Copyright claims on youtube possibly hinting at new release

June72

Channels such as LedZeppelinRarities and ledzepfilm have both reportedly had some copyright issues with a few shows from 1969. Shows like the April San Francisco stint and International Pop Festival have been taken down out of the blue. It's being theorized on reddit and Royal Orleans that this may be foreshadowing a new release. Here's  the thread on reddit and here's the thread on Royal Orleans. Let's hope this leads to something...

Well hopefully there's some news coming up soon ! Because if they are just going to block those bootleg and do nothing, that would suck ! My upload of Train Kept a Rollin' and Sitting & thinking from Fillmore are still available on my Youtube channel.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Same thing happened to my upload of the Nite Owl matrix of 4/27/69. Every song received a claim. This is really interesting. I'm still reluctant to get my hopes up, but I'm definitely intrigued.

I am part of two YouTube channels, one features instrumental Zep covers and the other channel is my own which is dedicated to Bonzo's drumming , called Bonhamology. It's seems like in the past month or two, nearly every cover we do, or video I make playing along, even to a bootleg gets a claim. What's particularly frustrating to me is, for my channel I'm making the videos primarily for educational purposes (considered Fair Use), and I'm often using bootlegs. I'm doing a series of covers of the complete Seattle 75 second night , and nearly every song so far has received a claim, which never happened before with playing along to boots . Rain Song received a claim for song match of the MSG '73 2007 remaster. In My Time Of Dying was claimed as the 2012 remaster.  I'm assuming they are laying claim to the melody by recognition , even though it's not the version in the claim details. It's always some South American group  like Latin Autor/ Brasilia Kobalt making the claim. Seems either bogus, or very opportunistic.  Are these divisions of Warner Music ?? Is that who was claiming your vids? Also, did they actually block your videos , or just make a claim? 

Edited by porgie66

17 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I am part of two YouTube channels, one features instrumental Zep covers and the other channel is my own which is dedicated to Bonzo's drumming , called Bonhamology. It's seems like in the past month or two, nearly every cover we do, or video I make playing along, even to a bootleg gets a claim. What's particularly frustrating to me is, for my channel I'm making the videos primarily for educational purposes (considered Fair Use), and I'm often using bootlegs. I'm doing a series of covers of the complete Seattle 75 second night , and nearly every song so far has received a claim, which never happened before with playing along to boots . Rain Song received a claim for song match of the MSG '73 2007 remaster. In My Time Of Dying was claimed as the 2012 remaster.  I'm assuming they are laying claim to the melody by recognition , even though it's not the version in the claim details. It's always some South American group  like Latin Autor/ Brasilia Kobalt making the claim. Seems either bogus, or very opportunistic.  Are these divisions of Warner Music ?? Is that who was claiming your vids? Also, did they actually block your videos , or just make a claim? 

Most of my videos have some sort of copyright claim on them, but they're usually allowed to be publicly viewable with monetization. These claims on 4/27/69 all came up out of the blue. What's really weird is I just checked and the video is back up with no copyright claims to speak of. I didn't get a chance to check, but I think the claims were from UMG, although I'm not positive. The whole thing is very peculiar.

Edited by ZepHead315