2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

1 hour ago, Houses of the Holy said:

Tonight's marquis match-up: Cards vs. Marlins.  Bonus baseball: Boston vs. the Yanks.  Scintillating TV. 

I think you mean 'marquee'. 'Marquis' makes me think of sadomasochism...which is like baseball in a way.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

I think you mean 'marquee'. 'Marquis' makes me think of sadomasochism...which is like baseball in a way.

Only if you are an Angels fan that should be a Dodgers fan.   Get on the train Sean!  The Dodges are in it.  There is no shame in having another team when you live in LA or NY.   They gave you two teams for a reason. So if one goes South, like the Angels and Yankees, you have the Dodgers and Mets.  Well sort of with the Mets.  Sorry Paul.  I hated them long before I knew you.  So its not personal, its business.  LOL.   

I think the FOR SALE sign will go up if the Yankees lose another game this weekend.  There is in house fighting right now and Cashman is looking like the correct one now.  If I was them I would get rid of those four guys mentioned, Texiera being one of them, while they can still get something.  They can simply walk out as UFA's this off season if they do not trade them now.  The smart move is to trade them.  EVen if they were to defy the odds and rally for a Wild Card, do you honestly think they could win a series?  No way in hell.  With one great set up man Botances that they burn out and over use?  Noibody like Mariano or Zach Britton. Did you see that horrible muff at 3rd base late in the game.  Do you think Machado would ever do that?  I would not trade our infield for any.  They need help.  

Well Boston will start their new pitcher I believe Sunday or Monday.  Cashner I believe is the name of  the San Dieigo pitcher that is mentioned as one of those being pursued, pitched a gem vs the Giants last night making a strong case for a team like my Orioles going after him.  I really want Hill though.   I want him big time.  And Dylan Bundy makes his first start tomorrow.  Finally!!!!!  I really hope he does well.  He has been fabulous coming out of the bullpen.  Ask the Dodgers.   Last appearance he struck out 7 Dodgers out of 9 batters faced.  He has great stuff.  Tillman goes today after his 13th.  If he gets it he is well on his way to 20.  And If he gets it I believe he has to be in Cy Young territory.  Sale has run into tough time of late, even though i am sure he will bounce back.  Here is to the Orioles kicking ass!!!!!

6 hours ago, redrum said:

I repeat.......F*%$#+G Padres!!

I wish I knew what was holding up Hill and Cashner being dealt?  Why the fuck has our GM not made a move when he knows we have the team that can win now, and we need a starter big time.  The Yankees of all teams helped us out last night.  Now we have to go in there and make it perfectly clear to them that they are sellers and finished.  It will only take perhaps one or two wins.  Anything less than a sweep will not be good enough.  They have to deal with Houston, Detroit, Toronto and Boston and maybe us if our GM does not make a move.  Oakland wanted alot from Boston.  The word is out.  Boston declined.  A blister does not scare me away from signing him.  But right now Casher is looking mighty good off that number he did on the Giants.  Your bloody Giants had best get moving in Boston.  I do not want to see them swept.  I do not like their chances with Peavy.  Peavy is not that good.  But after Peavy I expect to see Bumgartner at some point unless they missed him?  We are lucky we will miss Tanaka I guess?  Here is Guasman's chance to pick up a big fat W in his own column.  Do not let his record deceive you.  He has pitched far better than that.  He has handed the wins to guys like Givens and Brach.  Time for our bats to come out of slumber.  I expect Machado, Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Wieters and Jones to have some good numbers in NY>  I think an Orioles win tonight would put the Yankees in the selling mode for sure.  I mean, they are not going to jump 6 teams.  Houston has been hot.  Toronto also.  I am wondering what SD and Oakland need the most?  I mean, I would give up Ryan Flaherty, a relief pitcher other than O'Day, Brach or Britton of course, and that good young prospect C.  And Joseph maybe.  If they took Joseph straight up for one of those pitchers, in my mind they would have themselves one hell of a deal for the long haul.  Joseph has proven his worth.  He is in a slump granted.  But he has power and defense.  I would hate to lose him or Ryan but if we must we have to get a pitcher.  I also would trade Pedro Alvarez for Hill or Cashner in a NY minute.  Now, to find our GM's cell number so I can fucking text his ass silly

