2015 NFL Thread

Walter

San Francisco 49ers. Worst. Off-season. Ever.

While across the bay, I've been reading some pretty good reports on the Raider's offensive potential, as in (ahem) Amari Cooper and Derek Carr.

Speculation does not a season make, but I do like what I've been reading.

Unfortunately for the Raiders the AFC West is going to be pretty brutal this year. It does look like Carr is going places but it'll still probably be another rough year trying to compete with Denver, SD and KC.

I take this back. Look at what's happening with the guys PERSONAL EMAILS!!!?? The whole world knows Brady thinks the great Peyton Manning will most likely only play two more years max.. Imagine the personal shit that would have been leaked from his cell phone.. !!!

Exactement. This is precisely why I had no problem with Tom Brady not wanting to give his cellphone to the NFL. I wouldn't either. They had the text transcripts...that's all they needed.

The NFL League Office has more leaks than a ship made of Swiss Cheese...no way I want those clowns anywhere near my personal and family information. Brady was right to stick to his guns.

Yes, I think so. Manuel still has a chance to develop into something. He is only going into his third year if I recall correctly and his first two weren't a complete disaster. Cassel is a thirty-something who has had plenty of opportunity and proved he'll never be better than a mediocre starter or career backup. He bombed out of the Chiefs offense with Jamaal Charles in his prime as a supporting act. At least if you give Manuel a chance you might have something and if it doesn't work out look for someone new in the off-season. With Cassel you already know you are getting something substandard. Having him as a backup is a good idea if you have cap space. He isn't going to ruin the team with skill, but he also isn't going to be a guy you can count on to win. Either way, let's hope Ryan gets the D in Buffalo operating effectively. I want to see Buffalo or Miami win the division. Not real big on the Jets and hate the Patriots so much it's a borderline mental disorder on my part so I'm rooting for the Bills or Dolphins to step it up.

Manuel played well until he got injured in Cleveland and then things were kind of a mess We had a coach that secretly had his own agenda and was a prick that had no intention of coming back and winning. Now we get a guy who's reputation is on the line. He is going to take a good look at both in camp. I think they have the talent to win with either

That's kinda been my feeling about him as well. He is definitely a defensive minded coach. If he has a good GM or Offensive Coordinator he trusts he shouldn't have a too many problems though. If he hadn't bit on the Sanchez hype he'd probably still be with Jets today.

The Jets dysfunctionality just reaches for new heights.

My God, the linebacker sucker punches Geno Smith and breaks his jaw....WTF??

My thoughts go out to Geno, don't skimp on the doctors man. This is one of the worst injuries with the longest lasting pain.....

And get ready to drink all sorts of smoothies, like cheeseburger smoothies, etc.

Hope they arrest the dope that did that...

The Jets dysfunctionality just reaches for new heights.

My God, the linebacker sucker punches Geno Smith and breaks his jaw....WTF??

My thoughts go out to Geno, don't skimp on the doctors man. This is one of the worst injuries with the longest lasting pain.....

And get ready to drink all sorts of smoothies, like cheeseburger smoothies, etc.

Hope they arrest the dope that did that...

What a bunch of mooks. The Jets are the NFL's comedy relief. Someone better put 'Fireman Ed' on suicide-watch.

#blackjawsmatter

post-1470-0-74818400-1439362008_thumb.jp

This is the best thing that could happen for the Jets. Fitzpatrick will be less apt to throw away games for them. They have a great running game, and the best defense in their division. They should also pickup another veteran QB, as insurance - anyone who can stay in the pocket and manage a game.

^ Rex Ryan appears to have no clue at evaluating, selecting or developing QB's. He does seem to have knowledge, or at least a bloodline, in knowing what to do with defensive personnel.

He has the team set in stone in front of him. They have the talent. If we can get which ever QB is goes with to just not make mistakes often, we can win. Our D should be one of the top units in the league

The Bills may have misunderstood that when teams say they want other teams to fear their defense it means fearing they won't allow them to score many points, not that they might get assaulted and raped by them.

The Bills just signed the guy that broke Gino Smith's jaw and punched a cop. Yikes. Press conference by Rex coming.

Yeah, a little spooky! Wouldn't you just let this guy fade away and bring someone up from the practice squad?

