Who was or is the coolest person in music?

Levee

you could say the same thing for Billie Holliday, Coltrane or Miles Davis.

EDIT to add; oh well there are couple of women mentioned, but they are still FEW!!

Where are the women in this thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! It's a shame only Billie and Janis is mentioned yet. :angry:

How about:

Billie Holiday

Etta James

Ronnie Spector

Tina Turner

They should all qualify for this thread!

billie-holiday-box-set-001.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqr4PhiaWo

EDIT to add; oh well there are couple of women mentioned, but they are still FEW!!

Where are the women in this thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! It's a shame only Billie and Janis is mentioned yet. :angry:

How about:

Billie Holiday

Etta James

Ronnie Spector

Tina Turner

Wow! I really forgot Tina Turner! She is a vocal powerhouse! Thanks for reminding me Swede! B) Also how about Aretha Franklin??! ;)

How about:

Billie Holiday

Etta James

Ronnie Spector

Tina Turner

They should all qualify for this thread!

billie-holiday-box-set-001.jpg

Thanks for mentioning Billie Holiday. I think most people know who she is, but she is a bit underrated, not to mention very cool! :D

Of course Tina always rocks! :thumbsup: She is an incredible performer.

In this pretty male dominated thread, I (from among the more fairly recent artists) consider this brilliant lady right here as another one of my choices :

05-evanescence-082007.jpg

Because of songs like these :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chgRLKm7qxY&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-6-HM

Can't wait for the new Evanescence album which is to be released this year! :wub:

• 4 years later...

(1) For just being born cool, relaxed, and fun in a crowd or at a party, easy choice Dean Martin

(2) For being just musical cool easy choice Jimmy Page or Jeff Martin

(3) For being one of us i.e music collector who tells cool stories about other bands and musicians and gigs with a really good radio show, easy choice Joe Elliott.

(4) For being intellectually cool, again easy choice Billy Corgan

(5) Music press cool Mick Wall or Ross Halfin

Archived