2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I know that Rick does not want to see or read this but the Saint Louis Cardinals are in 1st place (as usual and expected) and the Baltimore Orioles are currently in last place.

The Cardinals are 12 wins and 4 losses (winning 9 games and losing 1 in their last 10 games). Percentage .750.

The Orioles are 8 wins and 10 losses. Percentage .444

It takes a team more to win games when they are under .500 than it takes for a team over .750 to keep winning games (and the Cardinals are a team that are Fucking relentless and never give up until the final out is made).

I know that Rick does not want to see or read this but the Saint Louis Cardinals are in 1st place (as usual and expected) and the Baltimore Orioles are currently in last place.

The Cardinals are 12 wins and 4 losses (winning 9 games and losing 1 in their last 10 games). Percentage .750.

The Orioles are 8 wins and 10 losses. Percentage .444

It takes a team more to win games when they are under .500 than it takes for a team over .750 to keep winning games (and the Cardinals are a team that are Fucking relentless and never give up until the final out is made).

I am not surprised that the Cards are in first. And being 3 games out of first in last place in April is not exactly reason for panic. ITS APRIL FOR GODS SAKE!!!! We have Hardy and Wieters out. We will have them back. The bigger question for us is what to do with Norris if he does not come around. Also, you are in a shit ass division. . Pure shit.

Any thoughts of me going to Baltimore may have been erased last night. I had enough trouble in DC going to see Zeppelin in 77. I do not need to take on an army of rioters. Another racial backlash against the Cops. I do not blame them for being mad. But the cops dont just kill and fuck over blacks. They have a black commissioner. They would shoot me just as fast

Padres wearing those ugly camouflage uniforms today.

Hey ebk, I'm guessing a Ron Darling-Jim Palmer broadcast team would not be must-see tv.

hahahahahahaha

I have to say, I like Jim Palmer. He's a smart guy and knows a lot about the game. And he and Gary are quite good together. It's just that English may not be his first language sometimes. Like most of us (as you know, I have no room to talk :) )

Hey King. I see Wainright is out for the season. Well how does it feel fella? I do not see your daily bullshit blog? We scored 18 runs on Boston yesterday, and sit 2 out of first. I like our chances big time when Hardy and Wieters return we will get a boost of great proportions. As for your team, let see you lose Wong for a month or two and see if you can hold water even in that shit division. It is not half as competitive as the AL East. You play the Red Sox and Yankees and Blues Jays and Tampa as many times as we do and I guarantee you St Louis would not survive it. I will say this again to you ITS APRIL. is it starting to sink in now that Wainright is gone?

Wainwright is a big injury--maybe big enough for the Cubs or Pirates to take the NL Central; who knows? I do know in this early portion of the season there's a lot of surprises at the top--raise your hand if you had the Astros sitting in first place in the AL West at any point in the season... I didn't think so.

Rays and Yankees sitting atop the AL East--how the hell did that happen, even if it is the end of April. I can't even remember the name of the Rays manager without consulting ESPN's MLB page...

I'm hoping for the Mets to take 2 from the fish then it's a big 4 game series at Citi Field against the Nats. Play ball...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hey King. I see Wainright is out for the season. Well how does it feel fella? I do not see your daily bullshit blog? We scored 18 runs on Boston yesterday, and sit 2 out of first. I like our chances big time when Hardy and Wieters return we will get a boost of great proportions. As for your team, let see you lose Wong for a month or two and see if you can hold water even in that shit division. It is not half as competitive as the AL East. You play the Red Sox and Yankees and Blues Jays and Tampa as many times as we do and I guarantee you St Louis would not survive it. I will say this again to you ITS APRIL. is it starting to sink in now that Wainright is gone?

It sucks and is saddening to me but I am not worried at all. Granted, he is a major pitcher and his absence will missed, but Adam Wainwright is just one player on a very talented and the most consistent team in all of baseball who only pitches once every 5 days or so. The Cardinals lost Yadier Molina, the best catcher in baseball, for the second half of last season and still managed to make it to the 2014 National League Championship Series (their 4th NLCS in a row).

