2015 NFL Thread

Walter

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13582256/ik-enemkpali-released-buffalo-bills

Bills have cut that naughty boy.  Gee, all this pro Brady stuff from a Raiders fan?  Very strange.  I guess you do not remember that game where they took the Raiders out of the playoffs on that stupid horrible call?  In the snow?  Remember?  The Tuck rule bullshit that they wrote just to make things convenient for Belechick.  

We've seen the end of Tebow a few times. He may make a roster as a 2nd or 3rd string still, who knows. He isn't a solid starter but he must come at a bargain price by now. Why wouldn't a team want a player they could use on trick plays and specific formations. Plus, the guy makes money because the fans love him. He could sell more jerseys as a backup who plays two snaps a game than most starters on any given football team. So long as he doesn't demand a high salary I'd sign him.

Many teams aren't interested in carrying 3 qbs anymore, so that hurts his chances.  It's a long season though, and fresh legs are helpful late in the year.  I think he'll eventually picked up by somebody.

Went to the Lions vs Bills on Thursday night.  It was a boring affair except for the 1/2 mile walk back to the vehicle.  Sheets of rain....and I was soaked to the bone.  Hadn' t experienced that in 30 years plus.  I use to consider people with Lion's NFL umbrellas as being hard-core...lol, not anymore !  I waddled like a duck for blocks.

Did the Patriots experiment with Tebow at TE? He would have better value on a roster if he could line up as a receiver, as far as trick plays. I remember he showed poor blocking skills on the Jets, though. I don't think he will ever succeed in the NFL, playing any position in a traditional sense. That run in Denver was all improvise and surprise - plus they had quite the defense that season.  

Raiders back to L.A.?

Raiders back to Oakland. June 1995

The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Board unanimously gave approval yesterday for George Vukasin, the board president, to offer Davis a 16-year lease agreement and a deal that would include a $31.9 million loan to the Raiders for relocation and operating expenses and up to $10 million for the construction of a new training facility for the team.

The Oakland City Council must approve a $70 million bond issue for renovations to the Oakland Coliseum, which will include adding 9,000 club seats and 175 luxury suites. If the issue is approved by the council, there will be a 30-day open period in which the citizens of Oakland can call for a referendum to reject the vote. A referendum killed a potential return by the Raiders in 1990. Vukasin doesn't see any obstacles.

"Over 75 percent of the city council was at our board meeting this morning and was in support," Vukasin said.

Oakland was euphoric over the news that the Raiders wanted to return. Fans were jamming telephone lines at the Oakland Coliseum trying to order tickets.

"Things are electrifying here," Vukasin said. "The support of our efforts to get the Raiders in Oakland have been outstanding."

Oh, brother.

Did the Patriots experiment with Tebow at TE? He would have better value on a roster if he could line up as a receiver, as far as trick plays. I remember he showed poor blocking skills on the Jets, though. I don't think he will ever succeed in the NFL, playing any position in a traditional sense. That run in Denver was all improvise and surprise - plus they had quite the defense that season.  

Just a decoy as Belecheck schemes on how he will steal this years playbooks from his competition.  Thievin, cheatin, bitches.

I'm so happy for Jarryd Hayne making the SF 49ers 53 man squad. Now to gain selection in the 46 players team for the game against the Vikings next week.

Even though he is considered a "rookie", Jarryd has played fullback (kick and punt return), wing (wide receiver) and centre (running back) among other positions since he was about 7 years of age.

Once he improves on the finer nuances of the game, familiarises set plays, gets match fitness and barring injury he will surprise a lot of people in the USA when he finds open space and is capable of scoring many touchdowns.

To put it in perspective Rugby League is played for 80 minutes, two 40 minute halves with a 10 minute break at half time and a few stoppages after scoring, penalties and injuries. He played offence and defence alternately for the entire game. Whereas NFL backs have blockers to assist them NRL players do not, so when they return the ball they are up against 13 defenders and the HAYNE PLANE has scored lots of length of the field tries (TD's) by breaking the opposition defence and making them look stupid.

GO THE NINERS!!!

Was that a "Where is Roger" chant that broke out during last night's game? I'm hardly a Pats fan, but I have to admit, that was pretty cool and/or funny--Week 2 in the NFL, I believe the Pats go to Buffalo. We'll see if the Bills are truly ready for primetime....

Paul,good ole Rog skipped the game,for the first time  in his tenure as NFL commissioner.Wonder why?:P.

Archived