2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

^^ When I say the Cubs killed my streak, I meant that they actually "won" the game & I had picked the Cardinals. Damn Cubs.... :mad:

Awww man, that sucks. Sorry you got knocked out so soon.

I'll be watching the Giants & Dodgers all season unless the bottom falls out of either team.

160 to go.

You probably get to see more Dodger games than those of us in L.A. The standoff between Direct TV and the Dodgers Channel is still at an impasse.

You probably get to see more Dodger games than those of us in L.A. The standoff between Direct TV and the Dodgers Channel is still at an impasse.

I do have DISH but it seems they show the damned Yankees more than anything. Same with the local stations.

Did I really say the Braves were throwing in the towel for 2015? 3-0 & at the top of the division--shows how much I know, but then again, the Bravos were probably playing a team worse off than them. We'll see what Atlanta does in a day when they host my Mets--although no Harvey or deGrom likely for that series, hmmmm.....

Did I really say the Braves were throwing in the towel for 2015? 3-0 & at the top of the division--shows how much I know, but then again, the Bravos were probably playing a team worse off than them. We'll see what Atlanta does in a day when they host my Mets--although no Harvey or deGrom likely for that series, hmmmm.....

It is strange seeing Nick Markakis who I will always love playing for Atlanta. And he is off to a great start with them. The Cubs will be tough as I have been saying all along. Yes I bet the Nats but it got me no where as I took the O's to sweep. My mistake. I did not know the bench was depleted. Hardy is due back the weekend. What a sight for sore eyes he will be as well as Wieters when he is ready. Snider we got from Pittsburgh. His numbers there were not bad but he is no Wieters or Markakis. Some strange names around as I am not up to speed on all the moves. Way to early to panic Kingzoso. I mean, early is an understatement. Its a marathon. You can be 1-9 and win the division. so the big bad Red Sox went down in Philly showing they too are human. I almost took Harvey and the Mutts today but I stuck my neck out on another two teamer. Check me for insanity. Twins and White Sox plus a run and half. I took the Twins to win straight up and White Sox plus run and half. But my serious bets are on hockey. Milwaukee is looking horrible or is Colorado going to be a sleeper? Maybe a little of both? Gonzalez pitched a great game for the Orioles but no run support. I do not know whey Buck sat Pearce as the man is on fire? I have to check for injury status? Hardy has a little soreness in non throwing arm thank God. Wieters is throwing and awaiting word to swing the lumber. Cannot be soon enough as his bat is a big one. All in all I am happy. Machado made another highlight reel throw out that was challenged and maybe he got a gift on the call but regardless, its a play only he could have made. He is a fucking monster at 3rd base. He has no equal. I think there is a fair chance the Yankees are expecting too much from fat ass Sabathia today. Expect the Blue Jays to wrack em and pack em and stack em. I fear that team more than anyone in the East. More than Boston or Yankees for sure.

Although we're 2-0 (against the Twinkies), the TIgers have already shown why I couldn't pick them to repeat in the Central Division. We have lots of question marks, and we've already lost Nathan and Verlander to injury. You can't lose two starting pitchers of Scherzer and Porcello quality without having an effect on your team. Our bullpen wasn't improved either, and may even be worse on paper then last year. About the only improvement was defensively. Getting Iglasius back and adding Cespedes in right are both improvements. We'll see, but for the first time in many years I'm a bit skeptical. The Twins will be lucky to avoid a 100 losses this year. The AL Central has become a formidable division.

How can the Chicago Cubs hope to unseat the Saint Louis Cardinals and the other teams in the National League Central if the Chicago Cubs organization cannot even renovate the restrooms at Wrigley Field? I just read in the Sports section in USA Today that fans on Opening Day had to wait in line for 30 minutes or longer just to take a piss (both Male and Female). The Cubs can shell out a 100 million or more dollars on a pitcher that pitches once every 5 days, but cannot input more money (and time) to accommodate the thousands of fans that attend their games when the fans have to relieve themselves. To me, that is beyond ludicrous.

If my hometown or favorite Baseball team has and had such a losing season year after year, I would probably be so dejected that I would probably give up on said team. Luckily, for me, my team is and will always be a Post-Season and World Series Contender.

Still basking in the afterglow of Matt Harvey--dude really is must see tv. Looking ahead to today, the O's might have a little stiffer test than Tampa when they host the Jays today. Mark Buerhle is the very definition of a "crafty lefty" and the Jays can mash--probably as good as the O's can hit the ball. I'm guessing that will be a high scoring series.

Jonathon Niese may not bring the sizzle of a Matt Harvey, but hopefully he'll be solid tonight & we can take a chunk out of the Braves in Atlanta...

If my hometown or favorite Baseball team has and had such a losing season year after year, I would probably be so dejected that I would probably give up on said team.

Now there's a real fan everybody!

Archived