GO CARDINALS!!!

^ Unless this clueless Baltimore mayor gets thrown out / National Guard called in / Martial Law declared - there will be plenty of games there tonight. These rioters are having a blast, not a serious mourner amongst them.

Goddamn fucking Angels. I am sick to my stomach. Ready to renounce my fanship until new management/ownership is brought in.

Today's shenanigans is the last straw. Not that this wasn't foreseeable...back when the Angels first signed Josh Hamilton to that huge contract and people automatically anointed them contenders, I warned everyone to hold on and said this had a better chance of blowing up in the Angels faces.

But to give Josh Hamilton back to Texas and get nothing in return...plus still being on the hook for his contract?!?! What the fuck!

The evidence is clear...the Angels signings of Pujols and Hamilton represent the biggest financial waste in baseball history. Yes, even more than Texas signing A-Roid.

It is a total financial fiasco and embarrassment as an Angel fan, and I refuse to give any more of my time and money and emotional engagement to the current Angel regime.

Big changes need to be made before the club is buried under the weight of its mismanagement.

^ Unless this clueless Baltimore mayor gets thrown out / National Guard called in / Martial Law declared - there will be plenty of games there tonight. These rioters are having a blast, not a serious mourner amongst them.

This post is very succinct in its early foreshadowing of things to come/that are still happening at the time of my post. (1:43 CST - 2:43 EST).

I Love My Country and it also saddens me that such senseless violence and destruction is happening now in Baltimore and as recently in Ferguson, Missouri (or any American city for that matter).

If only those thousands of African-Americans that are "having a blast" concentrated on supporting the Orioles, maybe the Orioles would not be in last place in the AL East.

I just hope that ebk is safe and sound and staying away from this senseless nonsense.

This post is very succinct in its early foreshadowing of things to come/that are still happening at the time of my post. (1:43 CST - 2:43 EST).

I Love My Country and it also saddens me that such senseless violence and destruction is happening now in Baltimore and as recently in Ferguson, Missouri (or any American city for that matter).

If only those thousands of African-Americans that are "having a blast" concentrated on supporting the Orioles, maybe the Orioles would not be in last place in the AL East.

I just hope that ebk is safe and sound and staying away from this senseless nonsense.

You are so damn ignorant. What does this have to do with us being in second last place in the AL East. Which translates to 2 1/2 games back of the Yankees who we won our series with and we are better than. Check back in a month and its still going to be very early in a marathon season. What the fuck do the standings mean right now? Nothing. 3 games separate 5 teams and its APRIL!!!!! When is that going to sink into that thick skull of yours?

We need the police to lock up all of these criminals and toss you in with them

Its also so stupid of you to think this is not having an effect on the Orioles and the White Sox you fool

I'm not sure when and if baseball will be ready to be played in Baltimore? I think the commish was talking last night about possibly moving the games with the White Sox to the Nationals home ballpark as a temporary solution--don't know if MLB is still kicking that idea around; maybe the MLB Central show will have an update at 10:00.

I'm not sure when and if baseball will be ready to be played in Baltimore? I think the commish was talking last night about possibly moving the games with the White Sox to the Nationals home ballpark as a temporary solution--don't know if MLB is still kicking that idea around; maybe the MLB Central show will have an update at 10:00.

I heard the same Paul. And its very possible. Not sure of the Nats schedule but I am about to go look. This sucks. We score 18 runs and then this

Not to try and turn this into a political thread, but has President O. weighed in on the Baltimore riots yet? I would think the only thing that might quell these idiots is if the Commander in Chief brings in the heavy artillery.

This is a great point and I thought about it earlier this morning. He is going to have to step in. The fact he is black and respected by those that are doing this can possibly end it. He should have taken action by now IMO unless he is tied up with the situation in Napal. That is the only thing that would be more urgent

I'm fine. Don't have tickets again until Sunday. We'll see what's up then.

Thank you for the sentiment.

Archived