Jimmy's old house for sale!

Lilith

That would be way too cool to have house once owned by Jimmy. I would be suprised in fact if he does not buy it back simply because its where it all began and there is alot of history there.

RjK

That would be way too cool to have house once owned by Jimmy. I would be suprised in fact if he does not buy it back simply because its where it all began and there is alot of history there.

RjK

I'm still unconvinced about the origins of this property. Soonafter Jimmy moved from Pangbourne the boathouse he lived in was severely flood damaged. I was led to believe it was demolished, with a modern multi-story apartment building built on the original site down by Shooters Hill.

The locals said Jimmy's boathouse was one of what were called The Seven Sisters,

meaning there were at one time seven boathouses along the waterway. The boathouse

for sale appears to be of contemporary design (significantly renovated if original) and far too opulent for what was Jimmy's first place after moving out from his parent's home in Epsom.

I remember reading something about this in Tangents Within a Framework. The book claimed that the boathouse was completely demolished after the flood damaged it beyond repair. Then again, I've read other reports claiming that only the mooring platform was damaged and it was this that was demolished, not the house itself.

I'm inclined to assume that this is the original house, albeit largely renovated - if it wasn't then surely Jimmy's lawyers would have something to say about the sellers using Jimmy's name to flog a completely unconnected property?

I remember reading something about this in Tangents Within a Framework. The book claimed that the boathouse was completely demolished after the flood damaged it beyond repair. Then again, I've read other reports claiming that only the mooring platform was damaged and it was this that was demolished, not the house itself.

I'm inclined to assume that this is the original house, albeit largely renovated - if it wasn't then surely Jimmy's lawyers would have something to say about the sellers using Jimmy's name to flog a completely unconnected property?

Hello fellas. Ive read your comments with great interest. Just to put your minds at rest, this is the property that Jimmy owned...I know because my father is the person selling it.

He's got a copy of the land registry document showing when Jimmy bought it and how much he paid for it.

When my father bought the property he made some renovation work to it including building the swimming pool.

Robert Plant visited the property a few years back when he was in the area and more recently we have had local tv stations filming at the property running stories on the Led Zep concert.

I will be adding this to the website soon.

The property is going to be available in January 2008 for 1.2 million pounds sterling.

Hello fellas. Ive read your comments with great interest. Just to put your minds at rest, this is the property that Jimmy owned...I know because my father is the person selling it.

He's got a copy of the land registry document showing when Jimmy bought it and how much he paid for it.

When my father bought the property he made some renovation work to it including building the swimming pool.

Robert Plant visited the property a few years back when he was in the area and more recently we have had local tv stations filming at the property running stories on the Led Zep concert.

The property is going to be available in January 2008 for 1.2 million pounds sterling.

That's 2,386,312 US dollars.

That's 1,644,601 Euros.

That's 2,348,957 Canadian dollars.

That's 2,732,549.00 Australian dollars.

That's 273,120,404 Japanese Yen.

That's 94,067,203 India Rupees.

DAMMIT!!! ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT IT IS EXPENSIVE!!! :lol: :lol:

Sub, many thanks for the clarification and welcome to the site! It would be terrific if

you could post links concerning the media's coverage of this property if possible.

Another point: the house has no trace of a giant professional home studio. :rolleyes:

Doesn't every great musician (especially those who are producing music) have that? If they can afford it though (which this guy can...) ;)

Jimmy never bothered to have a professional home studio installed until he purchased Plumpton Place. It was on the second floor, and he used it to some extent for TSRTS and quite extensively for ITTOD.

Sub, many thanks for popping in to confirm things - that's some really interesting info. Cheers! :)

Jimmy never bothered to have a professional home studio installed until he purchased Plumpton Place. It was on the second floor, and he used it to some extent for TSRTS and quite extensively for ITTOD.

Plus he was either still doing sessions or in the Yardbirds when he bought the boathouse. He would have been making decent money back then but not enough to install his own studio, or buy a house that was big enough to contain a studio. By the time of Zeppelin, money was no longer an object.

Plus he was either still doing sessions or in the Yardbirds when he bought the boathouse. He would have been making decent money back then but not enough to install his own studio, or buy a house that was big enough to contain a studio. By the time of Zeppelin, money was no longer an object.

From Pangbourne he was close enough to commute to the studios in London.

That's 1,644,601 Euros.

Damn, c'mon Lotto 649 if I win I will put a bid on the property and invite everyone over for the weekend ........ lol.

RjK

That's 1,644,601 Euros.

This board has 4,851 registered members...that's 247 pounds each. Not too much to ask is it?

Archived