2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Way to dance around trouble for Syndergaard--this looks like a game that will come down to the bullpens tonight...

Now that your boy is out I am certain we have the better pen. But nothing is a guarantee in this game as I just saw Swoboda fucking turn back the clock to 1969. Well, it was not as good as Swaboda's catch or Cleon Jones but it was good. Hardy hit a nice one. I do not understand why Buck allows these kids to come up and take tryouts in a pennant race? Pearce's absence has hurt. Uerrtia or however you spell it had best gets some hits soon or he will be shown the way back to Norfolk. Schoop gets a bit of Vindication for last nights fiasco. This pitcher we have there is another experiment that just backfired. So now he puts a real pitcher in. We must rebound again and we are very good at it

Right after they get Cespedes I expected Buck to go to O'Day,. He pays the price for waiting. Unreal. Hopefully no damage will be done but if there is its his fault. Stupid. Matusz is ok, but is not O'Day or Brach. The Sillies beat Toronto. I should be celebrating if I did not bet the shit bags

We will take it. The way this race is going. The Blue Jays lose to the phillies. Incredible. Well the kid has saved his return to AAA at least for now. I think we get the Twins. These Mets announcers seem to have some fear of the Rockies. I know its a pitchers nightmare even more than Baltimore. I have to see who the rest of the AL East has coming up. The Mets are in good shape now in the East but we all know how fast things can change

The Nats were smelling blood but the NL rules did them in in the 6th. Bases juiced and Strasburg has a 2 hitter going. so you have to leave him in. Hits into double play. Inning over. Waste. I hate the NL rules

Edited by LedZeppfan77

The Nats were smelling blood but the NL rules did them in in the 6th. Bases juiced and Strasburg has a 2 hitter going. so you have to leave him in. Hits into double play. Inning over. Waste. I hate the NL rules

Or they should just get rid of the DH! :D I know, not after 40+ years...

The Orchid's pitching really well. And in Colorado, where people don't pitch really well. Now if the Nats could just score a couple of runs.

Well, that didn't suck at all :)

Urrutia seems like a nice kid. Hope he manages to stick around.

Too deep a lineup for him to be in this year when all hands are on deck. I would much rather have Pearce up there at crunch time. I am happy he hit it out but it was a fly out in many other ball parks. We need to be totally healthy. The Twins come in tonight. The Indians go to play the Yankees. The Indians have a couple of pitchers that could make life tough on the Yankees. Maybe a slight step up in competition at least on recent play. But I would be surprised if we got a ton of help from them. And beating the Twins is never a sure thing. You have to score, as they can score. As far as the Mets, they should be able to hit the ball at Coors field also. So not sure where all the fear is coming from? They are one of the worst teams in baseball. But the Phillies were too and they beat the Jays yesterday and like the Mets announcer pointed out they have been better recently. So has Boston for some reason? They got rid of some huge players, but maybe the announcement of their manager's diagnosis, which is just sad to hear, gave them a spark. When Ortiz comes to play, he is nobody you want to see at the plate. so lets beat these Twins and then see how things look. I am about to go see if by some miracle the White Sox beat the Angels. I hope so

The Baltimore Orioles were No-Hit a week ago and then last night they were murdered by the Minnesota Twins. 15-2. At the rate that the Orioles are playing, they will not make the Play-Offs this year.

As usual, and as a matter of great consistency, the Saint Louis Cardinals will make the 2015 Post-Season for the 14th time in 15 years.

I think that all Baltimore Orioles fans should convert to being Saint Louis Cardinals fans. At the very least, you can expect the Cardinals to be World Series contenders on a consistent basis, year after year. Not so much with the Orioles. They lack the experience, fortitude and acumen that a team like the Cardinals have and exemplify. If I am wrong, why is it that the Saint Louis Cardinals have the second most World Series Titles/wins in the whole History of Baseball?

Edited by kingzoso

I think that all Saint Louis Cardinals fans should convert to being New York Yankees fans. At the very least, you can expect the Yankees to win the World Series on a consistent basis. 27 Yankee titles to 11 for the Cardinals.

