2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

...and the Nationals come to Busch Stadium in Saint Louis.  I hope that the Cardinals can help alleviate some of your discomfort by beating the Nationals and taking at least 2 out of 3 games in the series. 

Gee, no trash talk against my Orioles this morning King?  Maybe because of the 4 HRs and the 10-2 thumping of the team with the best record in the bigs?  Those pesky White Sox.  Do you guys play them this year?  You will have a fun time with Washington.  NOT!  I think Arizona beat you guys last night unless there was a rally I do not know about?  Baltimore showed how they can hit the ball.  Lead the bigs in HRs.  Do not expect that stat to change Mr King.  

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Gee, no trash talk against my Orioles this morning King?  Maybe because of the 4 HRs and the 10-2 thumping of the team with the best record in the bigs?  Those pesky White Sox.  Do you guys play them this year?  You will have a fun time with Washington.  NOT!  I think Arizona beat you guys last night unless there was a rally I do not know about?  Baltimore showed how they can hit the ball.  Lead the bigs in HRs.  Do not expect that stat to change Mr King.  

No trash talk.  To be completely honest, the reason I say and post what I post is because I just want my favorite team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, to get and receive the Respect that they deserve.  Some on this topic give it, some don't. 

I will say that I, personally, Respect every Major League Baseball Team.  If there is any year, maybe this is the year of the changing of the guard and what seems to have been the "Status Quo".  (Saint Louis, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Kansas City, Detroit, etc...). 

I hope that your Baltimore Orioles have a better season then last year.  I say this in Good Faith and not as a Ploy. 

I will still say this:

GO CARDINALS!!!

I'm here to say that at the end of the first month of the season, the O's will be in first place!  

I'm also here to say it won't last...but I'm enjoying it at the moment.

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

No trash talk.  To be completely honest, the reason I say and post what I post is because I just want my favorite team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, to get and receive the Respect that they deserve.  Some on this topic give it, some don't. 

I will say that I, personally, Respect every Major League Baseball Team.  If there is any year, maybe this is the year of the changing of the guard and what seems to have been the "Status Quo".  (Saint Louis, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Kansas City, Detroit, etc...). 

I hope that your Baltimore Orioles have a better season then last year.  I say this in Good Faith and not as a Ploy. 

I will still say this:

GO CARDINALS!!!

I know we have the bats and the defense.  The starting rotation could make or break us. The Yankees problems appear to be far deeper than most expected  We have a couple guys named Wright and Wilson, common names that I always get each confused with the other, that are doing pretty well so far as young pitchers.  So too is Bundy in the pen and I am guessing that they are grooming Bundy to be a starter.  He was touted as the best of these guys.  Worley, who must be injured now, as I know he missed two starts, was a pleasant surprise but I must check the injury report?  Not sure where he is now?  He really impressed me.  Tillman looked like the Chris Tillman we expected last out.  Chen and Miguel are now gone.  I know Chen is in Miami and not sure if Gonzalez was picked up on waivers or not?  I am disappointed because I thought he was a good pitcher.   Hell, we let Arrietta get away for Gods sake.  How does that happen?  Our Bullpen is also solid like our defense and hitting, especially our power hitting which is number one in baseball.  Trumbo was a great pick up.  Alvarez has to get it going.  So far he has been a bust.  I do not expect that to last as he has proven himself elsewhere.  Its only April but we are still in first.  And now we face those surprising White Sox with their best two guys going.  Tomorrow is Chris Sale.  So if we can take 3 of 4 its  huge.  Today they will be out for blood.  And tomorrow I do give them the edge with my Cy Young pick, Sale

What an absolute crock of shit way to lose.  8-7.  Davis hits a two run double to tie it at 7-7.  Two out and two strikes on batter in 8th and strike 3 is thrown right down the middle but the ump blows the call because Wieters the catcher stands up after the pitch to check the bluffing runner at first.  Next thing is a bunt and our closer Britton is injured and comes out.  They score and its history.  The ump should have called strike 3 and the inning would have been over.   Bastards.  I guess it could be worse, we could be the Yankees

Well we get the Yankees at home and Boston goes to the White Sox so the schedule will finally go our way.  We got fucked by the Umps Sat and Sale is hot now.  Doubt I will hear any crap in the morning from the King?  St Louis L4 ?.   Ouch.  And the Cubs have the best team I believe in a hundred years.  Better than the team that lost that heart breaking series to the Padres on the fan interference p!ay in the left field stands when they had Sandburg.  The Nats and Mets and Dodgers all look tough King.  And my boys are still right there!  I am really trying to see about a West coast trip to see my boys either in LA or SF?  Leaning towards SF because of the date.  And want to see that park.  My friend in San Jose is lame so he can't get me tickets so I will have to go Stub Hub .  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well we get the Yankees at home and Boston goes to the White Sox so the schedule will finally go our way.  We got fucked by the Umps Sat and Sale is hot now.  Doubt I will hear any crap in the morning from the King?  St Louis L4 ?.   Ouch.  And the Cubs have the best team I believe in a hundred years.  Better than the team that lost that heart breaking series to the Padres on the fan interference p!ay in the left field stands when they had Sandburg.  The Nats and Mets and Dodgers all look tough King.  And my boys are still right there!  I am really trying to see about a West coast trip to see my boys either in LA or SF?  Leaning towards SF because of the date.  And want to see that park.  My friend in San Jose is lame so he can't get me tickets so I will have to go Stub Hub .  

I will admit that the Cardinals had a not so good first month of baseball.  12-13.  Not as bad as many others, but not so good by Saint Louis Cardinals standards.  That does not mean that I have lost faith in them.  There is still a lot of baseball to be played and baseball is a funny game.  Each season brings many surprises, both good and bad, for the teams that we admire and root for. 

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am really trying to see about a West coast trip to see my boys either in LA or SF?  Leaning towards SF because of the date.  And want to see that park.  My friend in San Jose is lame so he can't get me tickets so I will have to go Stub Hub .  

I left the bay area before the new Giants stadium opened. It sure looks cool on TV. :)

I did not expect a MLB topic on the Zeppelin forum.  Better and better!  Another lifelong StL Cardinals fan here.  Challenging season so far but Wainwright looking better so far tonight.  That would be a huge boost  

1 hour ago, JeffH said:

I did not expect a MLB topic on the Zeppelin forum.  Better and better!  Another lifelong StL Cardinals fan here.  Challenging season so far but Wainwright looking better so far tonight.  That would be a huge boost  

Welcome to the forum JeffH !

The Saint Louis Cardinals hit a combined 5 home runs last night against the Phillies.  Adam Wainwright hit a 3 run home run and he is the Cardinals "Ace" of a pitcher.  Not really a home run hitter. 

It continues to be a struggle for young Matt Harvey, this early part of the season. It seems like that 2nd & 3rd time through the order when he gets into the 6th inning that things just fall apart for him. 

But--as always--it's still very early into the season...

The Cubs appear to be trying to put the division on ice early.  They are a wrecking machine.  The White Sox are the big surprise to me.  We split with them.  they are tough and not going away.  Their bullpen is ranked number one in baseball right now.  I am happy Tillman took care of the Yankees.  He is 3-1 and this might be his year.  We must be better on the road.  We have only lost two at home, best in the bigs I believe.  Its tough to win in Baltimore and Trumbo has really lifted us.  Davis and Machado are off to great starts too.  Adam Jones is not.   But he had an injury and will come around.  He is a great player.  The Wash/KC series is very competitive.   Most thought that would be the series last year.  This year I would not count the Cubs out of any conversation.

Archived