"Okay" heard in Achilles?

dpat

Was listening to Achilles Last Stand on CD (latest official re-mastered studio version) in my computer --which I rarely use to listen to music-- and I noticed around the 8:24 or 8:25 mark, I thought I heard Bonham or Page say "Okay" as the song changes from Plant's vocals to a Page solo.  I'm just wondering if it was some echo on the computer's equalizer that made it sound like the word 'okay,' or if anyone else has heard this before. :peace:

On 11/6/2018 at 2:04 PM, dpat said:

Was listening to Achilles Last Stand on CD (latest official re-mastered studio version) in my computer --which I rarely use to listen to music-- and I noticed around the 8:24 or 8:25 mark, I thought I heard Bonham or Page say "Okay" as the song changes from Plant's vocals to a Page solo.  I'm just wondering if it was some echo on the computer's equalizer that made it sound like the word 'okay,' or if anyone else has heard this before. :peace:

I just listened to it mono, mid side, inverted, 4-5 other ways and do not hear it.  Though I noticed a lot of cool mix quirks!  It actually makes sense, it's such a long song, that JP/JB would call out the change during the jam.  I can visualize it but I don't think there's audio.  Let us know otherwise.  Don't feel silly if not, it's nice to pull out hidden nuggets when they're there.  ✌️

1 hour ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I've listened to The Ocean, God knows how many times and I've never been able to hear the phone ring. I've wanted to ask this for a long time - can someone tell me the approximate time it occurs in the track? 

It goes through the first couple of bars of the guitar solo.

I've never heard the phone ring in The Ocean or the squeaky bass drum in SIBLY and I can't hear this either - sorry! 
I don't actually want to hear these things, though - once I hear that damn squeak, I'm sure I won't be able to UNhear it...

Archived