I think that all Saint Louis Cardinals fans should convert to being New York Yankees fans. At the very least, you can expect the Yankees to win the World Series on a consistent basis. 27 Yankee titles to 11 for the Cardinals.

Nah. Too much drama in the Big Apple for me to convert to being a Yankees fan. Plus, like I said, the Saint Louis Cardinals are consistently atop the baseball pyramid every year. Year after year and that is good enough for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Does any team even want the 2nd AL Wildcard ? The Tigers traded David Price, lost 3 other starters, Verlander's won 1 game in a year and a half, and we're stll only 3.5 out of contention ? What the hell ? Somebody please sweep our sorry asses !

Miggy needs 120 or so at bats to qualify for the batting title...could happen.

Well, I guess if the Mets are hellbent on skipping Harvey for a start, this would be the series to do it--playing in that nightmare of a hitter's park in Colorado. The Nats lost again, so now the lead is 5 games, but I won't start feeling comfortable until the end of the regular season...

Welcome to SF Marlon Byrd! He hits a homer in his first plate appearance, plus a double and a single! The Mad Bum gets his fifteenth win and fifth home run, too. Giants close to within 1 1/2 games behind the Dodgers, closest they've been this month, they're taking on LA next week and Byrd is .331 lifetime against da bums. Go Giants!

It seems as though the only National League team that the Saint Louis Cardinals have a tough time defeating just happens to be the San Diego Padres. In the past two games, the Cardinals have been beaten and outscored by a total of 17 - 3. The Padres are the only team to have a .500 or better against the Cardinals this season. They have won four games out of six. To me, that says a lot about how good the Saint Louis Cardinals are against every other National League team.

A tip of me (baseball) hat to the San Diego Padres.

Where the hell did the Texas Rangers come from? From seemingly out of nowhere, Texas now has a hold of the 2nd Wild Card while the Angels and Orioles remain in striking distance. Should be a fun race to watch as the season winds down...

Here's a good article explaing what's going on with the boys:

http://snewsi.com/id/15318880678

"They've done it by going 20-13 since the All-Star break, the second best record in the AL next to Toronto.

The Rangers (62-59) rank second in the league with a .276 batting average and 5.12 runs per game since the break. Colby Lewis is tied for the AL lead with 14 wins, 10 of them coming since June 2. Shawn Tolleson has saved 24 games in 25 chances since May 20."

Rangers win again....but the Astros keep winning too, so its going to be head to head for Texas. We play Houston 8 more times this season, and the Angles 7. The schedules worked out nice this year....lots more baseball to be played.

Welcome to SF Marlon Byrd! He hits a homer in his first plate appearance, plus a double and a single! The Mad Bum gets his fifteenth win and fifth home run, too. Giants close to within 1 1/2 games behind the Dodgers, closest they've been this month, they're taking on LA next week and Byrd is .331 lifetime against da bums. Go Giants!

I guess the stinkin' Dodgers think they can buy their way to a championship with their nearly $300 million dollar payroll.

GO GIANTS!! :)

Well, that was a fun season - certainly better than I expected it to be. But it's pretty much done now.

At least I won't be spending a boatload of money on postseason tickets...

This season is over. Hardy is finished with his groin. But I am shocked by the two errors that killed us. Little league plays. No recovering from this IMO. Not deep enough in established pitchers in the pen now that Hunter is gone. Buck Showalter has done a horrendous job over the weekend of burying our hopes. But he had lots of help from guys that should have played better. At least they are only 22 years old and should learn from it. But who will be back is the big questioin. Its a disgrace to lose to this team and even though they are still mathmatically in the race with the Yankees recent woes and the Angels not running away, I say they are finished with the recent injuries anyway. Time to access the starting rotation and make some big changes. I keep Chen and Gausman for sure. And O Day and I like what I see from Garcia. I have no idea who is on the UFA list? Wieters for sure. About to change to my Bills logo

My visit was the equivalent of the curse of the Hope Diamond. I cursed my own team. sorry

Edited by LedZeppfan77