit out of at least 27 batters. Especially from a team that had World Series ambitions but is now currently in 4th place in the American League East and will most likely be watching the Post-Season and the World Series from the comforts of their own homes (again).

At least I can say that the Saint Louis Cardinals will win the National League Central Division (again) and will most likely make it to Their 5th National League Championship Series for the 5th time in 5 years (2011/2012/2013/2014 and 2015) and probably the 2015 World Series.

How many other teams can make that claim within the past 5 years?

Go Cardinals!!!

More shit you like to talk don't you. The pitcher that no hit us, and to my knowledge its never happened to the Orioles before, unless I am wrong, if someone has that info feel free to look it up, is a very good pitcher. He was one of the best in the majors the last 5 years or so. He had some type of injury and has been back for a few games and this time be obviously had his game on. ANY team can be no hit. The Yankees were 2 hit the other day by the Indians. The Cardinals do not have the best hitting team in baseball by any stretch. And yoiu do get to feast on Milwaukee 16 times and you do not have the level of competition in the NL that we have in the AL. That said, we had better beat Oakland because they are pretty much one of the worst teams in baseball right now along with Milwaukee, the Phillies, Colorado etc. one team you do not want to see in the playoffs are the Mets. They have had the Cardinals number in the past history. This I know. The Cubs are coming on and should get in with a wild card. Anything can happen. And the Orioles are not out of anything right now. Tillman let us down coming off a sprained ankle that really must have thrown him off. He was pitching very well before that. Jiminez has been great and goes today. Your boys get another bad team in Miami. But they do have two good pitchers so if you go up against Fernandez tomorrow watch out

Hey Paul. I hope that your Mets can take care of business and sweep the Pirates with their series beginning tonight. I will be following this series from my MLBatBat on my phone. And as I have stated before: I would rather see the Mets make it to the Playoffs over the Nationals. The reason is because I am not a fan of all the pre-season "hype" that were accorded the Nationals and that they would be the team to beat (just because they signed Max Scherzer) in the National League. However, I do remember one analyst on the MLB Network saying that if the Nationals are going to make it to the 2015 World Series, that their road will probably have to go through Saint Louis.

Anyway, I hope the Mets win and win big.

Thank God Adam Jones hit a 3 run shot to get us back in this thing. Hardy has been pure shit of late. And I do not understand this love affair Buck has with Reinhold. The guy sucks. Cant hit. Fucking bench him already. Where the hell is Pearce? Our pitching is good now that the pen has taken over. Same old story even though I must defend Jiminez for being very good lately. We have 3 innings to get a run or more unanswered. KO ends the Oakland 7th. Now lets get fucking moving. Our big boys are coming up. When you are playing a team whose best player is named after a box of cereal you had best win. Cookoo Cocoa

^^ Yeah, good pitching all around in the game I'm watching. Still waiting for that Mets offense to get a rally going...

. You better start thinking about our two game series pal!. Tuesday your rejuvenated Mets come to town! Davis hit number 34 and only Cruz at 35 is up in HRs. Davis leads in RBIs. A true savior. What is Buck doing? Trying to punish guys? How do you bench Wieters, Joseph and Paredes and others for that little shit they called up and Reimhold who can't hit the broad side of a barn! You do not play these mind games during a pennant race! with the Angels in free fall mode I feel very good about getting at worst the WC. But we must keep winning! The Cubs are 5 up in a WC spot and I hope they get in! I like the Mets chances too but its not a lock. I wonder which Tillman will show up Tues likely vs Mets? Chen owns Oakland so I hope to gain another game on either Toronto or Yankees tomorrow! Lastly, I feel terrible for Boston's manager. I wonder if that is the reason for this shocking wake up ?

I have said this many times and so has the MLB Top Brass and that is the fact that the Saint Louis Cardinals fans are the best Baseball fans in America. Yesterday when Ichiro Suzuki got his hit off the Cardinals at Busch Stadium to surpass Ty Cobb, the Cardinals fans applauded him and Ichiro even tipped his helmet in appreciation of the acknowledgement even though it was in Saint Louis and not Miami.

To me, that just show the respect and appreciation that Saint Louis Fans have for Saint Louis and the whole Baseball Community in General.

Harvey on the mound today--I would hope we can salvage one game from this series. Going in, this was an opportunity to widen the lead for the division race, especially with the Nats having their struggles.

And yes Rick, I'm looking forward to that upcoming 2 game set with the O's. deGrom and Syndergaard going for that one--I like our chances....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Harvey on the mound today--I would hope we can salvage one game from this series. Going in, this was an opportunity to widen the lead for the division race, especially with the Nats having their struggles.

And yes Rick, I'm looking forward to that upcoming 2 game set with the O's. deGrom and Syndergaard going for that one--I like our chances....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

You guys are going to be tougher with DeGrom in my opinion. Tillman going on Monday vs A's so likely you will see Gausman who has been very good lately. Baltimore has a better lineup and a better offense. There is no denying that. You guys have the monster kid on the mound. But Davis can hit fast balls. And hit them far. We are up 5-1 over the As now and the Yankees are down 3-0. Hoping that holds up. I am worried about tomorrow as Sonny Gray goes. And Oakland has lost a zillion in a row it seems so they will want to win for their boy. Just learned Dodgers go to Oakland on Tues and that is music to the Dodgers ears I am sure. Chen has it going. Eating them up. Angels must play at KC again. Yikes. Yankees and O's get the Twins after the Mets 2 gamer. We are going to make a move and in Sept we play all the division rivals. I expect to put an ass whipping on them

Oakland outfields run into each other and its 12-2

Gausman and Jimimez, both who have been very good will go vs Mets. Bring em on

6-1 as Adam Jones just went deep. Seattle has scored a TD vs Red Sox. pay back coming for that ass whipping

PS.. Enjoy the game Esther I know you are at the park

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Well, I don't know which way today's game is going to go, but as I said earlier, if the Mets get swept that would be a big missed opportunity to increase the division lead to about 5 or 6 games. And now it looks like rain may be threatening to stop this game.

And not to look too far ahead, but I think if things shake out with the Cards having the best record in the NL, then the Dodgers and Mets would likely matchup for the division series in October--but, still a lot of baseball left to be played...

Well, I don't know which way today's game is going to go, but as I said earlier, if the Mets get swept that would be a big missed opportunity to increase the division lead to about 5 or 6 games. And now it looks like rain may be threatening to stop this game.

And not to look too far ahead, but I think if things shake out with the Cards having the best record in the NL, then the Dodgers and Mets would likely matchup for the division series in October--but, still a lot of baseball left to be played...

The Cubs should get one of the Wild Cards. Yankees losing and we are up 12-2. Chance to pick one up. 13-2 and you have to see this to believe it. Oakland is the worst fielding team in baseball and showing it. They are diving for balls and missing them. The Keystone Cops are in the outfield.