2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Wieters just put one out.  4-3 and we are never out of any game with this lineup.   Its going to be interesting this West coast trip.  I have no idea which of our pitchers can swing the lumber?  I believe its our first trip to a NL city this year.

Talked to a friend of mine who is a die hard Yankee fan today, and he says their schedule is brutal.  That is for sure.  So they get Minny at home tomorrow and then the party is over for some time.  Texas comes in for 4, then at SD who are hot right now, then at White Sox (ask Boston about them),  at Cleveland (hottest team in the bigs),  then Boston, Baltimore and SF and then back  on road to Houston.  I will leave it at that for now.  No picnic to say the least.  When you play Minnesota for a week straight it has  to come back at you full circle.  I am hoping Texas gets some payback tonight vs Boston.  Blew a 6-0 lead last night.  They are getting back one of their top pitchers that has been out for months.  

And Paul, what is up with your Mets?  That team I cannot figure out.  Atlanta is a thorn in their side.

Rickard just hit one in the corner.  Orioles down 1 run but I doubt for long.  They just keep on comin baby!!!!!!:cheer:

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ The problem with the Mets is the offense can't score runs--which is the same case in tonight's game. Probably another wasted effort by deGrom who was sharp tonight, but the offense can't do shit....

The Mets have the starting rotation.  Maybe the best?  Top 5 for sure.  Cespedes has my vote on some of my ballots.  Not all.  He is the only one I can justify voting for.  They are likely to make a move.  If they had to give up an arm for a good player, I mean one that can hit and field, I would think they might be open to that?  But maybe they believe they have the horses and just are not producing?  As for my Orioles, even with an off night by Tillman, they never panic.  O'Day is coming back mid week.   14 games over 500, first place.  Fire away King.  

So I go to put the end of the Mets game on and its blacked out here?  I pay for MLB and they black out the fucking Mets?  They just break my heart.  I buy it to watch my Orioles every night.  When we play the Yankees or Mets I just watch the NY feed.  Punishment enough.  This is BS.  Maybe its on FOX:?  Nope.  MLB channel has Giants and Phillies.  Those Phillies that have to be in California when I go there.  They will be at the Padres  when I am in SD.  At the Dodgers when I am in LA.  But my boys will be in SF and I cant wait.  Box seats, 30 rows back of the O's dugout

Mets win!!!  Congrats.  I now need Giants to beat the Phillies.  Bumgartner and Greinke can sure hit.  Greinke hit a double the game vs Colorado, slid into second hands first, driving his coach nuts no doubt.  That guy is a real player

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Far better game than Friday's ! Need to take a the series Sunday afternoon!

Indeed!!!  And thanks for the help!!!!!!  Kick Boston's ass for us.  We are now 3 up!!!!!   Tyler Wilson can complete the 4 game sweep.  The Yankees luck will end after today.  Back to playing real teams.  Texas comes in there tomorrow!!!!:lol:  Mr Girardi, your skills will be tested.  You  ant put Potances on the mound every night.  that guy is going to need Tommy John the way they are burning his ass out.  And Miller is a fucking chump.  Wait until he faces some real hitters.  As for Toronto they are just as dirty as KC.  Bautista is just like Ventura.  I am hoping Chris Sale takes care of them today.  Don't look now but Miami is making a race of it in the wild card.   They are right there.  I do think they may beat the Cubs again today with the dominant Fernandez going.  The Cubs will be fine.  They still have the best record and are going through what all teams go through.  I hope the Giants do not lay another egg vs the Phillies.  I cant believe Bumgartner lost to the Phillies.  For some reason the Phillies have always given them trouble.  I want to see a 4 game lead for the Orioles by days end

Rangers are 7-1 in Rubber Games and 14-7 in days games...gotta take this one...go up to the " boogie down Bronx " and take it to the Yanks....should be fun...my family back home are all Yankee fans. There will be lots of trash talk back and forth the next few days....lol

7 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

AL scoreboard

Orioles 6   Tampa 2   (4th)   Davis hits a grand salami

Minnesota 5    NY Yankees 0    (5th)    4 HRs for the Twins and Eovoldi chased.  Texas comes in tomorrow.  Yikes

Going to be up at my in-laws next weekend. They are about a 3 hour drive from Target Field. Rangers are up there that weekend :)

Might add another ballpark to my list.

6 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Going to be up at my in-laws next weekend. They are about a 3 hour drive from Target Field. Rangers are up there that weekend :)

Might add another ballpark to my list.

Well Minnesota would be  great place to see IMO>  They are beating the daylights out of the Yankees as I type.  Much to Walter's dismay.  :lol:Hope you get the seats.  Texas is one tough looking team that we may have to battle down the road?

Get this punk ass kid out of there Showalter!!!  Fucking 6-1 and now 6-5.  A team that has lost 10 in a row is not playing games.  This fucking punk kid pitches the game of his life at Fenway and then what?  Go to Bundy and the pen  Now we have to score more runs.  I am really hoping they get off their ass's and go after Shoemaker from the Angels

Trumbo folllows Machado's double with the Orioles 51st HR of June, the best in the bigs and closing in on all time record.  Trumbo now leads the major leagues in HRS

16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well Minnesota would be  great place to see IMO>  They are beating the daylights out of the Yankees as I type.  Much to Walter's dismay.  :lol:Hope you get the seats.  Texas is one tough looking team that we may have to battle down the road?

