2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Mets are rolling, but unfortunately for me, so are the Nats. But, I have to guess at some point in the long season, Washington will hit a skid or two--it happens to every team seemingly. 

I just checked the schedule & we don't see the Nats til May 17, in New York...

baseball-glove-smiley-emoticon.gif

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Mets are rolling, but unfortunately for me, so are the Nats. But, I have to guess at some point in the long season, Washington will hit a skid or two--it happens to every team seemingly. 

I just checked the schedule & we don't see the Nats til May 17, in New York...

baseball-glove-smiley-emoticon.gif

DeGrom pitching at the unpredictable Padres tonight.  Jet Lag may be the concern?  Cubs playing the Nats at home so your skid may come quick.  The Cubs are a wrecking machine but so too have the Nats been.  Look at what they did to KC.    The Cubs and White Sox have both been very impressive.   Last night as far as my team, we got 6 solid innings from the kid Wright and gave him no run support and  let the fat Sabathia suck us in on his bullshit ass breaking balls.  I hope tonight is payback.   We need to wake up.  Adam Jones is not himself yet.  They said he is still recovering from the injury.  Very obvious as on the Yankees first run he made no attempt to throw the guy out at home.  On a very shallow pop fly that usually he would nail the runner at home.  King, I have your boys on some parlays and they are up 4-0 as I type

2 hours ago, Walter said:

How did your O's ever let the Yankees beat them?  We officially stink!  P-U! ??

We scratched out a win tonight.  And really, you can't win 'em all...which is so unfair! :D 

I watched us win the pitcher's duel and did not realize we have lost Hardy for 6-8 weeks and that really sucks.  I think we can win without him but he i a huge part of our team especially on defense.  Once Adam Jones gets it going I think we can put a good run together.  Our starting pitching was the big concern and so far so good.  The Red Sox always seem to have the White Sox number.  But the White Sox are not going away.  And the Cubs are a wrecking machine right now along with the Nats.   I know Paul is watching his team getting no hit so far.  Jet Lag like I said.

Holland stunk it up last night..I bet his mind was on the Stars / Blues game...he's a huge hockey fan. Rangers have now fallen 2.5 games out of first behind Seattle.... I'm shocked that the start that Houston has gotten off to !

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Holland stunk it up last night..I bet his mind was on the Stars / Blues game...he's a huge hockey fan. Rangers have now fallen 2.5 games out of first behind Seattle.... I'm shocked that the start that Houston has gotten off to !

I think Houston stuck up on teams last year.  Way overrated.  They won't win the West.  The White Sox are the big surprise so far to me.  And I think they can hang around.  It sucks losing Hardy for 6-8 weeks. WE have to keep our heads above water without him.  We have enough bats.  Our defense will be a bit less in the infield without him.  Talk about baseball fans liking hockey, did you see the ushers come down and tell Cole, the Pirates pitcher to calm down?   Unreal

On 5/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think Houston stuck up on teams last year.  Way overrated.  They won't win the West.  The White Sox are the big surprise so far to me.  And I think they can hang around.  It sucks losing Hardy for 6-8 weeks. WE have to keep our heads above water without him.  We have enough bats.  Our defense will be a bit less in the infield without him.  Talk about baseball fans liking hockey, did you see the ushers come down and tell Cole, the Pirates pitcher to calm down?   Unreal

LOL...no, I haven't seen that yet...I'll have to look on YouTube.

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

LOL...no, I haven't seen that yet...I'll have to look on YouTube.

Yeah he was heckling the Washington bench.    As for today, what the hell are the Oakland A's dong wearing Baltimore's road colors?  Only the green and yellow on their hats.  After another shitty first inning giving up 3, the Orioles have scored 4, 3 on HRS and lead 4-3.  Tillman seems to have regained his form.  Knock on wood

OMG!! Why did I take these Mets?  Why?  I have all  my other games in. Winners.   Orioles, Cleveland, White Sox and more.  Need Mets to complete to more parlays and they are giving me hell. Up 4-3 in the 8th and BLACKED OUT HERE!    Yankees are not blacked out.  I have MLB and the ONLY GAME IN THE BIGS I CANT GET IS THE MUTTS

OMG!!!  Bases loaded and nobody out.  Kemp is a Padre.  I did not know the. i am in big trouble

Now they are bringing in a Bastard to pitch.  Miracle needed

Looking at the standings today--even though it's still early, my strategy to pick all the division winners from last year may be coming back to bite me a little bit. Especially those Astros--what is that old saying, you can't win a pennant in April, but you can damn sure lose one.

Mets and Nats will be a dogfight all year, the Cubs may be exceeding expectations & no one apparently no one wants the Western division. But--as always--still a long way to go....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Looking at the standings today--even though it's still early, my strategy to pick all the division winners from last year may be coming back to bite me a little bit. Especially those Astros--what is that old saying, you can't win a pennant in April, but you can damn sure lose one.

Mets and Nats will be a dogfight all year, the Cubs may be exceeding expectations & no one apparently no one wants the Western division. But--as always--still a long way to go....

I do not see the Cubs going any where.  And I do not see the Astros sneaking up on anyone this year.  Even Keichel that bearded clam can't get out of his own way.  I am starting to think its Seattle or Texas in the West?   Look at KC tonight vs the Yankees.  The Yankees can't beat anyone except KC.  Try and figure that out.  Just like your Mets and Nats are in for a long war, I believe my boys and the Red Sox are in for the same.   Cleveland is a very interesting team right now.  As are the White Sox.  

I watched that Royals/Yanks game--a pretty crazy one. Lorenzo Cain from KC smacked 3 home runs, Tanaka got cuffed up & Kansas City still lost--weird.

The White Sox were a team I forgot to mention earlier, but this may be their year. I wonder if a "All Chicago" World Series would get the United States fired up....

Trumbo has gone deep again.  2-1 Orioles right now.  Looking at the standings, I could not believe my eyes.  The Phillies are only a game and a half out and 4 above 500!!!!!

Chris Davis just hit one into the street.  And Trumbo hit his second of game next pitch.  5-1 Orioles !!!!!!  Power

Archived