2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Okay...let's see if this works

9dc6cc0e-c4a9-48de-8928-4aed9eedb6ec_zps

It was a fabulous evening. Rick, it was wonderful meeting you and your lovely wife. Great game - I'm sure Chris Davis played so well just for your wife!! :)

Please come back soon!!

Hey! Thanks Esther for everything and a wonderful time!! Great restaurant too! Fabulous! We got home a few hours ago and its been a crazy day. Talk soon!. Thanks for posting this!!! I see we are winning again!

I guess Detroit is waving the white flag as far as this season goes--just heard during the Mets broadcast that David Price is headed to the Blue Jays; I guess Toronto just solved their pitching issues.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out last night's mess--the supposed trade with Milwaukee that would have given us Carlos Gomez; it seems just as soon as the news broke last night, the deal fell through.

At any rate, the Mets currently up 4-0 on the Padres--then a big series with the Nats (oh my)...

Hmmm, suddenly that 7-1 lead the Mets had has been cut to 7-5--the Mets bullpen always making things more interesting than they should be.... :rolleyes:

Even worst now buddy. 8-7 bad guys. Rain delay in 9th!!! I know it rained because Saratoga is a freakin mess. Have horses running there and Del Mar

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the umps didn't call this game official after the 1st rain delay, when the Mets had 1 out to go to seal the victory--and then after that long delay (I'm not sure how long it was) what the hell is Terry Collins thinking bringing Familia out to pitch again. You mean to tell me there's not another arm in the pen who could have gotten the last out. Fuckers!

smiley-angry019.gif

Edited by paul carruthers

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the umps didn't call this game official after the 1st rain delay, when the Mets had 1 out to go to seal the victory--and then after that long delay (I'm not sure how long it was) what the hell is Terry Collins thinking bringing Familia out to pitch again. You mean to tell me there's not another arm in the pen who could have gotten the last out. Fuckers!

smiley-angry019.gif

. You guys have a huge game and series tomorrow! I like the Mets to win tomorrow w Harvey. We almost overcame a shit game by Miguel who I like. Tomorrow we murder them. Minimal damage as Yankees lost. I hope Kershaw does a number on the Angels and he Seattle beats the Twins

Debbie%20pics%20039_zpszhfhwjj9.jpg

Told you I was not in my 70s King. Me at Camden

Nice picture, however, I notice that you need help standing up. I am just kidding. That was a joke so please do not take that personally, just my twisted sense of humor.

I did notice that the Orioles almost made a good comeback in last nights game only to fall short.

The Cardinals and the Rockies seemed to have a very tense game with hit batsmen on both sides. The Cardinals were down 8-6 in the 9th inning only to get the bases loaded with no outs. Molina popped out. 1 out and bases still loaded. The Rockies pitcher walked in the winning run. Cardinals 9 - Rockies 8.

I don't know if I should be excited or not--given how the last deal the Mets reportedly made fell through--but I just clicked over to MLB Network and apparently, the Mets have gotten Yoenis Cespedes from the Tigers....

Yes they have indeed. I just got the word. And we got Parra from Milwuakee and go see this guys numbers!!!!! Great!!!!!!!

Well we got much needed help in the outfield and your boys got put on the map now Paul with 3 big arms and a power hitter. You might be able to beat the Nats out for that East division? You have a shot. Better shot at the division than a wild card it would appear? As for us, same thing maybe? But I am not ruling out the division by any means. They must come to Baltimore. And we need to get rolling again after an untimely bad outing by Miguel Gonzalez who has been stellar this year. We have us a race!

I'm still puzzling over the Cole Hamels trade to Texas. Pissed the Angels didn't get him but would have thought some other contender would go after him. I mean a real contender...not the Rangers.

Even though I am the only person on this baseball topic that Loves the Saint Louis Cardinals (again of which I am totally cool with), why is it that no one else seems to at least acknowledge and maybe somewhat appreciate that the Saint Louis Cardinals are and have been the Best and most Dominant Team since day one of the 2015 season? For whatever reasons that yous people do not like the Cardinals (because of Me or because They are such a great and consistent winning team year after year) I would expect a little "Hey, I do not like the Cardinals but I do realize that they are and will always be a Great Baseball Team, etc..."). I see and read none of that from anyone who posts on this topic. Since that is the case, I will definitely continue to spout and espouse what is a well known fact in the real Baseball circles but not in this topic. If the Cardinals do happen to lose a few games in a row, I will not and never make "excuses" but will acknowledge that as well (even though I don't think that that will happen to much this season).

One win tomorrow night and the "Mighty Redbirds" will officially be 30 games above the .500 mark (.650). Again, anyone name me another MLB team that can make that same claim. Certainly not the Baltimore Orioles who are, at this very moment, at a paltry 49 wins and 49 losses and at least 7 games behind the NYY.

Edited to add: if any other MLB team was doing as great as the Cardinals are doing so far this year, I would have the honor and decency to acknowledge whatever team that would be. I have the utmost respect for all MLB teams.

If the Cards make the World Series I will root for them of course and not because they are National League, but because they were my Dad's team.

GO GIANTS!

Trying to get to the game tonight. Traffic not cooperating. :mad:

Traffic sucks! Good luck there.

Good thing I'm not at the O's game tonight. At this point, I would wish to be caught in traffic...

Tomorrow - Bird bobblehead! We will be early!!

Ebk, so glad you and Rick were able to meet up at Camden Yards. Hopefully we will be able to do the same, down here at Spring Training, sometime in the future! Still wanna check out that steakhouse you love down in Tampa! :)

Ebk, so glad you and Rick were able to meet up at Camden Yards. Hopefully we will be able to do the same, down here at Spring Training, sometime in the future! Still wanna check out that steakhouse you love down in Tampa! :)

This coming March, for sure! Last year was the first time in 20ish years we didn't go, and I'm having withdrawal!! :)