2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

The Mets offense lately has been like a construction site outhouse on a hot, summer day.

deGrom pitches one hell of a game & Miguel Gonzalez for the White Sox must have walked the leadoff hitter about 4 or 5 times today & the Mutts could do jackshit to get deGrom some run support...

:mad:

I think all the runs today were scored in Baltimore.  I'm so glad I wasn't at that 4+hour extravaganza...   (although the right team won :) )

9 hours ago, ebk said:

I think all the runs today were scored in Baltimore.  I'm so glad I wasn't at that 4+hour extravaganza...   (although the right team won :) )

How and why would Buck start jiminez AGAIN????  Are you kidding me?  Why dont we just put a W in their column.   The guy sucks. He has gotten shelled the last few outs, and he has been brutal.  GET RID OF HIM!!!!  Our young pitchers like Wilson and Wright have shown promise.  Wright had a tough night last night.  But I still think he has some up side.  How do we let Arrieta get away?  We know how to find them.   Worley pitched pretty good last night and I hold my breath many times when he is in there.  Tonight I hope to see a change in the rotation.  I do  not want this guy out there.  If he pitches expect Boston to score 5or 6 in the top of the 1st and Buck have the pen working right away.  Why would you put your team in that position?  Call someone up for Gods sake.  Miguel Gonalez beat the Mets yesterday I believe.   Why didi we get rid of him?  We have a bullpen but we do not have a starting rotation of quality.  Neither does Boston thank God.  But they do not have a guy as bad as Jiminez.

10 hours ago, Houses of the Holy said:

The 16-13 Seattle Mariners win v. San Diego.  Padres were up 12-2 in seventh. Largest comeback in ML history. 

El Padres, El Choke-O!

3 hours ago, Walter said:

I know, I just had to give you a poke...

Sabathia's fat ass pitch count is way up there thanks to a great at bat by Rickard.  Too bad Trumbo struck out with bases loaded.  But no way are the Yankees beating us 1-0.  Baltimore is the better team.  Period.  When Hardy returns, we will have all hands on deck.  Losing Hardy was a killer because we have to allow Flaherty to bat due to his great defense.  So we lose a huge bat.  But we have stayed right there.  Boston is one up and losing 4-0 t the suddenly hot Blue Jays.  We need Hardy back and the word is Gallardo may be ready this week.  He has already rehabbed in the minors.  We are not going away with this lineup.  Nor are the Cubs.  I mean, they are simply killing everyone.  Washington, I thought they were going up in flames again to the Redlegs.  But they have rallied from 5-0 to make it 5-5.  i need Verlander and the Tigers today.  Have them to keep my Streak alive.

Cant belivee Machado just made a bad error.  It may kill us.  Today I mean. Unlike him.  He needs Hardy to get back to SS so he can go back to 3rd.  Fucking unreal.   Wash just went up 7-5 after trailing 5-0.  Much to Paul's delight I am sure:lol:

How about the Cardinals coming back from a 4-0 deficit to beat the Giants 7-4 last night.  The Cardinals hit 4 home runs against Jeff what's his name.  I think the Cardinals are tied with the New York Mets for the most home runs in  the National League.  

What a sweet ending!  Matt Wieter's hit up the middle scores 3 after a 2 hour rain delay, and the Yankees are sent packing.   Their announcers did not expect that.  I have to put up with their feed every time they play the Orioles.  Back to the O's friendly voices tomorrow

On June 6, 2016 at 2:40 AM, redrum said:

Am I getting a whiff of June Swoon? <_<

So are you in Frisco?  I am going to be there around the 13th of August if I make the drive on the Pacific Coast highway.  Drop by the ball park on the 14th.  I will be there, God willing.  Box seats printed.  Orioles at Giants!!!!!!

Baseball fight.  With sorta actual punches thrown.  Venturo throwing at Manny.  Manny taking offense.  But really, Manny has got to control himself.

^^ I'm watching the clips of the Orioles "dustup" right now on MLB Network--is it just my imagination or has Machado been involved in quite a few of these "dustups?" 

I don't know if Machado has the rep of being a "hothead," but that did seem to be over the top, imo....

Annnnnnnd the Cards crap away another game.  They're going nowhere this year.  Too inconsistent, too reliant on their youth movement.  It may take another year or two for them to truly gel.

At least the Red Sox are playing up to their potential.  Do it for Bah Hahbah! 

Archived