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I wish I knew what was holding up Hill and Cashner being dealt?  Why the fuck has our GM not made a move when he knows we have the team that can win now, and we need a starter big time.  The Yankees of all teams helped us out last night.  Now we have to go in there and make it perfectly clear to them that they are sellers and finished.  It will only take perhaps one or two wins.  Anything less than a sweep will not be good enough.  They have to deal with Houston, Detroit, Toronto and Boston and maybe us if our GM does not make a move.  Oakland wanted alot from Boston.  The word is out.  Boston declined.  A blister does not scare me away from signing him.  But right now Casher is looking mighty good off that number he did on the Giants.  Your bloody Giants had best get moving in Boston.  I do not want to see them swept.  I do not like their chances with Peavy.  Peavy is not that good.  But after Peavy I expect to see Bumgartner at some point unless they missed him?  We are lucky we will miss Tanaka I guess?  Here is Guasman's chance to pick up a big fat W in his own column.  Do not let his record deceive you.  He has pitched far better than that.  He has handed the wins to guys like Givens and Brach.  Time for our bats to come out of slumber.  I expect Machado, Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Wieters and Jones to have some good numbers in NY>  I think an Orioles win tonight would put the Yankees in the selling mode for sure.  I mean, they are not going to jump 6 teams.  Houston has been hot.  Toronto also.  I am wondering what SD and Oakland need the most?  I mean, I would give up Ryan Flaherty, a relief pitcher other than O'Day, Brach or Britton of course, and that good young prospect C.  And Joseph maybe.  If they took Joseph straight up for one of those pitchers, in my mind they would have themselves one hell of a deal for the long haul.  Joseph has proven his worth.  He is in a slump granted.  But he has power and defense.  I would hate to lose him or Ryan but if we must we have to get a pitcher.  I also would trade Pedro Alvarez for Hill or Cashner in a NY minute.  Now, to find our GM's cell number so I can fucking text his ass silly

SF has 2 with the Red Sox and 3 with the Yacky Ducks coming up.

Well zepscoda...Halos draw first blood. Seriously though, I don't know how excited I can get over the Angels great start to the second half, when they are still so far behind. Even if they sweep the Rangers this week, they will still be 10+ games behind. The Angels don't have the pitching to sustain a pennant drive.

Time to wake up the bats tonight.  I am ok with giving Worley a shot to start.  He is a fighter.  But I am not ok with our GM who is doing what?  Is he on the phone to the "coast"?  I hope so   I would be on the phone with Oakland and SD GMs.  Get us either Cashner or Hill.  What is it with you stubborn idiots?  Do you want to sit out of the playoffs and cheer for Texas?  The Orioles will compensate you with a good player or two if that is what it takes.  We only need one arm to balance the rotation.  Gausman pitched another great game.  He just gets no run support.  I do not get it.  He deserves better.  He will get better on the record end of things, but they have let him down.   Davis hopefully will be back from being sick.  I hope its nothing serious.  

Redrum, I had to go look up the schedule.  I do not understand some of your posts?  Where do you get Yacky Ducks from Yankees?  Never heard that one.  Just beat them and live up to your record.  You do have a dick schedule for the most part.  I want to see SF beat an AL team on the road.

Rick, I read where that was the 9th consecutive time the Yanks have taken the first game of the series from the O's in Yankee Stadium since 2013.  That's a weird stat!  I'm sure you'll pummel us the rest of the way....  Oh yeah, A-Roid is one closer to 700 - barf! 

