Women's World Cup

Charles J. White

Canada vs England.

A moment when the elder, a champion, faces the student, Not just any student, but family. There are great expectations from Canadian soccer fans this Saturday. A time many of us have been waiting for. This is going to be THE match of the tournament.

I had more interest in yesterday's German vs. France tussle, but I'll go with England today. If only because I think the U.S. will have a more difficult time with Canada than England.

Sorry Charlie. 2-1. Congratulations England.

Thank you Strider.

Well minutes 3 through 5 at the beginning cost us the match. There was from what I could tell 7 serious errors, 2 of which cost us the match. Congrats England, until next time...The wife even opened a bottle of red wine for her and I as we watched this evening...It really sucks, but the good news is that Canadian soccer fans have really stepped up with a wonderful crowd of 55,000 people.

I'm cheering on England now in the tournament, so I hope my brothers and sisters in motherland stand up and be counted!

Nice one England ladies, have to say though I've not seen so much hoofing since I last saw the local non league amateurs having their sunday kickabout on my way up to the village paper shop.

I don't understand the refereeing in soccer...and that goes for both the men and women World Cups. Strange mindboggling calls and the yellow card/red card system makes little sense.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Germany Saturday and U.S. on Sunday.

4- 0 the USA leads already!!!!! Only first half and 16 minutes left. Ugly. Last goal a long shot from mid field. Caught the Japanese goalie napping. And almost 5-0 as I type. I bet $30 to make $18. I wish I had bet the farm

Abby Wambach from my hometown of Rochester, NY helps lift the trophy, as the US Women win the World Cup. I have bought many a twelve pack from her father in the past at their store outside of Rochester, Wambach Farms which is a farm market and it sells beer and all kinds of useful needs. Great place and great player is Abby. And a voice for the gay community as well. She has been a very great player for the US.

Very proud of the U.S. women coming through for the Red, White & Blue!

I had no idea it had been 16 years since the last WC win for the U.S. That's a longer drought than I figured for such a strong program.

Archived