2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

I believe ebk was the only one of us who had the Indians winning the AL Central. Whether or not that will bump her up in the contest standings remains to be seen... :D

Everytime you think the Mariners will live up to their potential & make some noise in October, something goes wrong.

Speaking of wrong, how fast did that Mets game last night get turned around--oi vey....

:(

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I believe ebk was the only one of us who had the Indians winning the AL Central. Whether or not that will bump her up in the contest standings remains to be seen... :D

Everytime you think the Mariners will live up to their potential & make some noise in October, something goes wrong.

Speaking of wrong, how fast did that Mets game last night get turned around--oi vey....

:(

Seriously, we stopped watching the Nats (not the Mets in my house! ;) ) game at 4-0 to catch up on the OJ doc.  When it was over, we went back to the game.  Pleasant surprise!  (The OJ series is spectacular.  We finished part 3 last night.  Two more to go).

And yeah, as I always say until at least the All Star break - it's still early.  The Indians have plenty of time to fade.  

26 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Carlos Beltran just left the field ...pure speculation but it looks like it might be a hamstring ,  while running to first base

Saw that .  I have the game on.  My Orioles are on late all week  At SD tonight.  Texas up 2-0 with Hamels on the mound.  I see that kid is pitching for the Phillies vs Greinke tonight.  That might be a good game.   I think the hot Phils might win that one.  Texas won me $200 with that gut wrenching 215 am EST rally!!!!    Thank for the help.  Hoping they send Sabathia to hell in a hand basket.

Yo King!  If you read this, I see your boys play that dirty SOB Ventura tonight.  I hope the Cardinals do a number on him.  He is a piece of crap.  Watch out he doesnt start throwing at your players.  My email pick today has that game over

Back to Zepscoda.   Texas can hit for sure.  And they got some votes on MLB today for having maybe the best staff in the AL along with Cleveland.  I mean starting rotation, nothing to do with Bullpen.  I think my O's have one of the best pens.  When we have O'Day and Brach, we have two of the best middle relievers.  Along with Potances I guess.  i still say they over sue him. 

Do not be surprised to see many a baseball glove in the outfield in SD tonight.  The fans are aware the HR may be hit that breaks the all time major league record for Homers in a month by these Orioles.  I think they need one to tie and two to break the record but I am going to go see.  They hit 4 last night and Hardy was robbed of one by Upton.  I wonder if the Orioles would pay the fan for the ball?

American League,   Baltimore, Cleveland and Texas have put the rest on notice

Not watching but see Yankees came back from way down to tie Texas 7-7.  This tells me Texas has serious bullpen issues.  Not that the Yankee are going any where 

5 hours ago, redrum said:

I repeat. Unbelievable.

Oakland is killing them.  I do not get that Giants team.  I never liked them from a betting standpoint.  They are 100% unreliable.  I stay clear of them.  I just do not know how they won.  I have seen them play and I am just not that impressed.  I will see them live and i am hoping my Orioles continue their onslaught when I am there.  Maybe Davis can hit one in the Cove?  The brick wall is like your green monster.  Just a double or a long single.  But long enough to be a homer.  I would love to see the Orioles break the record in Seattle tonight.  Last night of the month.  They have 55.  It wont be easy.  Seattle has not been playing that great.  And the Pirates beat them 8-1 last night up there.   We bring Tillman in at 10-1 and 7-0 lifetime vs Seattle and yet we are underdogs?  I dont get it.  And we not only have won 7 st, and are 17 over 500, and for reasons unknown Vegas has them a slight favorite.  I will bite for sure.  I hope Trumbo gets the start in the All Star game.  He really deserves it.  i just heard the record we tied was the 96 Oakland As with Mark McGuire.  Well, should there not be an asterick with his dirty presence?  And the Oriioles of 97 hit 54 I think.  Boston has fallen 5 1/2 off the pace.  I love it.  I am thinking with their current problems Toronto will pass them this week.  Maybe they caught them last night in the standings?  Have to see.  Gallardo really impressed me yesterday.  Best game he has pitched.  And SD is one of the top offensive teams believe it or not.  Their woes come with their pitching and defensse.  They cant stop anyone.  But they can score.  Here  is to Tillman having a good one.  Go O's!!!!  Where are all the Cardinals posts?  Gee.  Do you think you are better than us now Mr King?

On 6/29/2016 at 8:16 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

American League,   Baltimore, Cleveland and Texas have put the rest on notice

Not watching but see Yankees came back from way down to tie Texas 7-7.  This tells me Texas has serious bullpen issues.  Not that the Yankee are going any where 

After the 2 pen breakdowns, I'm sure  JD is up day and night setting up some moves to beef this bull pen up...it will go down several days before the deadline. I've got all the faith in the world he'll get this fixed.