The Saint Louis Cardinals are on Fire, even though they are still 7 games behind the Chicago Cubs.  I have no worries that that lead will soon diminish and that the Cardinals will rally back and make another push to win the National League Central for the 4th year in a row.  Like I have said before, if there is any team in the Major Leagues, it is the Saint Louis Cardinals

The Saint Louis Cardinals have been the most dominant and consistent team to make it to the MLB Post-Season of any team since the new millennium, Y2K (2000) and beyond. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

On 7/19/2016 at 7:21 PM, zepscoda said:

I don't know what's stranger...Tim Lincecum with short hair or that he's in an Angels uniform.

And the Giants have lost 5 straight. Keep doing that and L.A. will run their asses over.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:04 PM, Strider said:

Or that he won. 2 down...1 to go.

Make that a sweep zepscoda. Certainly was not expecting that to happen. Yet the Angels are still 11.5 games back. Booooo.

13 hours ago, redrum said:

And the Giants have lost 5 straight. Keep doing that and L.A. will run their asses over.

Well the Dodgers won't be playing the Nationals every game so I wouldn't worry. They run into the Cardinals buzz saw this weekend and the Cards have their number.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Well the Dodgers won't be playing the Nationals every game so I wouldn't worry. They run into the Cardinals buzz saw this weekend and the Cards have their number.

I told you (not you Strider, personally) that the Saint Louis Cardinals know how to win games when it counts.  The Cardinals were down 5-1 in the bottom of the 8th and tied the game with 4 runs.  Bottom of the 9th, bases loaded with 1 out and Aledmys Diaz, a rookie All-Star this year, hits a game-winning single to give the Cardinals a 4 game sweep of the San Diego Padres. 

6.5 games behind the Cubs.  An easy margin to overcome with 2.5 months remaining this 2016 season. 

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Hope you're right.

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I told you (not you Strider, personally) that the Saint Louis Cardinals know how to win games when it counts.  The Cardinals were down 5-1 in the bottom of the 8th and tied the game with 4 runs.  Bottom of the 9th, bases loaded with 1 out and Aledmys Diaz, a rookie All-Star this year, hits a game-winning single to give the Cardinals a 4 game sweep of the San Diego Padres. 

The Giants were down 8 to 7 in Boston with the bases loaded in the 6th and no outs. They hit into a double play and popped out. Sheesh.

On July 18, 2016 at 3:23 PM, redrum said:

SF has 2 with the Red Sox and 3 with the Yacky Ducks coming up.

I will be surprised if the Giants don't stop the bleeding today.  That play in the 9th did them in and they should have held on to the tie at the very least and sent the game into extra's.  Lets see if Girardi burns out his pen today?  Thanks Twins for the gift.  

The NL wild card race is going to be nuts  I see the Dodgers making it if they do not catch the Giants for the division, and that can happen.  The Dodgers have the best bullpen in baseball.   My Orioles are right there also.  When O'Day comes back next week, ,him and Brach are the best one two punch in the AL for set up men and then comes the closer Zach Britton who is the best right now.  I am checking the wire every day to see if we make a move on HIll or Cashner.  I sure hope we have the sense to?  I am wondering what in the hell they are asking for?  

It appears the Yankees cant make up their minds as to whether they are sellers or buyers.    To me they are sellers all the way.  And I think Girardi agrees.   Even if they miraculously hopped over the Houston Astros and some other teams, I cannot see them winning a series all on the back of Botances and Chapman. You cannot use them every night.  He has over used them to begin with.  The Red Sox surprised me last night.  Or maybe the Twins did?  I will take it.  Bundy proved he can pitch.  So he has answered our prayers for one spot.  Gausman has pitched very well without being rewarded.  Today I hope that changes.  We did not hit for him last game but we had the flu run through the clubhouse.  You cannot bet the Flu.  I hope we hold serve the next two days until the Rockies arrive.  Not sure who Boston has next.  

Archived