2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Abdullah made quite a showing in his first Lions game. Dare I say he runs a bit like Walter Payton....shakin'it, but always running North and South. It would help the Lion's passing game tremendously if we could run the ball. The schedule is tougher, but I think Caldwell's team will be better in his 2nd year as coach. He's boring and conservative, but he stresses fundamentals, which this team needed badly. I also think Stafford is going to take another step forward. He cut his ints down last year, and he's tough. Hasn't missed a start in 4 years now. His year to year improvement has been slow, but steady. Some guys at the position are like that...it can take years.

So the Bills are going with this kid Taylor over Manuel as Cassel's backup for the first two pre season games. Not that it means he is ahead on the depth chart says Rex Ryan. I think he came from Baltimore? Does anyone know this kid? He did lead them to a 90 yd TD drive. They have Tasker talking to K Williams as the Bills D just stuffed them deep Without K Williams in there they are not as good a defense. But by now its all pretty much sub city. I am shocked this game is sold out. It does not look sold out but it has to be to be on local TV.

EJ is moving them. But he has not got the first unit. He has to rebound. So far I have not seen him throw one

Wow, 50 yard TD bomb by EJ

While the odds were fat I bought a 3 teamer early for opening day. Only a finski. Baltimore +4, Buffalo +2 1/2 and Pittsburgh -3 over the Bradyless Pats. I cannot see Denver giving the Ravens 4 or even beating them. And I believe the Bills will shut down Luck and his offense and run the ball right through Indy all day long. The place will be a zoo.

I also like Miami and Detroit a little. So are we having the weekly pick em?

Yeah, I've heard that one for years - with different teams inserted as the subject.

Seeing the Cowboys were the fifth highest scoring team in the NFL last year, just another Cowboys hater! ;):lol:

^ I doubt that there will be much joking about the Cowboys this season, Walter. Hopefully, for us Giants fans, maybe a good one come playoff time? Your team has done well to built solid lines on both sides of the ball, and very good playmakers, too. Between injuries (already) and neglecting talent at key positions, I'm not high on the Giant's hopes, at all. If I'm reduced to rooting for the Jet's chances, instead - that kinda tells the story, right there...

^ I doubt that there will be much joking about the Cowboys this season, Walter. Hopefully, for us Giants fans, maybe a good one come playoff time? Your team has done well to built solid lines on both sides of the ball, and very good playmakers, too. Between injuries (already) and neglecting talent at key positions, I'm not high on the Giant's hopes, at all. If I'm reduced to rooting for the Jet's chances, instead - that kinda tells the story, right there...

Well I just saw this on CBS Sportsline. Their guy has some early games to jump on with the current lines and I am a bit shocked that the Giants are one of them. He believes the Giants can win outright. I am not sold on them yet. But here are his picks.

Green Bay over Chicago (says lay the 6 because its going higher)

Baltimore plus 4 over Denver and I am already on this one. Love them with 4 and to win it straight up

Atlanta over the Eagles. Says he is shocked its a pick in Atlanta and they have an established QB in Ryan and if Bradford coming off surgery gets hurt, its Sanchez.

Giants with the 5.5 vs Dallas. One reason is the departure of Murray. I am not convinced and will stay clear of this one.

^ The Giants have a few playmaking WR's...and...well, that's it. They are weak on both lines. Some of this is unforeseen injuries, but most of it is ignoring the need to draft well. At best, their current OL can protect Manning, and he will occasionally connect with Beckham and Cruz. But they will not generate a worthwhile running game, and therefore be in control of very few matchups. On the defensive side, I was exited to see Steve Spagnolo return as DC - but their DE's and LB's are below average, in both tackling and pass rush. JPP was their best player there, and I wouldn't be surprised if his career is now over. Their DB's are already injury depleted, just one game into the preseason. I don't see how they could hang in against Dallas, or have a winning season?

This coming Superbowl, number 50, will be the first not designated by a Roman numeral - because "L" does not have enough pizzazz. The next 39 Superbowls, however, will all start with that same Roman numeral "L".

Typical lameness by the NFL. Shoot, they are missing a golden opportunity...they could have called this year's the Super BowL haha.

This coming Superbowl, number 50, will be the first not designated by a Roman numeral - because "L" does not have enough pizzazz. The next 39 Superbowls, however, will all start with that same Roman numeral "L".

You have actually heard that they are doing this? I find that very strange. The Bills were in 25 so maybe this will be our magic number.

