2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

45 minutes ago, ebk said:

I'm incredibly depressed right now.

Ebk, I'd like to say I'm sorry.  Have some Duckhorn and think about going to Bern's in the spring!  Or coming over here for some prime rib! ;) 

Be happy for your (not so) imaginary friend! :)  ✌🏻

Once again I will say that I am not a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers but I will congratulate them for beating the Chicago Cubs to take a 3-0 commanding lead.  I would like to see the Dodgers celebrate in front of.the Cubs fans at Wrigley Field.  I want to see the whole of Chicago City cry.  

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Once again I will say that I am not a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers but I will congratulate them for beating the Chicago Cubs to take a 3-0 commanding lead.  I would like to see the Dodgers celebrate in front of.the Cubs fans at Wrigley Field.  I want to see the whole of Chicago City cry.  

Well they won it all last year so I do not think they will cry.  And I would not say they choked.  I would just  say the Dodgers are the best team right now. As for Houston blowing that game, this is the reason I said way back when they should have done whatever it took to get Zach Britton.  They did not.  But they can still win this at home.

23 hours ago, Walter said:

Ebk, I'd like to say I'm sorry.  Have some Duckhorn and think about going to Bern's in the spring!  Or coming over here for some prime rib! ;) 

Be happy for your (not so) imaginary friend! :)  ✌🏻

Awww... that's very sweet of you.  Well, as sweet as a Yankee (and Cowboys) fan can be... ;)

I'll take you up on the wine tonight.  And very possibly the prime rib in March!  :D  Although I can't get to the "being happy for you" part.  

45 minutes ago, ebk said:

Awww... that's very sweet of you.  Well, as sweet as a Yankee (and Cowboys) fan can be... ;)

I'll take you up on the wine tonight.  And very possibly the prime rib in March!  :D  Although I can't get to the "being happy for you" part.  

Offer still stands, even if you can't be happy for a Yankees fan who's up 3-2 in the alcs!  

Kiké! Kiké! Kiké!

Welcome back to the World Series Dodgers!

From the time I started paying attention to baseball as a kid the Dodgers appeared in five World Series before I was 27. The thought of there being a 29-year World Series drought for Los Angeles was unthinkable.

Trying to get tickets will be insane...and insanely expensive. Even more so if their opponent is New York instead of Houston.

Not that I am a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers but I can't believe that it has been 29 years since their last World Series appearance.

If the World Series comes down to Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees, I will be rooting for the Dodgers.  

56 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Not that I am a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers but I can't believe that it has been 29 years since their last World Series appearance.

If the World Series comes down to Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees, I will be rooting for the Dodgers.  

I'll have to go for the Yankees. :D

22 hours ago, kingzoso said:

So the Houston Astros win to tonight, I  believe that it is in the Astros destiny to win the World Series.  

We shall find out tomorrow evening.

GO ASTROS!!!

...and we did.  I am very proud of the Houston Astros.

5 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

...and we did.  I am very proud of the Houston Astros.

As my friend on another board said - American is safe from the Yankees!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justice!!!!!!    All along i felt it would be Dodgers vs either Indians or Astros.  I gave Cleveland the edge because of their bullpen.  Did not expect them to blow the series vs the Yankees.  Astros will be a tough foe but I think the Dodgers are a team of destiny.  I wish that Scully would come back to announce the series.  

I thought Kershaw would pitch game two.  He must be fine on short rest. Kershaw vs Keichel. My only complaint is baseball should be over by now.  Its just too late in the year.  No cold weather cities at least.  Big advantage for LA is the bullpen.  Far better than the Astros.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

It's 100° today and will be in the 100s the next few days. No chance of cold-weather baseball here.

Go Dodgers!

Yes, it would be nice to hear Vin Scully call the World Series.

Archived