2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

At some point, the Mets have to take advantage of the Philadelphia bloopers. A base hit is all you need to get a run home...

Damnit... smiley-angry002.gif

2-0. All I need is the Mets to hang on. But these bastard Phillies fuck me every time with a late run like yesterday. The Cubs won me two parlays thank God but I have Mets, Cards and Cubs all minus 1 1/2 and need the Mets to win by two. Man on already. I also have them just to win with O's and another team

Are the BoSox really this good in the early part of the season or are the Nats just under-performing--not that I'm broken up about the Nats struggles or as Bill Parcells famously said "You are what your record says you are."

But, it's still April--no reason for Nats fans to jump off the cliff, yet....

Are the BoSox really this good in the early part of the season or are the Nats just under-performing--not that I'm broken up about the Nats struggles or as Bill Parcells famously said "You are what your record says you are."

But, it's still April--no reason for Nats fans to jump off the cliff, yet....

I dont know. I know Washington is not as bad as they are playing. And I know the Red Sox let the Yankees score a TD in the first inning Sunday. I cannot believe Buck Showalter left Tommy Hunger in with a 4-2 lead in the 7th and with 3 left handed batters in a row. Having to listen to the Yankee broadcast every time the O's play them, being in NY, sucks. So he serves up a grand slam with two outs and costs us the win. Buck's fault for not bringing Matusz in when he had him ready and staring at the bench in amazement that he did not pull Hunter. Well we paid the price for his bad decision. And when the fuck is Hardy coming back? I heard the weekend last weekend. Some soreness in non throwing shoulder. We need him and Wieters back in the lineup and we need to re evaluate the staring rotation. I knew its real early. But i am worried about Norris. I think he is scheduled tomorrow. Jiminez was a very pleasant surprise in his first game. Your Cardinals stuck it in my ass yesterday King. I bet them

Miguel Gonzalez vs. CC Sabathia tonight--the numbers say this matchup should favor the O's, but you never know how this funny game of baseball will work. Of course, I'll be busy tonight watching another game--The Man is pitching tonight...

bowdown.gif7064846.jpg

Dumb ass Buck should have known better than to leave Hunter in with a 2 run lead in the 7th with 3 lefties coming up and Matusz ready to go. WTF was he thinking? We need Hardy back yesterday. He was supposed to play on the weekend. Maybe tonight? And Wieters too. First week in May. I love the Cubs tonight with Jake pitching. Going for W6 on the Streak with the Cubs and took them minus a run on off shores. Took Mets once, and have SD, O's once, Tigers once, and Nationals with Tigers on one. Nats and Tigers both dogs.

Sorry to get off topic here but I feel that I have to defend Myself against stupid and ignorant people such as walter.Does a dimwitted person use a word like "dejected"? I bet some people and perhaps yourself do not even know what the word dejected even means. You probably had to google it to find out the meaning of it. Does a dimwitted person use proper spelling and proper punctuation such as commas etc... in the right places in a sentence? Does a dimwitted person buy a $2 newspaper, the USA TODAY, and read it every day Mondays through Friday? Or read books that are over 1,000 pages in length (A Song of Ice and Fire... the books that the HBO series "Game of Thrones" is based on)? I do not think so. So you can refrain from calling Me dimwitted because I am a very intelligent person. I would imagine that I have way more knowledge of Led Zeppelin and their history then you could possibly have and could not possibly comprehend.How do know that I do not have a girlfriend? I have had dozens and dozens of girlfriend in My life. I have never been married because that is a personal choice. I would rather have 2 or 3 girlfriends simultaneously than 1 wife. That makes for a better variety of women and not just one woman.I am going to Las Vegas to see the great band, Rush, on my own because none of my other friends can afford the roughly $1,000 just to go there, not counting the other monies it takes to gamble and have a great time while there, however short a trip. I can afford it because I work hard and do a good job at saving My money.So, whatever you want to say about me, I could actually care less because you mean nothing to Me. Words are just that, words. Rather harmless unless you are weak enough to let them hurt you and words from an ignorant stranger will never hurt me. I really think that you are, in fact, a very miserable person.As for ebk, if there was "dislike" button on this site, well...GO CARDINALS!!!Especially sorry to Paul Carruthers because I can tell that he is a really decent and honest person (even though I do not know him personally). Thanks Paul!!!

All I can say is WOW! You can't make this sh!t up....

Well Walter, we know the stadium in the Bronx will be closed for business come October. :P But seriously, October baseball in Queens would be nice.

Mets finally get a big hit with the bases loaded, giving Harvey a 3 run cushion. The only problem is, the Phillies pitcher has plunked 2 of the Mets. Unintentional I think--but I have to wonder if Harvey is going to try and drill one of the Phillies now, I certainly hope not.

Paul, I truly hope you are not dejected tonight should your Mets not defeat the Phillies.

Btw, just trying out a new "big word" my bestie Chris introduced to me tonight. Never learned words like that while in high school, college, or graduate school. ;)

Well Walter, we know the stadium in the Bronx will be closed for business come October. :P But seriously, October baseball in Queens would be nice.

You are correct, sir! With both statements. I never pull for the Mets, unless it's against the Red Sux or Braves, but I really am going to pull for them this year. It's been a long dry spell and you are obviously a true fan for sticking with them. My wife's family are true Cardinals fans and they have always been my favorite NL team - mainly due to my grandfather. My father-in-law spent a lot of time at their training facility this spring. He is die-hard! Good luck tonight!

:peace:

This has been one of the weirdest games of this short season, so far. Harvey drills Utley--I was hoping he wouldn't do that in a 1-run game but the warnings were issued & hopefully this BS is over for now. Then some bullshit catcher's interference call against the Mets and the Phils have the bases loaded now after Terry Collins got run. Harvey gets out of the bases loaded jam... whew, I may need to towel off after this game....

Edited by paul carruthers

This has been one of the weirdest games of this short season, so far. Harvey drills Utley--I was hoping he wouldn't do that in a 1-run game but the warnings were issued & hopefully this BS is over for now. Then some bullshit catcher's interference call against the Mets and the Phils have the bases loaded now after Terry Collins got run. Harvey gets out of the bases loaded jam... whew, I may need to towel off after this game....

You should have seen fucking de Aza drop a fly ball and give the Yankees a free run. Now its 4-3 Orioles in the 9th with O's batting. Need Zach Britton to seal the deal as Gonzalez pitched a gem. He deserves this. Terrible drop by De Aza. The Nationals are really pissing me off. Down 8-7 after being up 7-5. Where is there pitching? Maybe your Mets will win the East

I tremble at the thought of Norris pitching again after the fiasco vs Toronto. He had best pitch better tonight or he must be removed from the rotation. I would have gone with Jiminez who was great first outing and won the game with a 1 hitter. Norris has an era of 24. The Yankees are likely licking their chops but their guy is no gem either. This game might be 13-12. Unless Norris wakes up. I have little doubt we will score some runs. I hope the Nationals wake up and go in an fucking wreck Boston today. But the Nats pitching has been horrendous. We go there this weekend and they will be in a foul mood no doubt.

I'm still kind of drained after that bizarre game the Mets won last night. Bizarre and kind of sad, now that we've lost David Wright to a pulled hamstring--got to wait on an MRI to see how bad it is, but my gut tells me Wright may be lost for a good amount of time. smiley-sad006.gif

I was checking Boston's schedule, because I still have trouble believing they are 6-2 good--don't get me wrong, the Sawx beating the piss out of the Nats is wonderful for me, but there is a 4 game series with the O's on the horizon--that should tell me a lot more about the Sawx.

Nelson Cruz not missing a beat so far in this early part of the season....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif