2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I see Nelson Cruz went deep for Seattle yesterday--still have to think his HR production will be cut down some, given his home ballpark; but Nelson is the kind of guy who can jack them out of any park.

And if last night proved anything, it's that the Mets should already be missing Zach Wheeler in that rotation. Nothing personal against Niese or Dillon Gee, but it would be a totally different ballgame if we had Zach as our 2nd or 3rd starter, going back to back with Harvey and then deGrom. Oh well, life goes on...

Mets up now. Hardy is supposed to be back any day. His absence along with Wieters is killing us right now. Fucking Snider just commited an error costing us 3 runs. We cant get these two stars back fast enough. Hardy might be tomorrow and Wieters likely first week in May. Have to try and just keep our heads above water until then. Today's game could already be lost due to this fuckhead. From the pirates. What were they thinking?

I just checked the Baltimore score--not sure what is happening in the Beltway; Tillman was going today, I'm a bit surprised by the score, but Rick did say there was an error that cost the O's.

Bartolo brought the good smelling "Colon" so far today, though there are times where I wish he would mix in a few more sliders or changeups. Just pumping fastballs down the chute can be a bit dangerous, but so far it's working so I guess I can't do too much griping....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just saw the score of the Yanks/Sawx game--I was expecting Tanaka to get his ass lit up again, but it's Buchholz getting the wood put to him.

The Giants will be alright I think, or maybe this is the year they fall off. It seems like every other year is when they take home the ultimate prize.

deGrom tomorrow in the Mets home opener--I'm looking for the kid to bounce back, although he wasn't terrible in his first start; Mets need to find a way to score more runs in support of the starters...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

I saw the highlights of Miguel Cabrera yesterday--I don't know if anyone was worried about Miggy coming off his "down" season last year, but dude is still without question, the best hitter in all of baseball.

By all reports, the Mets were tearing the cover off the ball during the exhibition season--has yet to translate to the real season; I know Granderson hasn't done jack with the bat yet, aside from drawing a lot of walks. Hopefully, the offense will wake up a little bit today & give deGrom some support...

I saw the highlights of Miguel Cabrera yesterday--I don't know if anyone was worried about Miggy coming off his "down" season last year, but dude is still without question, the best hitter in all of baseball.

By all reports, the Mets were tearing the cover off the ball during the exhibition season--has yet to translate to the real season; I know Granderson hasn't done jack with the bat yet, aside from drawing a lot of walks. Hopefully, the offense will wake up a little bit today & give deGrom some support...

I picked Mets on Streak and bet them today. Hope they come through

How are your Birds looking tonight--Chen has to be a lot better than he was in his first start & Pineda is going for the Yankees; be sure to check his neck for pine tar before the game... :lol:

I am expecting Hardy to play tonight. He has to get in. Matt Wieters we also miss but it looks like first week of May best case. When we have them both back we will have all hands on deck. Then we will be a force on offense. The question then is whether Norris is truly what he was in that shallacking he took. If so, time to get Bundy ready and get someone called up. Jiminez was a very peasant surprise as he threw a 1 hitter. Chen should be ok. I expect us to beat them tonight. They wont get a touchdown like they did vs Boston in first inning. I sure hope Hardy is back. Schoop, Machado and Davis should all have great years. Machado already has been magical with his glove and arm. Now your Mets had a runner on first after he walked at last check. Going to go check score again and maybe watch some.

On one parlay took Mets, Cards and Cubs all minus a run. Cubs won me some money with that miracle comeback

Pirates up 2-0 over Detroit--that's a bit surprising. Washington/Boston should be interesting because I don't think the Sawx are as good as their record would indicate and Washington might still be stinging from losing that series to Philadelphia. I'm guessing most Nats fans expected that Wash should have just thrown their gloves out on the field & beat the Phils.

deGrom in a little bit of trouble now...

Archived