In the car ,16 hour road trip on the way up to Target Field for the weekend... Let's go RANGERS!!

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Not bad seats for tonight's Cards vs. Brewers game.

image.jpeg

Very nice picture.  You saw a good game by the Cardinals and Jaime Garcia. 

On a side note:  if your wife is from Saint Louis, about where did she live and what High School did she attend? 

Edited to add:  What was your feeling of the fans of the Saint Louis Cardinals?  I know that every MLB city proclaims this, but the fans of the Cardinals are some of the most die-hard and devoted fans in the history of American sports.  What's your take and opinion on this, since you were there last night? 

Great picture Walter!  Glad you had a good time!!

zepscoda, looking forward to pictures from Target Field.  We enjoyed it there.  Nice park, nice people.  And Surly Beer!! Love that stuff :D  :beer: 

4 hours ago, ebk said:

Great picture Walter!  Glad you had a good time!!

zepscoda, looking forward to pictures from Target Field.  We enjoyed it there.  Nice park, nice people.  And Surly Beer!! Love that stuff :D  :beer: 

What a beautiful ballpark and just the nicest people you'll meet anywhere! I don't think I've been to a cleaner city...just really love the vibe in this town. It's a blow out...17-5 right now, Rangers are getting a beat down, but in the words of Ron Washington... "That's how baseball go"

I love inner city stadiums !

0702161534b~2.jpg

IMG_20160702_141635~2.jpg

0702161355.jpg

0702161414.jpg

That is NOT a Surly beer! :D

Minneapolis is a lovely city, with some seriously good food!  If you're looking for an offbeat museum, check out the Mill City Museum near the water.  All about flour...really.  But cool!

24 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I'll bring the mill museum up, but I may be out voted...lol....girls are currently loving Mall of America.... It's a serious beating IMHO...lol

Hahaha...Mall of America. Of course the ladies would vote for that! Safe travels.

On July 1, 2016 at 0:19 PM, zepscoda said:

After the 2 pen breakdowns, I'm sure  JD is up day and night setting up some moves to beef this bull pen up...it will go down several days before the deadline. I've got all the faith in the world he'll get this fixed.

In the car ,16 hour road trip on the way up to Target Field for the weekend... Let's go RANGERS!!

We need to make a move also.  When you have a team as good as this Orioles team, you have to support them and go get another good starter.  We only need guys to get us to the 5th.  We have O'Day and Brach and more, and our middle relief and our closer in Zach are among the best.  I am OK with 3 of the starters.  I am not OK with a couple of them.  So they say they will make a move.  I hope they do.  On the field they are loaded.

Yadier Molina, the 8 time All-Star catcher for the Saint Louis Cardinals recently became the 34th catcher in Baseball history to hit 1,500 hits.   In a tremendous and illustrious career and a definite for sure a first time Hall of Fame inductee.  It makes Me personally proud that one of the greatest catchers of All-Time happens to be a Legend that will be enshrined in Cooperstown, amongst some of the Greatest Saint Louis Cardinals players ever.  Yadier Molina is one of those Big-Time Players. 

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Yadier Molina, the 8 time All-Star catcher for the Saint Louis Cardinals recently became the 34th catcher in Baseball history to hit 1,500 hits.   In a tremendous and illustrious career and a definite for sure a first time Hall of Fame inductee.  It makes Me personally proud that one of the greatest catchers of All-Time happens to be a Legend that will be enshrined in Cooperstown, amongst some of the Greatest Saint Louis Cardinals players ever.  Yadier Molina is one of those Big-Time Players. 

Well I thought you had disappeared.  i was assuming our 3 game skid brought you out of hiding?  I guess not.  The good news in all of this is, well, go see the Boston score from last night.  That speaks for itself.  Yes we need to pick up a starter by the deadline.  Buck Showalter has to be pissed and if he is not I would worry.  Lets get out there and wrack up this little rice bender who has seen his better days.

i have to go see how close Houston is?  They are on fire. If they could get that pitcher Dallas Keichel back on track they would be even more dangerous.  I do not see them catching the Rangers.  But Wild Card for sure.  

11 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, it's early but the Mets are looking for the 4-game broom job against the Cubbies. Considering how bad they looked against the Nats, putting the broom to the Cubs would be a pleasant surprise...

The only team that can beat the Cubs and the only team the Cubs cant beat.  Just like these bottom feeding fish Mariners.  Now 3 over 500 courtesy of us, we likely will not see them in the playoffs.  Time to stomp them into submission.Go out and keep  your promise to us fans Buck and get us a fucking starter. Are you going to blow this team up because you are too damn proud to know you have to do it?

Archived