Other than this, I agree with you, the Bills seem to be making some pretty smart moves this offseason.

This guy was drafted by Rex, that's why they picked him up. As far as being smart, financially I don't believe they have - overpaid for a few of them. I think their offense is going to have trouble with the o-line and tight ends. Plus some of the personalities are going to be a tough mesh in the locker room, IMO. Good luck to 'em.

The Bills just signed the guy that broke Gino Smith's jaw and punched a cop. Yikes. Press conference by Rex coming.

:hysterical: THIS is the team that wants to challenge New England for the Division? I might have to move Paul's Dolphins up in my predictions.

Unless IK punches out EJ Manuel and what's-his-name and forces Sexy Rexy to get a "real" quarterback.

This isn't the 70s...the old Raider Way doesn't work in today's NFL anymore.

I look forward to Buffalo imploding.

Enemy-Pali is proven high risk / low potential for reward player. Assaulting a police officer and your team's starting QB is WORSE, in terms of showing your mentality and disregard for your career, than assaulting a woman (morality aside). Incognito wasn't a bad acquisition - he was only a part of a locker room issue that was more of a team problem, and basically just being a lunkhead football player. At least that guy is strong at his position. I thought I heard Buffalo's defense was set (not really, their DB's are below average)? So who gets cut, to make room for him - most likely a guy who could bring skills and stability to the team? Ryan is a moron.

People are acting like one questionable signing is going to sink the Bills. I don't know much about the guy as a player but my assumption is he's now a bargain since very few teams would want him. Plus Buffalo is a building team anyways. They could be the surprise team this year but most likely they are going to build over the next few years to make a run at it. If he remains violent or a problem in anyway they'll likely have plenty of time to give him his walking papers before he can ruin their Superbowl hopes. Plus, it is preseason and most young players get cut before the regular season anyways. They didn't sign him to a long term deal did they?

People are acting like one questionable signing is going to sink the Bills. I don't know much about the guy as a player but my assumption is he's now a bargain since very few teams would want him. Plus Buffalo is a building team anyways. They could be the surprise team this year but most likely they are going to build over the next few years to make a run at it. If he remains violent or a problem in anyway they'll likely have plenty of time to give him his walking papers before he can ruin their Superbowl hopes. Plus, it is preseason and most young players get cut before the regular season anyways. They didn't sign him to a long term deal did they?

Buffalo is not a team starting at the bottom of a rebuild. The talent is in place with only the question of whether either of these two guys can cut it at the QB position? If they do, look out I do not see any team that is better in a wild card scenario on paper. No way.They already have the bad boy from Miami. So let them get a room together. This team will be no fun to play against says Rex. I believe it based on the front four we have on D. No team can put 4 more menacing guys on their defensive front line. So if the defense plays up to their potential, I see a wild card at the very least and a division title is not out of the question. Much may depend on not only NE and their problem with Brady, but also Miami cannot be discounted either. I will discount the Jets. They have nothing

^ That's fine, to discount the Jets. They are quite solid at most positions, and their QB situation just improved drastically. Better coach, too - not some irrational loudmouth. Fitzpatrick had a very good season last year, and didn't do so bad for your Bills when they had no playmakers.

post-3394-0-03629600-1439504615_thumb.jp

Ready for the Cowboys 1st preseason game tonight vs. San Diego. Looking forward to seeing the rookies and the depth. Don't expect the starters to play much or at all. This defense should be deep with talent, much better than the past 3-4 seasons that's for sure!

Just read that Eric Berry is scheduled to play on Saturday after Hodgkin Lymphoma was suppose to have ended his career. We don't know if he'll play the whole season but here's hoping.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ready for the Cowboys 1st preseason game tonight vs. San Diego. Looking forward to seeing the rookies and the depth. Don't expect the starters to play much or at all. This defense should be deep with talent, much better than the past 3-4 seasons that's for sure!

I do not know what happened yet. Going to go look up the scores. I know the Bills play tonight under Rex Ryan for the first time. I just hate pre season football. Its worse than anything in major sports. It just plain sucks. The better teams usually lose but not always. Back when the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls they never won a pre season game under Marv Levy. He hated pre season as did Vince Lombardi. Just a way of getting your guys injured. But it is a way to see new players

Archived