I am sure they will not play any more pre season games and will be ready on opening day. We only need to have one ready between McCoy, Freddie and Brown Brown is a very good back. You guys had your star running back walk out the door and you are trying your best to find negative news on Buffalo? You had best worry about your own fucking house dude

You guys had your star running back walk out the door and you are trying your best to find negative news on Buffalo? You had best worry about your own fucking house dude

Ha ha! Man if I'd posted the article on Harvin's (still) bum hip, you would've had an aneurism! Murray leaving doesn't really bother me that much considering his numerous fumbles, history of injuries, and coming off a 450 touch season. But we'll see what happens.

McFadden had his first 11 on 11 practice yesterday and dazzled everyone with his speed and cuts, but training camp is way too long and there are too many preseason games, IMO. Every team is suffering through injuries right now on all different levels. Can't wait for September, that's for sure!

Ha ha! Man if I'd posted the article on Harvin's (still) bum hip, you would've had an aneurism! Murray leaving doesn't really bother me that much considering his numerous fumbles, history of injuries, and coming off a 450 touch season. But we'll see what happens.

McFadden had his first 11 on 11 practice yesterday and dazzled everyone with his speed and cuts, but training camp is way too long and there are too many preseason games, IMO. Every team is suffering through injuries right now on all different levels. Can't wait for September, that's for sure!

I cant wait until Xmas so we can really start the smack. That is when your boys come to town. I might wind up at the game, who knows? But the tickets are going fast and Stub Hub is the only option. Will all depend on our record but I am guaranteeing we sell out every game because of early numbers

I doubt the Cowboys are liking the schedule when they look at Xmas. I mean, are they going to fly to Buffalo the day after Xmas? They pretty much have to? I doubt they will want to spend Xmas in a Buffalo hotel. Unless some of the Bills have invited them over? Xmas day is a Friday. Dallas comes in on Dec 27th. That is a nightmare for a team traveling to what should be a freezing Buffalo two days after Xmas. But we have had some mild days also. Who knows?

The NFL always gives the Cowboys a tough December schedule. Playing at Rich Stadium is always tough, but in December it's exponentially tougher. I would think they'd fly in on Friday to keep the weekend as "normal" as possible. Should be a great end of the season matchup and possibly a Sunday night game with the flex scheduling they have. Who knows? We both need to get through the first 14 games before thinking about it, right?

The NFL always gives the Cowboys a tough December schedule. Playing at Rich Stadium is always tough, but in December it's exponentially tougher. I would think they'd fly in on Friday to keep the weekend as "normal" as possible. Should be a great end of the season matchup and possibly a Sunday night game with the flex scheduling they have. Who knows? We both need to get through the first 14 games before thinking about it, right?

Yes Walter your point is well made. I want to ask you a question and this is not a ball breaking type of question. In all seriousness, who do you start if you are Ryan at QB? Right now I go with Manuel and put Cassel right in the rear view mirror. I give him a little rope but very little. I doubt the Cowboys want to spend Xmas day without their family unless they fly them up there to spend it in Buffalo. At least they would get a White Xmas and could even enjoy it as it looks like Xmas unlike Dallas. Just imagine going to the Red Osier for Xmas Eve dinner! They light the place up like a small Xmas town and its fabulous. I highly recommend if you are ever in the area at Xmas time.

Jordy Nelson allegedly tore his ACL in today's preseason game v. Pittsburgh. Ouch.

I hope the Cowboys sit the entire starting team tonight playing at that albatross of a playing field, otherwise known as the 49'ers stadium. They had to re-sod it again this past Wednesday....

Yes Walter your point is well made. I want to ask you a question and this is not a ball breaking type of question. In all seriousness, who do you start if you are Ryan at QB? Right now I go with Manuel and put Cassel right in the rear view mirror. I give him a little rope but very little. I doubt the Cowboys want to spend Xmas day without their family unless they fly them up there to spend it in Buffalo. At least they would get a White Xmas and could even enjoy it as it looks like Xmas unlike Dallas. Just imagine going to the Red Osier for Xmas Eve dinner! They light the place up like a small Xmas town and its fabulous. I highly recommend if you are ever in the area at Xmas time.

I think I'd wait until after the third preseason game to answer that question. That's when it's the closest to an actual game with most starters playing the entire first half. That third string qb is making the most heads turn, from what I'm reading. Btw, I'll stay where it's nice and warm that time of the year, thank you very much. Cold weather sucks anymore, to me, IMO. Remember, I grew up in the "snow belt" my first 16 years in existence. It does sound nice, post some pics for us! Hope you're doing well, Rick.

Archived