2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I can understand why ebk was upset--even if the ump thought Jimenez was intentionally drilling someone, don't you at least give him a warning before tossing him?!?

You can't win a pennant in April, but you might be able to lose one if you hit the skids too badly & the G-Men may be on the verge--but there's still plenty of time for San Fran to right the ship.

Mets.... dance-smiley.gif

Wow, 3 times the Orioles have loaded the bases in this game & so far, they've come away with zero runs. Whether that comes back to bite them remains to be seen....

It's the O's. Of course it will.

Seems like the O's have been using that pen a lot--of course, last night you had to go to the pen because of the ump tossing Jimenez, but it would be nice if the starters could go a bit deeper in the games, I would think.

We are living in a day and age where you're lucky to get 7 out of your starting pitcher, though...

Seems like the O's have been using that pen a lot--of course, last night you had to go to the pen because of the ump tossing Jimenez, but it would be nice if the starters could go a bit deeper in the games, I would think.

We are living in a day and age where you're lucky to get 7 out of your starting pitcher, though...

Yes I was watching another game last nigh, having the full package I cannot remember which but the announcer said that the goal in this day and age is to get 6-7 out of your starter. You then bring in your set up man and then your closer. Back in the 70s many complete games were pitched by the likes of Palmer, Seaver, and Blue

As of this moment, and I know that it is real early in the 2015 MLB season, this is the current teams from each division with the best records.

National League:

New York Mets: 9-3 (NL East)

Los Angeles Dodgers: 8-3 (NL West)

Saint Louis Cardinals: 7-3 (NL Central)

American League:

Detroit Tigers: 9-2 (AL Central)

Boston Red Sox: 7-4 (AL East)

Oakland Athletics: 6-6 (AL West)...

^^ And no reason to think that the Cards won't repeat in the Central, again. I mean, lets look at that division--The Reds can't beat St. Louis in a series, the Brewers stink, the Pirates are average at best & the Cubs, in my book are still a year or 2 away from serious contention. So, wrap it up, the Cards will be your NL Central champs by year's end.

I'm feeling a little nervous about today's game--I hate to predict a 4-game sweep because anything in this game is possible & I believe Harvey has had some less than spectacular starts going against the Fish, so if I were a betting man I would stay away from the Mets today.

King Felix was filthy last night & I'll say it again--the Giants will be ok by season's end....

Bases loaded and the Mets hitters--to their credit--not trying to do too much and blast one out of the park, just took what the pitcher was giving them; couple of base hits, a walk and a bases clearing double and now Harvey has a 5-run lead to play with--I love it...

:yay:

Bases loaded and the Mets hitters--to their credit--not trying to do too much and blast one out of the park, just took what the pitcher was giving them; couple of base hits, a walk and a bases clearing double and now Harvey has a 5-run lead to play with--I love it...

:yay:

I took the Mets today Flaherty just hit one over the center field wall to tie the game 3-3 in Boston. Gonzalez has settled down and we are coming up. 7-1 Mets. I have them with Tigers who are up 5-0 and the Nats who are 0-0

^^ Taking the Mets seems to be the right move & now you know why I'm not much of a gambler--no way would I have expected a 4 game sweep even with Harvey going today. No help from the Blue Jays however--where the hell did the Braves come from; although I still have my doubts about whether Atlanta will be able to hang in the race as the season wears on.

Detroit appears to be indestructible in this early part of the year--and Verlander is still on the DL (oh my)...

Casualties of the game--Mets lose Jerry Blevins and Travis d'Arnaud to injury...

Oh those dirty Mutts. I cant trust them for shit. 7-6 now and they will likely blow this game. RRRRRRR. Orioles taking care of business in Boston so far. Fat ass Ortiz shown the door

8-3 Baltimore

Archived