2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The Orioles are on a 3 game losing skid with a record of 7-8.

The Sox are 9-6 and the Yankees are 8-7 and the Jays are the same at 8-7.

Yeah not only does Norris suck, but we are really missing Hardy. Wieters too but Hardy more. Every team goes through it. Yours will too. Nice catch by you center fielder for the Metes Paul. I will not try and spell his name. Starts with an L. Kershaw deserved better than to lose that game. It was a tough fight. San Diego is going to give the NL a run for its money. Beware the Padres

Mets 12-3 and best record in the bigs. Take a picture and a bow Paul, while it lasts. You have those Atlanta Braves tonight. Braves are dogs. I may have to bite. I am watching Quick Pitch because I want to see big poopy's HR that supposedly was longer than Reggie Jackson's tape measure shot in Detroit? I have to see to believe. And I saw him hit it but missed seeing the ball go out. I still think Reggie was in far better shape all around than Ortiz.

Great game for Wong of Cardinals. I can do without an announcer that is a cheerleader though. (Cards)

Juan Lagares would be the name of the Mets center fielder who made that great catch last night. Mets going for 3 straight sweeps today, Bartolo Colon pitching--I have to say I like our chances. Then a weekend series at the bandbox in the Bronx--bragging rights may be on the line in that series; Saturday it's Harvey vs. Sabathia--should be fun, eh Walter? ;)

Juan Lagares would be the name of the Mets center fielder who made that great catch last night. Mets going for 3 straight sweeps today, Bartolo Colon pitching--I have to say I like our chances. Then a weekend series at the bandbox in the Bronx--bragging rights may be on the line in that series; Saturday it's Harvey vs. Sabathia--should be fun, eh Walter? ;)

Yes I saw the catch on Quick Pitch. I hope you guys sweep the Yankees. Wieters now is ahead of Hardy perhaps on rehab and may catch 3 innings in Sarasota Friday. We need them both back. Bad blood between Orioles and Blue Jays, especially Adam Jones and Bautista who is now on DL. Tillman needs to have a good game and we need to put an end to this shit. We play great in Boston and then this? Time to fucking roll the bastards today. I would fear Atlanta today a bit Paul Atlanta is Atlanta. But this Mets team may be for real? I know the Phillies stink. It appears the Marlins stink. So you have Washington and Atlanta to deal with and likely in the end Washington. We have 2 games seperating 5 teams in the AL East. I do not understand Detroit crumbling vs the Yankees? I think they need Verlander back. They have been shalllacked in that series. I took an afternoon parlay SD -1 1/2, Dodgers and Wash.

Yep, it should be fun! You guys are the toast of NYC right now....but with that comes expectations. I surprised the Yanks are where they are right now. But then again, it is April!

I've said it before about Joe Girardi--he's a great manager; does a lot with ballclubs that seemingly don't have a whole lot.

And once again, I'm loving the Mets approach with the bases loaded--you don't need to hit the ball 500 ft., just get a base hit or a bases clearing double and that's all you need...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

I've said it before about Joe Girardi--he's a great manager; does a lot with ballclubs that seemingly don't have a whole lot.

And once again, I'm loving the Mets approach with the bases loaded--you don't need to hit the ball 500 ft., just get a base hit or a bases clearing double and that's all you need...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

How are you getting the Mets feed down yonder Paul? Do you have the MLB package like I do? I have a 4 teamer going also. Cubs, Tigers, Padres and Orioles. $5 to get $68

God awful at bat by Cabrera. 1-0 Tigers but only one hit pr team. WTF

^^ Yep, I'm paying for the MLB package--costly, but it's worth it imo. Braves may be dipping into that bullpen early again today...

Yes its worth it. Now for me, I can get the Mets for free every game just like Yankees. But I have to buy the package to see the Orioles. Just like with you. You likely can get the Tampa games. Its just incredible how they get us.

the Yankee fans here do not have to pay shit. Piss's me off. I have XM Sirus radio also for a two month free trial. When I first bought my new Equinox, a 2014, we had that and On Star. We did not keep the subsriptions because its just not worth it. I have a GPS. But its nice for now to have Sirius. It just takes you a half an hour to find the ball game you want. Crazty. It runs out in late May. Having the MLB channel and paying for it with Direct TV, they should alow us to have it on our cell phones. But no. They have to try and milk us even more. Its $3.99 a game to watch on your cell phone. I am going to try and get it on my Direct TV app. Have not tried yet. Sign into my direct TV app, and go to the channel MLB is on. It should work

What is wrong with Tigers vs Yankees?

Ron Darling brought up something during the Mets broadcast & I think it's a good point--it's not so much what the Mets are doing now during this win streak that will tell you what kind of club they have; it's when they hit that first bump in the road--when you get to that first losing streak of the season, how they will deal with that kind of adversity that will test their mettle, so to speak.

Because you know during a long 162 game season--the Mets will cool off at some point, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it....

Ron Darling brought up something during the Mets broadcast & I think it's a good point--it's not so much what the Mets are doing now during this win streak that will tell you what kind of club they have; it's when they hit that first bump in the road--when you get to that first losing streak of the season, how they will deal with that kind of adversity that will test their mettle, so to speak.

Because you know during a long 162 game season--the Mets will cool off at some point, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it....

Wow...Ron Darling had a cogent thought... :D

So far, early in this 2015 MLB season, the Saint Louis Cardinals have defeated some "Ace" pitchers. Two of which who have just recently signed with new teams for over $150 million plus apiece.

Jon Lester (0-2) and Max Scherzer (1-2).

The other being Johnny Cueto (1-2).

Meanwhile, Michael Wacha of the Cardinals is at 3 wins and 0 losses. The Cardinals "Ace", Adam Wainright is 2 wins and 1 loss.

Baseball brawls usually don't amount to much, but last night's rumble on the Southside of Chicago was definitely worth watching. I'm not sure why Ventura of the Royals was barking at the White Sox batter which seemed to spark that whole fire, but it was entertaining....

boxing5.gif.pagespeed.ce.VoC1U-_DVW.gif

Because of the DH in the American League, Yordano Ventura doesn't have to worry about someone throwing at him, but his teammates may end up wearing a fastball at their noggin because of him. Someone on the Royals definitely needs to pull him aside and have a serious talk with him.

I will keep saying this until it is way past the beginning of the 2015 season and then I will stop and assess the (then) current situation/standings but the best teams in baseball (according to records) currently are the Mets, Cardinals and Dodgers representing the National League and the Royals, Tigers and the Red Sox repping the American League.

Is this the way many thought that the 2015 season would begin?

Can't believe the Yanks are in 1st place in the AL East, even with the season only being at the 1/10th mark. Never would've thought they would even sniff first this season with their lineup.

That's what I love about baseball--not a lot of time to dwell on a tough loss; Mets got their brains beat in yesterday & today they seem to be returning the favor, beating Sabathia all about the head and shoulders. Can Harvey maintain the lead is the question now....

Archived