Poetry Beyond Print: Scarlett Sabet in conversation with Jimmy Page

SteveAJones

Join poet Scarlett Sabet and legendary musician Jimmy Page to discuss their latest project, Catalyst.

Mon, 9 March 2020

18:30 – 20:30 GMT

The Groucho Club

45 Dean Street

London

W1D 4QB

United Kingdom

About this Event

Hailed by Hunger Magazine as “one of the brightest new stars on the international poetry scene”, poet and performer Scarlett Sabet has built a reputation for her beautiful prose and emotive readings.

Inspired by the Beat poets, Emily Dickinson and Sylvia Plath, her work including four collections - Camille (2019), Zoreh (2018), The Lock and the Key (2016) and Rocking Underground (2014) - explores themes of women and friendship, loss and childhood, and the politics of isolation and despair.

Joining us for a London Book & Screen Week special, Scarlett will be in conversation with legendary musician Jimmy Page to discuss their latest project, Catalyst, a radical sonic re-interpretation of selected pieces of Scarlett’s work, released digitally and on special edition vinyl last year.

Alongside a reading by Scarlett, the two will discuss the creative process behind the album, the relationship between word, sound and format, and whether the potential of poetry lies beyond the printed page. A unique opportunity to hear from both rock royalty and one of contemporary poetry’s brightest stars.

Ticket price includes a complimentary drink and signed copy of Scarlett's latest collection, Camille.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/poetry-beyond-print-scarlett-sabet-in-conversation-with-jimmy-page-tickets-88500197473#listing-organizer

https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_87952821_68493657745_1_original.jpg

Page being the interviewer should give him leverage to set the tone for Scarlett’s event, then field questions afterwards from anyone in attendance (if there is an open q&a session) and answer or remove any/all questions directed at him of any future solo or Led Zeppelin related releases/reissues.

R😎

Edited by reids

Hi all

I was lucky enough to attend last night's 'Scarlett Sabet in Conversation With Jimmy Page' event at Libreria in London's East End. In fact I sat next to Jimmy for the entire thing!

The format was basically Scarlett reading several poems and then both Scarlett and Jimmy answering pre-prepared questions put to them by the host. After this they then took questions from the audience members where we had to write them down on paper and several were selected at random.

What didn't happen was Jimmy interviewing or asking questions of Scarlett or vice versa. We were asked to put cameras away after a few quick snaps and Jimmy didn't sign anything. I was lucky enough to shake his hand, and briefly talk about his Sound Tracks box set and we exchanged pleasantries.

It was an incredibly intimate event with about 30 or so people crammed into the tiny bookshop!

Hopefully I've added a few pics correctly!

Cheers all....

Screenshot_20200212-081717_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-225053_Twitter.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

20200211_190643.jpg

20200211_190708.jpg

Screenshot_20200212-082444_Photos.jpg

On 2/9/2020 at 10:27 PM, SteveAJones said:

a radical sonic re-interpretation

What exactly does this mean? Will Jimmy be playing guitar or adding musical texture to her poetry? This is rather vague.

I have to admit, regarding Scarlett I did chuckle a bit however if Jimmy does play music behind her poetry, there could be serious potential for great music. I can imagine something along the lines of Mazzy Star as that would suit them both quite well.