2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Looks like Rangers pkay the O's first week in August in Baltimore... If this game is any indication it should be an interesting three-game series... thank frekin god Holland settled down..this has been a rough season for him.

Typical Orchid bullshit. I'm all looking forward to watching Kershaw vs. Strasbourg after work tonight and lo and behold...The Orchid is a scratch because of his back. Kershaw and the Dodgers win easily...Kershaw strikes out Bryce Harper three times.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Typical Orchid bullshit. I'm all looking forward to watching Kershaw vs. Strasbourg after work tonight and lo and behold...The Orchid is a scratch because of his back. Kershaw and the Dodgers win easily...Kershaw strikes out Bryce Harper three times.

What's your favorite California MLB park? Not necessarily the team, but the ballpark. ....me & the Mrs are thinking about getting to one of them this summer.

16 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Here's our line up tonight Rick....going to be a fun game to watch....later in the week we take on Boston and than the Yanks.

2016-06-20-16-41-52-1.png

I do not understand why Buck refuses to play small ball EVER?  We fuck up and do not score with the bases loaded and had this game on ice.  But then there is Gausman.  What to do with this guy?  He gave a win away.  Sure we should have scored with them loaded and in the last inning also.   I guess the trip and having not all of our horses for this one was too much.   We are going to be around.  I am surprised by Texas's success I must say.  i hope it continues in NY and Boston

6 hours ago, zepscoda said:

What's your favorite California MLB park? Not necessarily the team, but the ballpark. ....me & the Mrs are thinking about getting to one of them this summer.

Easy...Dodger Stadium, followed closely by the Giants ballpark (I forget which corporate nomenclature it goes by now...PacBell?). The worst is Oakland.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Going to St Louis next week to see Mrs Walter's family.  Supposed to take in at least one game while we're there.  I'll post pics, if anything looks good.... ;) 

That's a ballpark I haven't been to yet.  Take copious notes! :)

Have fun!

Givens sucks my left one. He gave the fucking game away.  6-3 and for reasons unknown Buck pulls Wilson and we get fucked by Givens who allows 5 st batteres to reach including walking home the tying run!!!!   This with all other teams in the division losing.  Now he sends this sack of shit Jiminez back to the mound to get another pounding.  We have to score 12 to win tonight no doubt.  We may just do that vs this bad team.  But Buck needs to go out and get himself a guy like Shoemaker from the Angels who ill do business.  And they wont get a ton for him.  He would give us a guy that could be the difference.  Get moving and get us another guy.  And Buck, why dont you fucking lay a bunt down once a century?  Let Rickard use his speed?

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Breaking Bad character, Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), is at the Cubs/Cardinals game right now.  The Cardinals are winning 7-0 with Michael Wacha so far throwing a 2 hit game. 

I saw that.  The Cubs are not going to be caught for the division I would say.  The Wild card is your best route.  Trumbo has returned.  3 hits and a HR and we lead the Padres 7-2.  I am hoping the White Sox complete the rally and sweep Boston.  That would be nice.

White Sox pull huge rally and bury Red Sox, two HRs of their big time closer.  8-6 White Sox!!!!!!!  Love it

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Breaking Bad character, Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), is at the Cubs/Cardinals game right now.  The Cardinals are winning 7-0 with Michael Wacha so far throwing a 2 hit game. 

Calling Saul didn't help the Cubs. 

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Calling Saul didn't help the Cubs. 

You are correct, it did not help the Cubs at all.  The Cardinals swept the Cubs for the first time at Wrigley Field since 1988 (which is a hard fact to really comprehend, but a true fact).  I know that Jake Arietta is an "Ace" pitcher, but it seems that the Cardinals have his number more then a lot of other teams. 

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I saw that.  The Cubs are not going to be caught for the division I would say.  The Wild card is your best route.

Once again, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  Even the experts keep saying this:  Never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  This is baseball and the Saint Louis Cardinals have been to the Playoffs 12 times in the past 15 years.  Winning multiple World Series in the process.  I, and the whole of the Cardinal Nation expect nothing short of another World Series Title. 

Not to be a dick, but the Baltimore Orioles can not even come close to the events and facts that the Saint Louis Cardinals have achieved this Century.  Am I wrong? 

How many titles and World Series have the Baltimore Orioles been in and won in the past 15 years? 

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Once again, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  Even the experts keep saying this:  Never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  This is baseball and the Saint Louis Cardinals have been to the Playoffs 12 times in the past 15 years.  Winning multiple World Series in the process.  I, and the whole of the Cardinal Nation expect nothing short of another World Series Title. 

Not to be a dick, but the Baltimore Orioles can not even come close to the events and facts that the Saint Louis Cardinals have achieved this Century.  Am I wrong? 

How many titles and World Series have the Baltimore Orioles been in and won in the past 15 years? 

Well why dont you have that conversation with a Yankees fan and see how far you get.?  I am not interested in yesterday.  I am interested in the present and right now we are better than our Cardinals fella!  Yes, BETTER.  You wish you had an infield like ours with Machado, Hardy, Schoop and Davis.  I am not wasting any more time on this.  

The Chicago White Sox have a much better team than many people realize.  If they had a shut down closer I would really fear them.  I say they will be in this race with the Tigers, KC and of course, the Indains who are red hot and in first place.  What a great win for the Sox last night vs the other Sox.  The Red Sox.  The Red Sox closer got massacred.  It was good to see.  Bam, over the green monster.  And the White Sox announcers are fun to listen to.  "He gone" after each Red Sox player bit the dust.  Here is to Shields paying dividends today and beating them 4 st in Fenway.  Thanks to them the Orioles are now  2 up.   The First place Orioles Mr King.  

Oh, I see the 3 game winning streak has you all fired up.  I think the Cubs and Giants and Nats are pretty safe.  St Louis will have a fight on their hands to get a Wild Card.  The Dodgers and Mets both have a very good shot at getting them.  

I like the Phillies to break their 9 game skid today.  The kid that is pitching was the one that got them their last win, a shocking gem, as he 3 hit shutout the Blue Jays in Toronto.

White Sox announcer just mentioned that the Orioles and Red Sox looking for a starter.  Said we are looking at Liriano?  I do not know why?  From Pittsburgh?  I hope not.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Attention Walter.  Attention!!!!!!  This is the baseball thread.  So lets stop sending me notification in the NBA thread over non basketball material before you get us both whacked

There you go again Rick....

6 games up on June 24 - I've never heard of anyone come back from that curb stomping! :rolleyes: 

As Mrs Walter always says "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior".  So to me that says your team will take their usual swan dive and let you down yet again - plus we all know your predictions for champions in other sports are always wrong too.... :lol: 

Bye Felicia! ;) 

PS - Just bustin' your ⚾️? Rick

19 hours ago, Walter said:

There you go again Rick....

6 games up on June 24 - I've never heard of anyone come back from that curb stomping! :rolleyes: 

As Mrs Walter always says "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior".  So to me that says your team will take their usual swan dive and let you down yet again - plus we all know your predictions for champions in other sports are always wrong too.... :lol: 

Bye Felicia! ;) 

PS - Just bustin' your ⚾️? Rick

You know honestly, do you think I fear the Yankees more than the Boston Red Sox or Toronto?  Come on.  Get real.  Go see your schedule after you are finished with yet another gift series with the AAA Twins.  It gets a bit tougher fella

Archived