2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Well I am thankful I got to meet Sean (Strider in the Flesh in Hollywood today.  I know it no fun when your team is out of it, like his Angels, but I have had more of those years than I am used to.  The Orioles look like monsters one day and then they go to Oakland and do nothing against a team they should be having no trouble with.  We need to get our ass in gear in Oakland tonight to remain in first. I will be in SF Sat and my game is Sunday.  Untill then, more to do in LA

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Orioles look like monsters one day and then they go to Oakland and do nothing against a team they should be having no trouble with.  We need to get our ass in gear in Oakland tonight to remain in first. I will be in SF Sat and my game is Sunday.  Untill then, more to do in LA

Sounds just like the Giants. Hot & cold. They're hanging onto first by the skin of their teeth.

7 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am at a Hotel in Carmel and they blacked out the game on me!!!!  Orioles at Giants.  I will be in the house Sunday

The bastards! That sucks when they do that. Black-out rules are antiquated nonsense.

Hey Rick, what jersey are you wearing to Sunday's game: Weiters or Machado?

It was a pleasure to meet you and your missus. Safe travels.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

The bastards! That sucks when they do that. Black-out rules are antiquated nonsense.

Hey Rick, what jersey are you wearing to Sunday's game: Weiters or Machado?

It was a pleasure to meet you and your missus. Safe travels.

32,  Wieters.    We are up 4-0 and out hitting them 8-0.  Go figure.   It took us time to adjust to the west coast.  Trumbo hits another bomb.   So I will wear the road gray, Matt Wieter's jersey

So far so good.  Kicking some arse.  Davis had gone deep as has Trumbo.  Tomorrow Bumgartner goes and Gausman has not won a game on the road in ages.  I say he is due.  Bum got rocked last time out.  I would not chaulk it up for SF just yet.  Sunday I think I may see Miley.  He is what we needed.  A solid leftie that can get us 5 innings and to one of the best bullpens in the game along with the Dodgers.  If Bullpens win titles, a rematch of the 1966 Series is possible.  But I still like the Orioles and Cubs.  I  know Texas is being picked, and Cleveland really does not scare me.  If we get home field its lights out

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am at a Hotel in Carmel and they blacked out the game on me!!!!  Orioles at Giants.  I will be in the house Sunday

Carmel is about 120 miles from SF. Idiots.

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I hate blackouts.... WTF....they also do it on the MLB.TV app....it's a pain in the ass. 

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bitch ass SF fans rubbing my nose in the 7-1 score.  Now rub me you bitch ass's!!!

You should see when the Dodgers come to town. Lots of idiocy on both sides. Get any pics of the park? How was the weather?

9 hours ago, redrum said:

You should see when the Dodgers come to town. Lots of idiocy on both sides. Get any pics of the park? How was the weather?

I would like to post some when I return East.  Yes i have some.  Great weather.  Sun was baking me a bit but the salt air kept you cool.  Very strange.   Incredible comeback.  I mean, the Giants announcers were stunned.  Speechless.  I feel bad for that poor bastard closer.  He is the one that will take the blame.   a glorious win for us   A win of monumental proportions.  I mean, a win that could give us incredible confidence moving forward.  Now to dispose of Boston tomorrow

PS.  As much as I love Camden Yards, ATT park is number one in my book.  The best park I have ever seen

Go Yankees today!!!!!  And every game vs the Jays who I detest.    The Pirates come in here in the race.  Unreal

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

FWIW: The Cubs are 6-7 vs. the Cardinals this year so far.

I will admit that it is a bit different seeing the Saint Louis Cardinals in second place in the National League Central after years of almost always being in first place.  Regardless, my confidence in them will never waiver.  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I would like to post some when I return East.  Yes i have some.  Great weather.  Sun was baking me a bit but the salt air kept you cool.  Very strange.   Incredible comeback.  I mean, the Giants announcers were stunned.  Speechless.  I feel bad for that poor bastard closer.  He is the one that will take the blame.   a glorious win for us   A win of monumental proportions.  I mean, a win that could give us incredible confidence moving forward.  Now to dispose of Boston tomorrow

PS.  As much as I love Camden Yards, ATT park is number one in my book.  The best park I have ever seen

Go Yankees today!!!!!  And every game vs the Jays who I detest.    The Pirates come in here in the race.  Unreal

It is strange weather in SF. I don't know if Mark Twain said this: 'The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.' :lol:

Glad you liked the park.

On August 15, 2016 at 3:15 PM, redrum said:

It is strange weather in SF. I don't know if Mark Twain said this: 'The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.' :lol:

Glad you liked the park.

Escape from Alcatraz.   Likely true.  Have you guys recovered from that Orioles rally?  I see Pittsburgh won so I doubt it.  I do not understand how the Pirates are still alive.  I doubt the game will be played in Baltimore tonight if the weather reports are true?  

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Escape from Alcatraz.   Likely true.  Have you guys recovered from that Orioles rally?  I see Pittsburgh won so I doubt it.  I do not understand how the Pirates are still alive.  I doubt the game will be played in Baltimore tonight if the weather reports are true?  

S.F. just handed L.A. the division on a silver platter. Seems they were relying on L.A. to keep losing too. Pfffftt!!!

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You are in Houston?  Game is on now on MLB.  We have Houston for 4 at home.  Tonight we need to let Price have it

Yes.  I drove from Plano, Texas straight into downtown Houston.  Even with alot of rain. I made it in 4.5 hours. 

I am at Minute Maid Park right now.   Today I am all by myself (and still buzzed from last night).  Cardinals 4, Astros 0.  

Archived