I hope so !  All the potential matchups for Texas in the postseason are very intriguing. 3/5 of our starting rotation is on the DL right now, not to mention a key figure in the bullpen , Kela, being on the DL recovering from shoulder spur  surgery....JD will make some moves before the deadline. 

10 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I hope so !  All the potential matchups for Texas in the postseason are very intriguing. 3/5 of our starting rotation is on the DL right now, not to mention a key figure in the bullpen , Kela, being on the DL recovering from shoulder spur  surgery....JD will make some moves before the deadline. 

Base hit number 4 on Fuckholtz!!!!!!  2-0 Texas!!!!!!Eeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Oh baby!!!!!  15 games over 500!!!  First place and if Texas hangs on we would be 4 up on Boston.   They go to Tampa and the Rays will be in a foul mood.  Yo King!!!!!  Tomorrow night starts a series KC at St Louis!!!  A rematch of the 1985 series that went 7 games.  I was in Philadelphia that fateful night when George Brett and co won 7-0, by a TD I believe in game 7 to beat the Cardinals in the Series.  Now I know the pain of losing a series.  The 69 miracle Mets and the Pirates and that fucking "We are family" song I never want to hear again, as we blew a 3-1 lead and lost.  But we did beat the big red machine.  

What a day this can be.  I need the Giants and Texas to hang on to take my off shore account bookmaker to the cleaners.  Then to boot, if Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers can win by more than a run at Pittsburgh tonight, I win a 7 teamer for $200.  Only a $3 investment.  I just took a shot.  Doing very well in the Euro also.  So far its been very predictable.  So my Orioles are on a plane to San Diego on their first West coast trip.  Then after 2 they go  to Seattle and then to LA to play the Dodgers.  My game is in August at SF.  I do not think Buck and this team have ever played there at AT&T Park?  Not to my memory?  Correct me if you know otherwise.  But I do not believe this team has ever played there?  A possible World Series preview, but I surely know we need to pick up a starter on the market.  We have a sho to go for it all right now.  I do respect Texas as they look like a team to be reckoned with.  I know the Red Sox are.  Its possible that 3 teams could come out of the East?   Who knows.  Cleveland is on fire and they have to be respected as well.  I also believe the White Sox have a very good team and are capable of anything.

Giants SUCK SUCK   SUCK.    How do you let the Sillies come back from 5-1 with Cueto?  And now they are tied at 6-6.  Score some runs a;ready!  Some guy told me I was kidding when I said Wieters was better than Posey  Well I am not kidding.  He is better. 

Well, this is why everyone points out the obvious & say "it's a long season." About a week ago, I might have been ready to wave the white flag and declare the Nats the NL East Champs & then they hit the skids a bit & now the Mets have a chance to take care of their own business with this upcoming 3-gamer with the Nats.

And with Syndergaard going tonight, I feel really good about it....

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, this is why everyone points out the obvious & say "it's a long season." About a week ago, I might have been ready to wave the white flag and declare the Nats the NL East Champs & then they hit the skids a bit & now the Mets have a chance to take care of their own business with this upcoming 3-gamer with the Nats.

And with Syndergaard going tonight, I feel really good about it....

I do not think the Marlins can be ignored in this race.  Mattingly has done a good job there.  He has them right there.  I feel a major sleeper in the AL are the Chicago White Sox.  I like their team.  I mean, I respect that lineup.  They have one Chris Sale that is going to get them a W on most of his starts and their lineup is good.  They can play defense.  The Indians are clearly the favs in the Central now and so are Texas in the West.  My Orioles never get any respect but finally are getting some on the MLB network.  I do not think any team in the East can match us offensively other than Boston.  But we have a better middle relief than Boston.  Their starters are in shambles.  They know it.  Tampa has lost 11 in a row and I will predict it ends tonight vs a Boston team that has plenty of distractions and in house fighting going on.  I am pretty confident the Yankees are going to be in for it vs this Texas team that is no joke. I am hoping Jiminez repeats his form of last week and wins at SD tomorrow night.  If he can pitch well, he could be the number 4 guy we are looking for?  If not we need to make a move as they have promised.  Tillman, Gausman and Tyler Wilson are up to the task.  Gallardo?  The jury is still out.  But he has tremendous potential and may in fact offer more than the kid, Wilson who knocked me off my couch with that performance at Fenway where he held Boston to 3 hits and 0 runs.  This West coast trip will be tough.  I hope to win 6 games if we can

They must have resumed that Yankees/Texas game at 2 am.  Unreal.  I stayed up til  almost 1 and gave up but the word from the Yankee network was they intended to finish out of fairness to Texas.  I bet they wished they had called it a night.  Great win for Texas and me. The AL East is starting to look very good for us.  I like the standings right now.  Late June.  All the experts picked Boston and had us either second last if not last.  I do not know how when  you look at our lineup

Did I just see that right?  On Quick Pitch?  Arrieta hit a HR!!!!!!   What a loss that guy was

Archived