2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

19 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Section 420 B)

We are going up to Colorado to see a Rockies game on June 11. That will be another to add to my list. ..I'll be up in the DC / Maryland area several times this summer. We should meet up at a Nationals game!

I would love that!  Please let me know when you're available and we'll definitely meet up!!   :thumbsup:

The Cardinals got completely decimated last night by the Cubs.  The Cubs scored 6 runs in the first inning.  Final score:  12-3.  In a few hours from now, the series resumes with the Cardinals facing Jake Arrieta and the game should be on the MLB Network.  I hope to wake up and see the Cardinals winning and will then watch the rest of the game. 

Well, here's the All Star ballot I filled out...

AL:

1B - Miguel Cabrera

2B - Jose Altuve

3B - Manny Machado

SS - Xander Bogaerts

C - Salvador Perez

DH - David Ortiz

Outfield - Jackie Bradley, Mike Trout, Mark Trumbo

NL:

1B - Anthony Rizzo

2B - Daniel Murphy

3B - Nolan Arenado

SS - Trevor Story

C - Buster Posey

Outfield - Dexter Fowler, Ryan Braun, Carlos Gonzalez

21 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, here's the All Star ballot I filled out...

AL:

1B - Miguel Cabrera

2B - Jose Altuve

3B - Manny Machado

SS - Xander Bogaerts

C - Salvador Perez

DH - David Ortiz

Outfield - Jackie Bradley, Mike Trout, Mark Trumbo

NL:

1B - Anthony Rizzo

2B - Daniel Murphy

3B - Nolan Arenado

SS - Trevor Story

C - Buster Posey

Outfield - Dexter Fowler, Ryan Braun, Carlos Gonzalez

Tough to argue with your choices. Very good selections.  But I do think Matt Wieters deserves consideration as the AL Catcher and its tough to leave Stanton out even with his current slump

I see Miguel Gonzalez is starting for the White Sox tonight.  IMO a big mistake letting him go and keeping jiminez.  Jiminez needs to get the axe.  I wish Miguel success.   We have just lost two one run games.  Games we should have won.  I blame Buck for sending Flaherty to the plate with the bases loaded two nights ago when he had Kim available to pinch hit.  Ressult, a KO looking.  Hardy needs to return

Only the Angels could score 9 runs...and still lose by 6!

zepscoda, your Rangers took the Angels to the woodshed. With the collapse of Houston, it looks like it is between you and Seattle for the West.

Fire Scioscia!

I am so surprised that the Saint Louis Cardinals are at their current record as they are.  24-23.  Last season They were something like, I forget, but in first place and on to resume the season with the only MLB team to win 100 games. 

I still have no doubts or worries, yet, the Saint Louis Cardinals are a Team to respect and admire, even if they fail to make the Playoffs this season.  Which They will not, but will make the Post-Season as a Wild Card team (and I will still be Cool with that). 

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I am so surprised that the Saint Louis Cardinals are at their current record as they are.  24-23.  Last season They were something like, I forget, but in first place and on to resume the season with the only MLB team to win 100 games. 

I still have no doubts or worries, yet, the Saint Louis Cardinals are a Team to respect and admire, even if they fail to make the Playoffs this season.  Which They will not, but will make the Post-Season as a Wild Card team (and I will still be Cool with that). 

Like you said King, its early.   So panic not.  I am not going to panic over this 4 game skid and Chris Davis's inability to lay off pitches in the dirt as pissed off as I am.  Tonight Miguel Gonzalez pitches for the White Sox at kC.  I will have a very big interest in that game.  I still am dumbfounded that he was put on waiver and they kept Jiminez who to me needs to be let go yeterday.  On to Cleveland.  A team that is very hard to figure out.  One day they can kill you and the next day they do what Boston did yesterday, lose to a team you would expect them to beat.  We have to stop this nonsense fast.  WE do have a 10 game home stand coming.  We are very good at home.  But we must be better on the road if we are to move forward and take this thing.  Its there for the taking.  Boston has no real pitching.  They can hit as we can when we dont have our heads up our ass's.  I am hoping for a speedy return for JJ Hardy who we need in there desperately.  

I like Paul's All Star picks.  Like I said, right on the money without much argument.  I am not sure of the current count but to me, Machado and Ortiz should be 1-2 in either order as the top vote getters.  You cannot vote for pitchers.   At least not now.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:23 PM, ebk said:

I would love that!  Please let me know when you're available and we'll definitely meet up!!   :thumbsup:

Cool...not sure of specific dates yet but as soon as I got them I'll p.m. you.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:49 PM, Strider said:

Only the Angels could score 9 runs...and still lose by 6!

zepscoda, your Rangers took the Angels to the woodshed. With the collapse of Houston, it looks like it is between you and Seattle for the West.

Fire Scioscia!

I am so surprised Seattle has the record they have. I did not think that they would be the team to beat in the West..... it's still early, and I can't see Houston staying in the cellar for the entire season.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I just got my tickets to see the Orioles play in San Fransisco!!!!  Cant wait  Also hitting, Vegas, SD, LA.  Del Mar.

Sounds like a awsome trip! I've been wanting to hit that ballpark for a while...dito that pics request!

The Pirates are putting a whooping on my Rangers tonight... but I don't mind so beautiful night and I'm listening to the game on the radio in the garage.

11 hours ago, redrum said:

The  effing Colorado altitude must affect the Giants when they play the Rockies.

I bet your boys today with Bumgartner.  I cant believe Buck is starting Jiminez again.  I was hoping they released him. If he gets rocked again, its time to cut him loose.  We get rid of Arrieta-MONSTER MISTAKE.    And then Miguel Gonzalez who won for the White Sox over KC last night.   Stupid decisions.  STrop would have been better choice than Givens or Worley the lunatic he is.   Our pitching will make or break us.  Tillman and Gausman I have faith in.   Bundy is a work i progress.  We must hit.  Machado is the best player in baseball.  

STRIDER, READ YOUR MESSAGES

Archived