2015 NFL Thread

Walter

That's an ironic statement coming from you, Rick. I'll let the play on the field do the talking. You should just worry if your team will make the playoffs sometime this century, instead of telling me how bad they'll beat the Cowboys.

All I know is, I haven't been as excited as I am for this season - as a Cowboys fan - in a long time. The reports out of Valley Ranch are very encouraging right now. But, it is only June. All the pieces are there. The second youngest team, with the second lowest payroll is a good start with all that talent, depth, and workman attitude.

The so called experts are full of shit this year. They can play it safe and pick New England but its going to go South on them. I have a lot of faith in this years Bills team. They are not the same Bills. And the Eagles are the team you guys need to worry about. Not the Giants or Wash. Two team race. I say Dallas gets in for sure. Might even get to the SB? But Seattle may still have the best team? They gave the SB away and Carroll did not seem to be that hurt by it. I still cant believe that play. Rex Ryan will bring some good things to the table but we already had the pieces in place to take the next step. I do not see why Miami is getting so much love from the media. Just because of our past QB problems they seem to think Miami is ahead of us. We have beat them 3 of last 4 head up. And we did split with New England last year. We will get at least a split if not sweep them. Brady is a certain no go in game two. We must take advantage and pound whoever they have back there. Our key guy may be Gilmour. He has to be as advertized and take the next step. We have a ton of talent. 4 good receivers, 3 good running backs, two which are great. A solid defense, only Seattle may be in their class. Best front defensive line in the NFL hands down. That is going to be big. We must win the games we are expected to win early. Like the Giants and Jacksonville. Cannot let teams like the Jests beat us. And I do not see it. I am surprised Revis went back there. He is there right? Dumb ass. We are not only on Monday night football again, but on prime several times and you can bet the Dallas game will be big on Fox and I am sure Troy will do the game. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Oh, and this OJ bullshit movie is a joke. that bastard is where he belongs. But he should have gotten the death penalty rather than have that racist pig jury let him off. Wilson is gone, time to remove him from the wall. Pete Rose cannot get in the Hall for what? Gambling? What a joke. Take Simpson out. That would be a punishment that would really hit him. Kills me how many like Kato used this as a springboard to get famous. He is a fucking hippy punk with nothing going for him but the fame he got from this travesty of the century. Why don't they wake up and take Simpson down? Or is it going to piss off black america once again? Yesterday a white guy was shot by the cops here. Lets see if that makes national news?

I've never been impressed with Todd Bowles. Cromartie is a POS, IMO. But yeah, that culture takes a long time to get rid of. The AFC East will be a very interesting division, that's for sure!

Here's the news I like to read:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000496672/article/evan-mathis-released-by-philadelphia-eagles

Release arguably the best guard in football, after acquiring the most injury prone qb. Demarco isn't gonna have the line in Philly he had in Dallas, that's for sure!

Oh gawd the Eagles suck. The Taters suck. The Giants are slipping. As it should be obvious by now, your Dallas Cowboys have a free ride in the NFC East.

Yes, the NFC East will be probably a trainwreck to watch--the Cowboys have to be considered the favorite right now, but I have a feeling over the course of the season, the Boys will make it interesting; nobody is going to run and hide with the East....

Edited by paul carruthers

I have a sad feeling that the AFC East will be the same as its always been--more Patriot domination...

smiley-sad006.gif

Reverse psychology, eh? Or just a beaten down, abused fan....;)

The Dolphins have weapons they haven't had for years - on both sides of the ball.

All the AFC East teams have bolstered just about every area - except at QB. It almost seems they are just waving a white flag, there. This Tom Brady suspension really does become a big deal, if the Patriots get in the position of having to play catchup.

I'll have to give the Cowboys credit for building such a dominant OL, while the Giants let theirs decay a few years ago. And every time they try to pickup a proven OL player, he gets a season ending injury. Doubt they will try to sign this Mathis guy just released by the Eagles - if he wasn't happy with over 5 mil a year, and didn't start almost half the time with his own injury history...

All the AFC East teams have bolstered just about every area - except at QB. It almost seems they are just waving a white flag, there. This Tom Brady suspension really does become a big deal, if the Patriots get in the position of having to play catch up.

Last season in the first 4 games the Pats were 2-2 with Brady at QB,...

His hearing is next week.

I believe you are dead wrong Paul. You cannot see the writing on the wall? Brady will be sitting for a quarter of the season. With or without him they will not have it easy. They have not had a good draft in ages and they have basically one weapon. A tight end. Buffalo can stop all of that with their defense which I assure you will be a monster. And Cassel and EJ will slug it out. I am confident both can succeed with the talent they have put together. I will say right now the Buffalo Bills win the East.

I believe you are dead wrong Paul. You cannot see the writing on the wall? Brady will be sitting for a quarter of the season. With or without him they will not have it easy. They have not had a good draft in ages and they have basically one weapon. A tight end. Buffalo can stop all of that with their defense which I assure you will be a monster. And Cassel and EJ will slug it out. I am confident both can succeed with the talent they have put together. I will say right now the Buffalo Bills win the East.

It'll be fun to watch Suh against your o-line though!

I think it will be more fun to watch our defensive line pummel the opposition. And we have good running backs with speed to kill

Until you play the "Great Wall of Dallas" part 2...;)

Seems like the NFL is hellbent on getting a team or two into LA asap! I don't know why, considering every attempt has failed. What's your feeling on this Mr. LA, Strider???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498995/article/dodger-stadium-angel-stadium-among-la-venue-options

More empty bloviating from the usual suspects...we've heard this before. The fact is we don't need a team and we don't particularly want a team...especially if its the Jaguars, Chargers, Vikings, or some other sacrificial lamb. And definitely not the Raiders. As much as I'm a fan, the Raiders will never work in L.A. again.

The simple math is that Los Angeles is more valuable to the NFL without a team. That way, L.A. can always be used as leverage in stadium disputes in other cities. "Build us a new stadium or we'll move the team to L.A.!"

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Wow, that is terrible--hopefully he won't lose the hand or the injuries he suffered won't cost him his career. Wow....

No, I don't believe it will - but it did cost him a shipload of money! The Giants have pulled their $60 mil offer off the table:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500185/article/new-york-giants-pull-60m-offer-to-jason-pierrepaul

Zepscoda, any thoughts?

^ This is a killer, because there was hope of getting the Giant's defense back on track, with bringing DC Steve Spagnulo back this season. His schemes did rely on rotating the front four frequently, for a fresher pass rushing group. But this group was already thin, with JPP being really the only standout plus decent run stopper. I hear he still has all his fingers - but not much skin, and obviously there will be nerve damage. If he gets back to being able to play, but has his hand wrapped like a club, I doubt he can be very effective.